Michael Vick a back up?

Spillnation

Now I am well aware this post is blastworthy and look forward to the always creative remarks. But if the Eagles decide to part with Vick I could see him considering Buffalo if the offer hits the table. Here's how it makes sense.

We wanted him when he first returned from lock up. Of course being the Bills we got overlooked for Andy Reid. He beat out Kolb and were still paying that bums contract.

His style of play is what we are asking of EJ to learn and who better to learn it from than an all pro mobile vet.

Of course there Is the risk that Vick would ignite a controversy over Qb but that's not what would entice him to come here. Ej is a risk, has missed considerable time as does Mike Vick every season. Mike can see how injuries expose weakness and he would realize that it Is very possible to take the #1 spot here if Manuel gets hurt again. It also would provide Vick a decent amount of time to rest, learn our system and help groom Ej. I would approach this as a duel qb system. We're hoping Ej stays healthy but if not we're more than ready to sub Vick in without changing our game plan. And I could see Vick lighting it up for the latter half of a season, playoff Vick?

I like Ej, seems smart, humble an all the intangibles you want.

If Mike Vick has learned anything playing his style of quarterback through the years it's the toll it takes on the body and how important that lesson is to teach Manuel is an understatement. There are plenty more reasons why this makes sense but I'd rather hear from others. Hate, Love, Confused?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

I don't believe the Bills WANT EJ to run. It would expose his skinny legs to serious injury. I think the Bills want him to develop good pocket awareness and just shuffle around to create throwing opportunity. Vick is anything but a pocket passer.

Nanker, I'm more than aware of my gravatar... it's awesome and should serve as a homage not an insult. Who whizzed in your Flutie Flakes. Is that all your bringing to the conversation is an insult?

Your avatar is also used by a member that has been here since the beginning of the board (over 10 years). Please switch to something else to avoid confusion.

Now I am well aware this post is blastworthy and look forward to the always creative remarks. But if the Eagles decide to part with Vick I could see him considering Buffalo if the offer hits the table. Here's how it makes sense.

We wanted him when he first returned from lock up. Of course being the Bills we got overlooked for Andy Reid. He beat out Kolb and were still paying that bums contract.

His style of play is what we are asking of EJ to learn and who better to learn it from than an all pro mobile vet.

Of course there Is the risk that Vick would ignite a controversy over Qb but that's not what would entice him to come here. Ej is a risk, has missed considerable time as does Mike Vick every season. Mike can see how injuries expose weakness and he would realize that it Is very possible to take the #1 spot here if Manuel gets hurt again. It also would provide Vick a decent amount of time to rest, learn our system and help groom Ej. I would approach this as a duel qb system. We're hoping Ej stays healthy but if not we're more than ready to sub Vick in without changing our game plan. And I could see Vick lighting it up for the latter half of a season, playoff Vick?

I like Ej, seems smart, humble an all the intangibles you want.

If Mike Vick has learned anything playing his style of quarterback through the years it's the toll it takes on the body and how important that lesson is to teach Manuel is an understatement. There are plenty more reasons why this makes sense but I'd rather hear from others. Hate, Love, Confused?

Set the crack pipe down and back away.

Sage, I agree with your comment on Fitz and he probably would have restructured his deal if it weren't for the deadspin fallout. And I think you have unknowingly revealed the bigger problem, keeping our qb's healthy behind a strong offensive line. Top priority in the off-season for sure.

Sage, I agree with your comment on Fitz and he probably would have restructured his deal if it weren't for the deadspin fallout. And I think you have unknowingly revealed the bigger problem, keeping our qb's healthy behind a strong offensive line. Top priority in the off-season for sure.

Fitz would have never restructured and I don't blame him. Why take a pay cut willingly when you know you can get back up money anywhere else? He had nothing to lose and $50 million to gain by playing hardball at the negotiating table.