Coach Marrone

vegas55

So the point is that Chip Kelly got lucky and Doug Marrone didn't? Right. Keep telling yourselves that.

I don't understand why everything always has to be so polarized.....or why different concepts have to always be mutually exclusive.

Kelly certainly did get lucky. That doesn't mean that he isn't a good coach or won't be a good coach.

Marrone didn't get lucky and have a good 2nd year QB make things look better. That doesn't mean that he is a bad or good coach, orthat he will/won't be one.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO Doug Marrone is taking the right steps to ensure this team remains a winner after it gets out of this slump. Putting the Championship banners up as a reminder to new players as to how this team and this city do matter and had pride. It is attainable once again with hard work an unselfish acts of sportsmanship. I Billieve that we are on the cusp. Sure I was disappointed when we were eliminated from playoff hopes, but really, when I look back on it, all new coaches, multiple QB's, the threat of the team being moved, a whole new system in place...... we are right there. Maybe a few upgrades in a few different positions, and the playoffs will return to us.

Do any of the people posting this nonsense actually work for a living? I doubt it highly. How could they? I just cant wrap my noggin around the volume of idiocy here.. On a board where you'd expect knowledgeable football people. Thankfully, we do have some of those and I appreciate the hell out of that. Good grief though, there is a lot of basement "fluff" ...... and thats putting it mildly.

My opinion, and thats all it is. We have a good coach here. You can highlight all his failures and ignore his personnel decisions but in my opinion he's gonna be a winner and I'm damn glad we have him.

Who are you going to replace this coach with.....that is a better coach?

Sure...Gruden, Cowher et al will break their ankles rushing to Buffalo to coach. Not Happnin.

I'm proud to have Marrone coaching my favorite football team.

And the OP expresses support for Marrone as well. But that does not mean he is above criticism. There is no way I would even dream of replacing Marrone, but it does not mean there are not some noticeable shortcomings. And pointing those out is not the same as calling for his head. This board is not just for cheerleaders.

Do any of the people posting this nonsense actually work for a living? I doubt it highly. How could they? I just cant wrap my noggin around the volume of idiocy here.. On a board where you'd expect knowledgeable football people. Thankfully, we do have some of those and I appreciate the hell out of that. Good grief though, there is a lot of basement "fluff" ...... and thats putting it mildly.

My opinion, and thats all it is. We have a good coach here. You can highlight all his failures and ignore his personnel decisions but in my opinion he's gonna be a winner and I'm damn glad we have him.

Who are you going to replace this coach with.....that is a better coach?

Sure...Gruden, Cowher et al will break their ankles rushing to Buffalo to coach. Not Happnin.

I'm proud to have Marrone coaching my favorite football team.

People who question Marrone obviously don't have jobs.

This is my new favorite homer post.

My question is, what does Marrone do around here? Isn't he just a figurehead who spouts off cliche's and handles clock management/challenges? And we all know how good at that he is, because it's soooo different from college.

Hackett clearly runs the O. Pettine clearly runs the D. So what does Marrone, the offensive guru and vaunted O-line coach, do?

Instill a culture change? Preach accountability and discipline? yet we have a top 5 penalized team with no hot heads e.g. Suh. Doesn't sound like discipline to me.

What about, "don't confuse effort with results?" Isn't that the Bills mantra? How come we always hear about how hard we fought and how proud we are of that? Isn't that confusing effort with results? Aren't we rewarding "trying hard?"

Maybe we'll win a participation trophy this year.

I agree wholeheartedly with Doug Marrone when asked to reflect on his first year as HC of the Billls. He offered no excuses, that their record was not acceptable. I think most would concur. I therefore recomend that Marrone and his staff be replaced and we start with a new regime that has a better chance of succeeding. Best wishes to Doug et. al at the very least he admitted his inability to turn things around and that is the best that anyone could ask.

Yeah great idea. It should be a rule that a coaching staff and front office gets only one year to completely turn around a franchise that is in complete ruins. Clearly, no progress has been made this season.

Troll much?

Hopefully we could get somebody new and fire them sooner, starting the cycle of rebuilding towards success that much more quickly. Because Harbaugh.

I agree wholeheartedly with Doug Marrone when asked to reflect on his first year as HC of the Billls. He offered no excuses, that their record was not acceptable. I think most would concur. I therefore recomend that Marrone and his staff be replaced and we start with a new regime that has a better chance of succeeding. Best wishes to Doug et. al at the very least he admitted his inability to turn things around and that is the best that anyone could ask.

I think we should do something similar with posting privileges. You have one month to post and if you fail to post something contributory or at least coherent then you lose your posting privileges permanently.

Yes, you'll still be allowed to read but you'll be prohibited from posting any more stupidity.

I have bad news for the OP,

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I think we should do something similar with posting privileges. You have one month to post and if you fail to post something contributory or at least coherent then you lose your posting privileges permanently.

Yes, you'll still be allowed to read but you'll be prohibited from posting any more stupidity.

Obvious Trolls should just be banned period. Not only are they trolling, they are bad at it which is really unforgivable.

Edited by jeremy2020

OK. while we're piling on the troll (deservedly):he has something of a point:

I don't want Marrone pleased with the result of this season. I want him to keep that frustration burning all offseason as he plans for next year. I want him interviewing people to change out some of the coaching staff, looking through prospective free agents, looking through film on draft prospects.

The Colts had a fire sale the year they released Manning, cutting a lot of their veterans. They have now made the playoffs two years in a row.

This year, the Chiefs got a brand new head coach, brought in a QB that people said was mediocre to good and then built a dominating team.

Marrone isn't making excuses and 6-10 or 7-9 is about or better what national media expectations were. I just wish we'd defied them for once.

I was born in 1969. Do you know HW many head coaches the Pittsburgh Steelers have had in my life time? Hint it's less than the Bills have had in this century.

Whether you are trying to be sarcastic or not, another idiotic thread on the head coach is unnecessary. The staff isn't going anywhere, nor should they.

Mike - What was the reaction of SU Orange fans in Syracuse to the hiring of SU football coach Doug Marrone, et al, to coach the Buffalo Bills? I live in Syracuse, too, and I was more than excited and a proud homer to see the SU coaching staff move west to Buffalo. But in all honesty I would estimate that 75% of the people around here told me that the Bills hiring the SU coaching staff was a BAD IDEA for Buffalo. I now realize that those people were right.

Mike - What was the reaction of SU Orange fans in Syracuse to the hiring of SU football coach Doug Marrone, et al, to coach the Buffalo Bills? I live in Syracuse, too, and I was more than excited and a proud homer to see the SU coaching staff move west to Buffalo. But in all honesty I would estimate that 75% of the people around here told me that the Bills hiring the SU coaching staff was a BAD IDEA for Buffalo. I now realize that those people were right.

Okay, please elaborate. How exactly do you know already that Marrone was a bad hire? He didn't lead his team to the playoffs. Yes. Did he take over a raging dumpster fire of a football team. Yes. I, for one, would say that this team has made progress. Perhaps it didn't show up significantly in the W/L column, but there were some bright spots. I'm curious to learn what has caused you to pass judgement on him so quickly?