Coach Marrone

vegas55

Maybe my point wasn't clear.

Your point was very clear. You said Kelly was wrong for starting the season with the his starting QB ("the wrong QB") instead of "the rookie backup" who lost 7 of 8 starts and threw only 6 TDs all the previous season.

Since no one predicted that Foles would "blow up", why was not going with Foles week one "the wrong choice"? Your argument makes no sense, except in hindsight, which makes it also completely unconvincing.

Kelly turned Foles into a completely different QB than he was last year. I give him credit for that.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your point was very clear. You said Kelly was wrong for starting the season with the his starting QB ("the wrong QB") instead of "the rookie backup" who lost 7 of 8 starts and threw only 6 TDs all the previous season.

Since no one predicted that Foles would "blow up", why was not going with Foles week one "the wrong choice"? Your argument makes no sense, except in hindsight, which makes it also completely unconvincing.

Kelly turned Foles into a completely different QB than he was last year. I give him credit for that.

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking. You must have just not read anything I just posted. Hint hint. The part where I said it was based on results, aka hindsight. Or where I said Chip deserves credit. Pointless discussing further with you.

Marrone's first mistake was Hackett, his second was Crossman. If you have a rookie head coach you can't handicap him with an extremely inexperienced OC and a ST coach that should be coaching high school.

This teams other mistakes began in the FO by (1) not signing Levitre & Byrd, (2) not replacing Levitre with a competent FA, (3) not retaining Fitz or T Jax, (4) starting the season with a rookie QB and an UDFA rookie back-up, (5) lack of veteran players in the secondary, and (6) no quality WR or TE pick-ups.

Obviously the team did not care about winning this year and clearly it was reflected in these amateurish Front Office moves.

Edited by jumbalaya

Your reading comprehension is severely lacking. You must have just not read anything I just posted. Hint hint. The part where I said it was based on results, aka hindsight. Or where I said Chip deserves credit. Pointless discussing further with you.

I quoted you.

Anyway, repeatedly insisting Kelly made the wrong choice based on hindsight, and criticizing him for it...isn't worth further discussing.

Your posts are always so informative and insightful. You also seem like a really upbeat kind of guy. You're truly an asset to this board.

Great response!! You have to get use to some of the posts on this board, I know the feeling.