A couple of pieces and this "D" could be the best in the NFL

littlelouie

Give me Clowney and Mack and tell me this couldn't be the best "D" in the NFL. I know we can't get both but I'm just saying, "IF"

If your gonna dream might as well dream big, both Clowney and Mack.

I don't worry that Clowney is not having the kind of year he had last year. I bet his agent told him to play cautious and stay healthy at all costs. He knows if he gets hurt it could cost him millions of dollars. I wouldn't doubt his agent told him to dog it and save his body. Even if he isn't drafted 1st or 2nd he will still get a ton of dough. If he gets a major injury before the draft he would lose a lot of bargaining power.

For all he people that are negative on Clowney give him to me I'll take him. He is an athletic freak like Bruce Smith was.

Edited by littlelouie

They will be drafting OT in the first round. Mack has not played against elite competition. Clowney will be taken by Atlanta unless Demitroff trades down - which he should as their defense needs 6-8 new players.

I don't know, I thought he looked ok at the horseshoe...

I know Mack is a big gamble because he hasn't played in a good conference but these last two useless wins cost the Bills any chance of getting Barr who is a beast. The Bills always do that. They stink it up and get eliminated from the playoffs but then win a couple of meaningless games to screw up their draft. They did the same thing last year when they beat the Jets who didn't come to play. The Jets were running for the bus and already had their golf clubs packed. That game cost the Bills Kuechly, the linebacker they coveted and wanted badly. Carolina snatched him up the pick right before them and then the Bills ended up with Gilmore. Gilmore is an average player but Kuechly is a beast and will be a perennial all pro.

You don't get the blue chippers as far down as the Bills will be picking this year. I think that's the main reason why the Bills never improve. They keep missing the blue chippers so they remain a very weak team. If you look back the only team the Bills have had that was a contender was built around a blue chipper like Bruce Smith.

Can we finish th season, see where everyone stands and we have 3.5 months to talk about the draft over and over again. We also have 2+ months to talk about free agency. I'd rather focus on winning Sunday, leave on a high note, and then watch the playoffs.

When the SB is over we can think for another month on free agency and two months on the draft. Then we go to football hell waiting for the summer.

Just sayin.

There's baseball ALL summer. Who would even waste their time thinking football in the summer? You start thinking football in late August early September.

I would. The football offseason is much more interesting to me than game 37 of 162. Remember that really important baseball game this past May? ....Me neither.

They will be drafting OT in the first round. Mack has not played against elite competition. Clowney will be taken by Atlanta unless Demitroff trades down - which he should as their defense needs 6-8 new players.

Lol, really? Ask Urban Meyer what he thought of Mack...he said Mack was too much for most of our guys to handle...

I don't care who he played against, the man is the all time NCAA leader in tackles for losses

Give me Clowney and Mack and tell me this couldn't be the best "D" in the NFL. I know we can't get both but I'm just saying, "IF"

If your gonna dream might as well dream big, both Clowney and Mack.

I don't worry that Clowney is not having the kind of year he had last year. I bet his agent told him to play cautious and stay healthy at all costs. He knows if he gets hurt it could cost him millions of dollars. I wouldn't doubt his agent told him to dog it and save his body. Even if he isn't drafted 1st or 2nd he will still get a ton of dough. If he gets a major injury before the draft he would lose a lot of bargaining power.

For all he people that are negative on Clowney give him to me I'll take him. He is an athletic freak like Bruce Smith was.

A guy like Mack would be a great addition and solve a problem.

Take us to another level within a a season or two.

Clowney is for some other team. we need to stop the run and have players that can move around .

I agree the Bills defense is as close as they have been to respected right now , as they have been in years and years . Another year with Pettines system and about 3 players ???

The Branch resign was a nice kickoff to 2014

The best "D", no. Carolina, San Fran, Seattle... they're loaded with talent that Buffalo can't match yet. Especially in run defense. If Barr slipped to us, I'd take him in a heartbeat. So much pass rushing skill, he'd be a double digit sack guy immediately. I don't think Mack is a good fit here in Pettine's defense, but I know that connection won't go away.

I know Mack is a big gamble because he hasn't played in a good conference but these last two useless wins cost the Bills any chance of getting Barr who is a beast. The Bills always do that. They stink it up and get eliminated from the playoffs but then win a couple of meaningless games to screw up their draft. They did the same thing last year when they beat the Jets who didn't come to play. The Jets were running for the bus and already had their golf clubs packed. That game cost the Bills Kuechly, the linebacker they coveted and wanted badly. Carolina snatched him up the pick right before them and then the Bills ended up with Gilmore. Gilmore is an average player but Kuechly is a beast and will be a perennial all pro.

You don't get the blue chippers as far down as the Bills will be picking this year. I think that's the main reason why the Bills never improve. They keep missing the blue chippers so they remain a very weak team. If you look back the only team the Bills have had that was a contender was built around a blue chipper like Bruce Smith.

I'm glad they won these last 2 games and I hope they win on Sunday. Losing to get a better draft spot is a losers mentality and I'm grateful that the team I root for don't have that type of attitude. I've made this point before but if you look at the last few Super Bowl winners you'll see that the ones who built from the draft(Packers, Ravens, Steelers and Giants) have only had 1 top 5 selection in the last 10 years. That was Eli to the Giants. The successful teams draft well REGARDLES of where they pick. It's not about WHERE you pick but how well you pick. This lose to draft is a fairy tale, this isn't Madden.

Furthermore you act on the assumption that they would've draft Kuechly, if they really wanted a CB and they would've just lost 3 more games maybe they would've drafted Claiborne who has been benched because of poor play. I'll work off of that assumption and you work off of yours. Again, it's more about HOW WELL you draft than WHERE you draft

Edited by Hazed and Amuzed

Concerning Mack: I watched that bowl game just to see him play, and honestly, I'm still looking. Did he play, was he hurt? I did not see one thing to get me interested in him. Maybe he was hurt?