Strange possibility in division

4merper4mer

If the Jets beat the Dolphins and the Bills beat the Pats next week, the Bills will finish last in the division but have the best intra-divisional record. I'm sure this could have happened at some point it the past but I'm guessing it is highly unusual and possibly a first.

Maybe next year we can reverse the trend by having the worst divisional record but winning the division. I'd prefer that.

If the Jets beat the Dolphins and the Bills beat the Pats next week, the Bills will finish last in the division but have the best intra-divisional record. I'm sure this could have happened at some point it the past but I'm guessing it is highly unusual and possibly a first.

Maybe next year we can reverse the trend by having the worst divisional record but winning the division. I'd prefer that.

I think something close happened a few seasons ago when Oakland went 6-0 in the division and still missed the playoffs (Don't know if they were last in the division).

I think something close happened a few seasons ago when Oakland went 6-0 in the division and still missed the playoffs (Don't know if they were last in the division).

Last year the Rams went 4-1-1 in the divison and had a losing record. Not last in the division, but it was a story at the time.

I could be wrong, but if I remembedr correctly those were the only 6 games they won.

They were, clearly, not last in the division if they finished 6-0 against divisional opponents.

It was nice to beat the Jets and sweep the dolphins for sure, but beating the Patriots next week would be an awesome way to finish the season.

Robey Gilmore Mckelvin are a serious force at corner right now. I predicted a huge defensive victory today and think Brady is going to be shocked at how well his receivers are covered next week.

Our D is on fire.

We still need to beat the Patriots first......but yeah, it would be quite an odd occurrence.

This is what people point to when they accept losing. The 2013 Bills are losers. Don't buy into the hype they are better losers than last year's losing team. Next year will be next year and it will be another season with excuses.

This is what people point to when they accept losing. The 2013 Bills are losers. Don't buy into the hype they are better losers than last year's losing team. Next year will be next year and it will be another season with excuses.

Since we're powerless to stop the losing, accepting it is a response that reflects emotional maturity.

As opposed to, you know, getting pissed off and actling a d-bag after each loss. It's just a game, not life or death.

I just said it would be an odd occurrence It would be odd if any team did it....ever. I offered no comment on whether I thought it was a good thing or a bad thing.