BillsInMaine

Trade Stevie and CJ?  

97 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Stevie and CJ?

• Trade Both Stevie and CJ
    • Trade only Stevie
    • Trade only CJ
    • Don't trade either

You would be trading them at a low point in their values. Not a good idea when trading.

Also, you would be putting the onus on the wrong person. This season is EJ's failure (not that I would trade him either). Stevie and Spiller would be playing well with a competent QB.

CJ- just needs to get healthy. has a reasonable cap hit of $4.16 mil next year and $4.36 in 2015. worth every penny.

Stevie - has a cap hit of $8.5 mil next year, $8.85 mil in 2015 and $8.9 mil in 2016. that puts him in the Top 10 highest paid receiver list. his contract is such that you can't cut him (too much dead money). i don't think he is worth +$8.5 mil and would trade him for anything just to get him off the books. having said that, i think his contract makes him untradeable and we will keep him. they need to move stevie inside to the slot receiver position.

It really depends on what you would get. I would trade them both if I got 2 first rounders out of it (this year and next). Otherwise, I wouldn't throw CJ in any trade. You need two RB's in this league. Freddie will eventually hit the wall, and we will need to draft his replacement soon. Stevie I would trade alone for a 3rd or higher.

depends on what in return. For Aaron Rodgers I'm all for it. Honestly don't know what would get for them.

I would also accept Aaron Rodgers.

Wouldn't trade either guy for what they would realistically bring. We will need all the offensive weapons we have and more next year if we are to I prove our record.

what he said!

It makes no sense to trade away two players that couldn't easily be replaced. Stevie is still the leading receiver on the team, and Spiller still scares the heck out of opposing defenses so much that they key on him over FJax.

The Bills need to address the O line, and the defense against the run in the off season! So why waste draft precious draft picks on player types already on the team?

I'd be open to trade both for the right price.

2nd round value for either, I'd do it. I like CJ, but there's no value for RBs, especially ones of his ilk on this offense. And I understand why the Bills would want to move on from Stevie.

Yet, you'd be the first one complaining when CJ blows up on another team.

But seriously, this is a great idea. Let's trade 2 of out best players and hope other guys fill their shoes. I pray Whaley is smarter than this.

How many years did we complain about the front office, saying they were just spinning their wheels, because we would let good players go and then have to replace them while we already had other holes on the team. Now fans want to create new holes by trading some of our best players away? What would this team look like without Freddy, CJ, and Stevie? Oh right, we'll just draft 3 rookies who will out-produce these guys in their first year, no problem right? Do you know how bad a high-ankle sprain can be? It keeps some players out all year, that's what CJ has been running on all year. Stevie will have a whole offseason for he and EJ to get better acclimated, and Freddy is just a beast, injuries or not. We probably have fewer holes to fill this off-season than we've had in 10 years. Let's fill as many as we can, not create new ones.

I'm down with trading both players and drafting players for other needs.

I'm down with let's not make anymore holes on the team. I'd like to see us draft a good WR, but not trade away players who I don't think you'd get great value for.