Schopp, Baseball Cards, and Happy Thoughts

Nix Buddy

Anyone notice how nice Schopp is to the callers on his baseball card hobby show and what a irreverent, hostile antagonist he is most of the time from Monday through Friday. Either he really hates his day job, or he looks at baseball cards and see the cover of Penthouse magazine.

Anyone notice how nice Schopp is to the callers on his baseball card hobby show and what a irreverent, hostile antagonist he is most of the time from Monday through Friday. Either he really hates his day job, or he looks at baseball cards and see the cover of Penthouse magazine.

C'mon, you can't be so nieve man.

Not that hard to understand really... most people (see TSW) are kind of douchey... and they make the same tired points over and over. When is the last time your Roberto Clemente card said something stupid?

"hostile antagonist" is a perfect description. Somebody on twitter called him No Punt Jesus. I liked that one, too..........He doesn't care about football. All he cares about is proving that he's the smartest by quoting analytics, mostly about punts.

Not that hard to understand really... most people (see TSW) are kind of douchey... and they make the same tired points over and over. When is the last time your Roberto Clemente card said something stupid?

It sounded stupid when you hooked it into your bike spokes with a clothespin. And it is no longer a gem mint.

Schopp is an interesting guy.

He doesnt pretend to be a jock or former jock. He admits as much.

Collecting, history, and baseball are his wheelhouse. These things, by orders of his superiors are not to be talked about on WGR during his show, so he is basically not speaking in his comfort zone. The Hobby is a joy to listen to.

The tired format of WGR, rehashing the same subjects over and over, and taking the same idiot callers after idiot callers. How many times can they talk about the Bills' QB situation. Its probably been the main topic on at least 30% of the shows in 2013. I cannot blame him for sounding like an impatient douche towards a lot of the callers. I would too. His sidekick is basically another one of these callers so he doesn't help things along at all. I also think to some degree his superiors encourage him to act this way.

WGR is terrible sports talk radio. I love Bull's show on 1270. It is so refreshing to hear a local sports show cover topics outside the Bills and Sabres. I love the Bills/Sabres, but you just cant cover them with 100% of your content.

Collecting, history, and baseball are his wheelhouse. These things, by orders of his superiors are not to be talked about on WGR during his show, so he is basically not speaking in his comfort zone. The Hobby is a joy to listen to.

The tired format of WGR, rehashing the same subjects over and over, and taking the same idiot callers after idiot callers. How many times can they talk about the Bills' QB situation. Its probably been the main topic on at least 30% of the shows in 2013. I cannot blame him for sounding like an impatient douche towards a lot of the callers. I would too. His sidekick is basically another one of these callers so he doesn't help things along at all. I also think to some degree his superiors encourage him to act this way.

WGR is terrible sports talk radio. I love Bull's show on 1270. It is so refreshing to hear a local sports show cover topics outside the Bills and Sabres. I love the Bills/Sabres, but you just cant cover them with 100% of your content.

I almost feel sorry for them. I would hate their job. They have to always watch sports, always be up to date on latest happenings all across sports. That would get boring. No wonder they always go off on tangents about stupid crap. I mean what can they talk about in Buffalo sports most years April thru July??

I've heard that show a couple times and it is kinda weird. Maybe dude was a nerd card collector growing up instead of one of the guys BSing about footbal?

There is no maybe about it. He will admit as much. He is a stats and collector geek.

I almost feel sorry for them. I would hate their job. They have to always watch sports, always be up to date on latest happenings all across sports.

Bwahahaha - those guys don't feel that they need to keep up on anything but Bills and Sabres - which most guys in Buffalo are doing anyway, and gladly will talk about how much they don't watch basketball - pro or college. They both like baseball, but they rarely talk about it.

I don't listen to Schoops collectors show religiously, but as a collector myself, I do enjoy it when I hear it.