Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?

Jerry Jabber

Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills draft a LT and switch Glenn to LG?

No. Hell No.

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

NO

I never understand the thought process of creating a problem to fix a problem.

The problem is LG.

Don't create a LT problem to fix a LG problem.

Fix the LG problem.

I don't care if Mayock brought up the subject.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather replace Pears at RT.

Glenn is a stud LT. He's been one of the best and most consistent players on this team all year. It should be illegal to put the kind of scrubs we've had next to him playing LG.

Get a LG and RT and watch this line dominate.

OT may be the pick in the first round but to play RT not LT. If you move Glenn to LG it could be disastrous. He may not want to play there. He would know he would not get paid as much if he was tagged as a guard. LT's are not the important position of olden days as there are very few seven step drops. But he is solid and LG, RG, and RT are in more need of an upgrade.

We all know the LG position is a big area of need this offseason as the Bills haven't had good play from that spot all year. Instead of drafting a LG or signing one in free agency, should the Bills switch Glenn to LG and draft a LT in the early rounds of the draft? This is not to say that Glenn hasn't been doing a good job at LT. Earlier in the year on NFLN, Mike Mayock stated that he feels with Glenn's size, that if he made the transition to LG, that he could easily be a probowl guard. Your thoughts?

Over my dead body!!! Glenn is a beast at LT. Here's a bright idea. How about we draft a LG to PLAY LG!!! :wallbash:

The whole clusterfork at LG is because the Bills overplayed their hand and had no Plan B when Levitre left. I would take a guard in late first or the second round. But in the meantime scour the FA list to see how we can upgrade the position.

I must watching a different Bills team than the rest of you. The Cody Glenn I've watched has been average to good but not playing at an elite all-pro level people are suggesting. If a stud LT is available in the draft when the Bills pick AND he looks the part in training camp, I would definitely kick Glenn to LG where he could be dominant instead of average to good.

Why would you move a really good left tackle to guard?!? This is a really bad idea (a little better than Mario for Skelton but one of the worst ideas since). We need to get beyond wht Mayock thought and look at the reality that Glenn is a good left tackle. Draft Richardson in the second round and your line will be fine. If you can get a free agent to play right tackle -great. If not, Pears is ok (he'd be better served as depth).

#1- most importantly, if a stud LT is there at #10 you take him.

#2- Cordy Glenn is not losing his LT spot. i must admit, i always thought moving him to LG might be a possibility, but no more ! dude is a beast and deserves to keep his spot. someone on here posted a short while ago that the folks over at Pro Football Focus who analyze every single play GRADED HIM OUT AS THE THIRD BEST LT in the NFL.

#3- play the rookie at RT and move Pears to LG. that helps give EJ more time & CJ/Freddy more space.

He is nearly a Pro Bowl LT in his second year. It would be the worst move in the last ten years if we moved him out of that spot.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/12/16/refo-bills-jaguars-week-15/

"- Tackle Cordy Glenn surrendered one or fewer combined pressures for the seventh time this season; part of the reason he’s our eight-highest graded left tackle on the season."

I wish I subscribed but I would put money on the guys that are ahead of him aren't playing with a turnstile at LG like Glenn is.

I must watching a different Bills team than the rest of you. The Cody Glenn I've watched has been average to good but not playing at an elite all-pro level people are suggesting. If a stud LT is available in the draft when the Bills pick AND he looks the part in training camp, I would definitely kick Glenn to LG where he could be dominant instead of average to good.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The loss of Levitre still kills me everytime I watch our CJ underachieve and Tennessee's CJ overachieve. I wish this team would start paying the guys that we score on in drafts instead of letting them walk away the second it's time to give them the long term deal. I think the Whaley regime is going to get that straight though. At least I hope.

The loss of Levitre still kills me everytime I watch our CJ underachieve and Tennessee's CJ overachieve. I wish this team would start paying the guys that we score on in drafts instead of letting them walk away the second it's time to give them the long term deal. I think the Whaley regime is going to get that straight though. At least I hope.

What? "Tennessee's CJ" is having the worst year of his career......

Two of the three best players in this draft are OT's. We should get one of them if available. If not I'd go for one of three best OLB's. When you are picking fifth or sixth you have to go for the value player available and most of them will be OT's or linebackers. Bridgewater would be nice, but I think he'll be gone before we pick.

the Bills are at ten right now so where are you getting 5th or 6th from? i dont even know if they can get that high if they lose next two games