Completion % - 55.1

Yds/Game - 195.0

Yds/Attempt - 6.5

Pass TD - 68

Int - 69

Rush TD - 12

Fumbles - 42

Butt Fumbles - 1

Good call. Sanchez has clearly shown he is better than EJ.

The Sanchez Butt Fumble was one of the greatest plays in the history of the NFL. Greatness like that cannot be overstated.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To call Sanchez a bust is not reality. First two years in the league led his teams to

playoff wins. He has got killed by the media in NY for a while.

All he needs is a change of scenery. Let the Bills bring him in and have him compete

against EJ and EJ would be holding a clipboard all year.

105.0 against maybe the worse team in the league in a meaningless game. What are

you thinking.

:blink: ... :huh:... :lol:... :w00t:

Excerpted from another thread and posted here:

Here's a list of the most recent first round QBs and where they were drafted:

Matthew Stafford 1st overall 2009

Mark Sanchez 5th overall 2009

Josh Freeman 17th overall 2009

Sam Bradford 1st overall 2010

Tim Tebow 25th overall 2010

Cam Newton 1st overall 2011

Jake Locker 8th overall 2011

Blaine Gabbert 10th overall 2011

Christian Ponder 12th overall 2011

Andrew Luck 1st overall 2012

RG3 2nd overall 2012

Ryan Tannehill 8th overall 2012

Brandon Weeden 22nd overall 2012

How many of those QBs looked bad/uncomfortable/not like an NFL QB should look (ie, like EJ looks) and then miraculously went on to have a great career? NONE. It doesn't happen.

Face it, QBs these days either look the part and produce right away or they flame out very quickly. We cannot give EJ 3 full seasons to prove himself. If we do we are already at the 2016 season.

Do you know what 2016 looks like? Fred Jackson is retired. KW might be too. Mario is cut as a cap casualty. Spiller, Darues, and McKelvin have left via free agency, and Kiko and Glenn are both holding out for a new contract.

The NFL has changed. No longer do QBs need a 3 year trial run. The college game is more advanced and these QBs can translate to the league much easier. Plus it is so much easier for them to succeed with these new rules.

Look around the league. When was the last time a 1st round QB sat and learned as a rookie? Carson Palmer? That was ten years ago! Luck RG3 Cousins Foles Wilson - all from one draft!! They all looked great in their first 2-3 games. Sure they have some ups and downs but they are all setting records!! Cam Newton, Dalton, Kaepernake - hit the ground running. I mean crap - Cam Newton - a run first college QB, threw for over 900 yards in his first two games!!! 900 yards in two games!!!!!! EJ? Not so much.

How many of those QBs looked bad/uncomfortable/not like an NFL QB should look (ie, like EJ looks) and then miraculously went on to have a great career? ....

I don't know. I didn't watch the first 10 games of those QBs. I know most of their stats weren't as good as EJ's......and they pretty much all had some pretty horrid games in their first 10 starts.

How many of those QBs looked bad/uncomfortable/not like an NFL QB should look (ie, like EJ looks) and then miraculously went on to have a great career? NONE. It doesn't happen.

Face it, QBs these days either look the part and produce right away or they flame out very quickly. We cannot give EJ 3 full seasons to prove himself. If we do we are already at the 2016 season.

Do you know what 2016 looks like? Fred Jackson is retired. KW might be too. Mario is cut as a cap casualty. Spiller, Darues, and McKelvin have left via free agency, and Kiko and Glenn are both holding out for a new contract.

The NFL has changed. No longer do QBs need a 3 year trial run. The college game is more advanced and these QBs can translate to the league much easier. Plus it is so much easier for them to succeed with these new rules.

Look around the league. When was the last time a 1st round QB sat and learned as a rookie? Carson Palmer? That was ten years ago! Luck RG3 Cousins Foles Wilson - all from one draft!! They all looked great in their first 2-3 games. Sure they have some ups and downs but they are all setting records!! Cam Newton, Dalton, Kaepernake - hit the ground running. I mean crap - Cam Newton - a run first college QB, threw for over 900 yards in his first two games!!! 900 yards in two games!!!!!! EJ? Not so much.

Aaron Rodgers. Big Ben, Eli Manning, and Rivers didn't start right away. Rivers actually sat his first 2 years, same as Rodgers.

As for Kaepernick, he didn't play until halfway through his 2nd year on a playoff team.

And I actually dispute that a lot of those guys "looked" better or more comfortable than EJ. RGIII wasn't tearing it up the first half of last season, you might remember the Redskins were 3-5 and then he got on a roll. Nick Foles was so indifferent that the Eagles went back and forth to Vick until injury finally made the decision for them and then Foles started to play pretty well. As for Dalton..... I'm not sure I'd swap EJ for him now given the option and he is in what year 3?

Also how can we know which of those Quarterbacks are going to have a great career?? They're only 3-4 years into their careers. Where are all these Quarterbacks producing right away? Because I think I'm right in saying only one, Joe Flacco, has ever won 2 play-off games in their rookie year. None of these guys younger guys who you think are obviously better than EJ have won a Superbowl yet, a fair number of them have worse rookie year numbers than EJ, although many played on teams with better W-L records. So basically your judgment is just you look at him and don't like what you see, it's got nothing to do with "production".

Start naming the QBs who were great as rookies. I'll help.

http://www.sportingc...t-20-years.aspx

The "have it or you don't" perspective is just not consistant with reality.

As of this moment, EJ has the tenth best rookie QB performance in over 20 years for QBs with over 300 attempts. There is absolutely no evidence, 0, zilch, none that he cannot be a very successful NFL QB. In fact where he appears on this list suggests his odds are not so bad.

IMO, There is no evidence that his rookie campaign to date validates any projection, other than he is among players that have went on to be very good and players whose careers have fizzled. And yes I've seen him play too.

Ha...So you're telling me, EJ, having already broken the Bills rookie TD record, is well on his way to a top-20--may be even top-10--all-time NFL QB performance?

According to 20 years' list, if the season ended today, EJ (without adding in other rookies this year) would be:

QB Rating--10th

Comp. Pct--9th

YPA--18th

YPG--13th

AYA--6th

TD/INT--T8th (ish)

This is called context.

Again, it's pretty clear that most of the people on this board don't have the ability to recognize a good rookie quarterback.

Remember all the "well he's taken his team to the AFC Championship game" talk surrounding Mark Sanchez?

And people here who seriously can't see the difference between EJ Manuel and JP Losman?

No one on this board wants to hear, but EJ was taken as a project. It was said all along he wasn't NFL ready yet, unfortunately Kolb got hurt and forced EJ in early. As has been stated in several posts in this thread, he has actually done pretty well for a rookie that has missed some of TC and 5 games during the season. Just give him time, there are no Andrew Lucks in this upcoming draft, we can see what he does in year two.

Besides, how many of you wanted EJ to start immediately after he was drafted no matter what to give him experience? Well this is what happens when you go that route with a rookie QB, that obviously needs work.

All the QBs that did!nt start and even sat for a year or two learned. Who is

teaching EJ-Jeff Tuel and Thad Lewis or a QB coach who never played the position

and who moonlights as a QB coach while concentrating on his OC job.

One rookie teaching another. Please.

No one on this board wants to hear, but EJ was taken as a project. It was said all along he wasn't NFL ready yet, unfortunately Kolb got hurt and forced EJ in early. As has been stated in several posts in this thread, he has actually done pretty well for a rookie that has missed some of TC and 5 games during the season. Just give him time, there are no Andrew Lucks in this upcoming draft, we can see what he does in year two.

Besides, how many of you wanted EJ to start immediately after he was drafted no matter what to give him experience? Well this is what happens when you go that route with a rookie QB, that obviously needs work.

Why? Any rational person here KNEW that EJ was a raw prospect coming out and I was still for him starting if he actually earned it in OTAs, training camp, and pre-season and by doing so would gain buy-in from the vets. And that's exactly what he went out and did. Kolb's injury notwithstanding, EJ had already won the job.

The simple fact is, you can count on one hand the number of rookie starting QBs that have come into the league as finished products that immediately made an impact. I think the success shown last year by Luck and RG3, along with the totally unexpected ascendancy of Russell Wilson, has spoiled the expectations of fans. And while all three led their teams to the playoffs as rookie starters, all struggled mightily at times as rookies. And while Wilson keeps playing at a high level, Luck and RG3 have had some very bad moments this season.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

Why? Any rational person here KNEW that EJ was a raw prospect coming out and I was still for him starting if he actually earned it in OTAs, training camp, and pre-season and by doing so would gain buy-in from the vets. And that's exactly what he went out and did. Kolb's injury notwithstanding, EJ had already won the job.

The simple fact is, you can count on one hand the number of rookie starting QBs that have come into the league as finished products that immediately made an impact. I think the success shown last year by Luck and RG3, along with the totally unexpected ascendancy of Russell Wilson, has spoiled the expectations of fans. And while all three led their teams to the playoffs as rookie starters, all struggled mightily at times as rookies. And while Wilson keeps playing at a high level, Luck and RG3 have had some very bad moments this season.

GO BILLS!!!

Which, sadly, does not support the oft suggested notion that Manuel will automatically be better next year.

Which, sadly, does not support the oft suggested notion that Manuel will automatically be better next year.

Knowledgeable people understand there is no such thing as automatic in the NFL or any other sports league. Progress, especially for young QBs, is never a linear process. A player either earns his opportunities to perform or not. He either gets off the mat after a bad play, series, or game and responds or not. Manuel has done that.

GO BILLS!!!