For the record -- Manuel's rating today was 105.0

dave mcbride

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just get this one out there cause I know it's coming...

"Yeah, but it was Jacksonville"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For the record, I thought he recovered nicely to score 3 TDs and get the win. Made a lot of nice throws as well.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

For the season, he's at 77.7 -- not good. I'd like to see him end up in the low 80s by the end of the season.

As for today, it was nice to see him rally after a very bad start. That sack fumble was inexcusable though -- he saw it coming and had an opportunity to throw it away. They were in fg position. Still, he had a pretty good game.

Edited by dave mcbride

Recovered from Q1 beautifully……but you cannot spot a good team a quarter like that and hope to win games. I hope that was his bottoming out for the career and he is on to much loftier heights.

Agreed, he was dreadful in the 1st. I don't know how EJ will turn out but I do think he is mentally very strong. I love how well he played against the Jets in the 2nd game after his awful game in the first matchup. After last game & the start today, a lot of young Qbs would have crumbled.

For some reason that escapes me, some folks forget rookies are going to have ups & downs. Especially rookie qb who are running a uptempo offense after missing 2 weeks of his first training camp & a month of the season.

What was most encouraging were those throws to Woods, especially the couple in the middle of the field. That is showing progress.

(I still don't get why us Bills fans though rarely see our QB crack 200 yds, let alone 300.).

I think you just witnessed the emergence of the bills' new no. 1 receiver. I don't think manuel has much faith in stevie anymore after today. I realize stevie was dealing with a tough situation, but he can't keep dropping easy throws and looking unprepared for others.

Edited by dave mcbride

For the season, he's at 77.7 -- not good. I'd like to see him end up in the low 80s by the end of the season.

As for today, it was nice to see him rally after a very bad start. That sack fumble was inexcusable though -- he saw it coming and had an opportunity to throw it away. They were in fg position. Still, he had a pretty good game.

The TB game killed his rating. I'd love to see the rating if you eliminated his best & worst game. I bet it is probably in the 80s.

I think you just witnessed the emergence of the bills' new no. 1 receiver. I don't think manuel has much faith in stevie anymore after today. I realize stevie was dealing with a tough situation, but he can't keep dropping easy throws and looking unprepared for others.

I won't comment on any player dealing with what SJ was dealing with. My heart goes out to him.

And Woods gets #2 treatment because of Stevie. It's a much different situation when you are the #1 wr & teams double you or put their too corner on you. I guarantee all the Wrs will tell you they benefit from Stevie being on the field.

Recovered from Q1 beautifully……but you cannot spot a good team a quarter like that and hope to win games. I hope that was his bottoming out for the career and he is on to much loftier heights.

It was his first 2 drives that did the damage. 0-4-0-1

His stats after the first 2 drives

17-20-193-2-0

85% completion percentage

9.65 yards/attempt

QBR = 146.5

I have noticed EJ is slow getting into a rhythm. I can't remember a single game where he has hit on his first throw of the game. It's almost like he can't get fired up until he is pissed off or something. Anyone else notice how slow he starts a game?