For the record -- Manuel's rating today was 105.0

dave mcbride

For The Record:

The Jacksonville Jaguars threw the game because they knew they were already out of the playoffs and a Win today would have jeopardized their draft spot.

Always cracks me up when people say things like this.

53 guys fighting for jobs and coaching staffs trying to prove themselves = trying to win every game.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In his first career start, he threw 2 tds, 0 ints & left the field with the lead against NE. He helped us score 31 points against Atlanta and was leading 2 game winning drives before fumbles. He helped beAt the defending SB champs.

But all people do is talk about the bad games or try to diminish when he does something good.

He's obviously trying to spin the narrative here. It was a very weak attempt though.

Manuel looked solid after having a really bad 1st quarter. I don't care who you're playing, after that horrible Tampa game and that 1st quarter today, it's impressive that this rookie QB proved he can shake it off, gut it out and have a solid rest of the game. I hope he locks down this position with two more solid performances. I think a big part of Manuel's problem is that he's thinking too much which leads to hesitation and bad passes. When he gets his back against the wall he seems to be able to get in that zone.

And blow their high draft position?

Well yes......referring to your previous illogical statement of....

"The Jacksonville Jaguars threw the game because they knew they were already out of the playoffs and a Win today would have jeopardized their draft spot."

For the record Matt Flynn looks like garbage still....but he is still better right ? I am all for drafting another QB its all about finding the right guy in todays NFL there isn't much of the grooming your young QB mentality anymore because the money tied to the draft pick isn't as high....I say draft a guy and bring in a guy who cares if he beats them out great if he doesn't let him learn and train harder...he is a good QB but not 10 (right now) but more of the 18-25 in the league his weapons are slim and both his RBs and himself had injuries all season...

Always cracks me up when people say things like this.

53 guys fighting for jobs and coaching staffs trying to prove themselves = trying to win every game.

Had the Bills gone into today's game already eliminated from the playoffs like the Jags were, I bet they would have been tempted to lose - for a good draft position. Advantage, Jacksonville.

I would have thought that we would have beaten them much worse. It was said that the Jags O-line had only one guy that started the season with them. I would think that there would have been a lot of miscues. I guess to give credit where it is due, EJ sat at the head of the table when he needed to and led this team to a victory today. My hat is off to him. I hope he can play so well against the Pats. Beating a 4-10 team doesn't earn respect, beating the Pats in NE does.

Had the Bills gone into today's game already eliminated from the playoffs like the Jags were, I bet they would have been tempted to lose - for a good draft position. Advantage, Jacksonville.

Who on the Bills would be tempted to lose? The logic being if they don't get cut in the offseason then they can look forward to getting a rookie one or two spots higher in the draft? Hahaha. Hilarious

Did your best friend who works for the jaguars break the news ? Quit making stuff up. Save your woe is me schtick for losses maybe ?

Jags were eliminated when the 'phins won, same as us. See the front page of CBSsports.com right now for the headline.

kj

You mean how he didn't set them properly and threw off balance?

Lol. People like you make me laugh. Let me guess. Your expertise comes because you played QB in high school. And you could have played for a D1 powerhouse (possibly made it to the NFL) if your coach didn't hate you and just sent your highlight reel to some schools.

In his first career start, he threw 2 tds, 0 ints & left the field with the lead against NE. He helped us score 31 points against Atlanta and was leading 2 game winning drives before fumbles. He helped beAt the defending SB champs.

But all people do is talk about the bad games or try to diminish when he does something good.

Since we lost two of those games, I'm not sure how well this point is made. Wins are really the only thing that matters in the end. Wins are really the only thing QBs are judged on these days.

Reading posts from Bills fans here reminds me of two things:

1. Why this organization hasn't been to the playoffs for 14 seasons.

2. Why I can't recruit fellow Bills fans to post on this board. They read what's here and think it's little kids posting comments.

Not at all. It's just what you are saying makes no sense.

But, if be happy to read your theory on how players and coaches fighting for jobs decide to play/coach poorly on purpose so if they are on the team next year the rookie might be a pick or three higher. Seriously, explain it to us, how it works...

2. Why I can't recruit fellow Bills fans to post on this board. They read what's here and think it's little kids posting comments.

1. This board has nothing to do with the teams success. Nothing.

2. If they post like you thank god.

I'm hoping you're trolling. Did you not see the graphic during the game of how the jags could still clinch if things went right for them?

Did you see that they had won 3 in a row and 4 of 5 before today? Why would they pick now to tank? Why would 53 guys who have no care about the teams draft pick purposely play poorly and jeopardize their career?

Fellow bills fans are posting. None of them agree with you presently. Don't defame tbd'ers because you came to poop on this thread with your weekly negativity.

You don't know the jags threw the game. Period Aren't you boycotting Ralph anyways? #revolution#dontbuyticketsfools

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I'll just get this one out there cause I know it's coming...

"Yeah, but it was Jacksonville"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

For the record, I thought he recovered nicely to score 3 TDs and get the win. Made a lot of nice throws as well.

Give it up bro. Manuel haters are always going to find faults in a rookie QB who is still learning the game.

He is going to have good and bad games. Sometimes mixed play in the same game.

I thought he did some great things, and with experience he'll grow on those.