Interesting comments from Chris Brown

Rubes

When a veteran of the team says that the tipped ball he had that ended up leading to a td didnt matter cuz it was in the beginning of the game, then my friend its time for him to go. Only the elite may be overlooked for something stupid like that, but hes not. Im sick of his BS. I would put money on it that hes shown the door by trade or cut.

That quote has been blown WAY out of proportion. He meant that they didn't lose the game then, and that they (he) had plenty of time to overcome it. He was saying that turnover was no excuse to lose the game.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That quote has been blown WAY out of proportion. He meant that they didn't lose the game then, and that they (he) had plenty of time to overcome it. He was saying that turnover was no excuse to lose the game.

I respect your opinion my is the guy is a cancer and is part of the loser culture we have. I played wide receiver for many years, his hands were all kinds of wrong when the ball hit his hands. **** like that does cost teams games.

maybe our expectations of Stevie is too much. Who ever said he had to be the guy to "lead us to the playoffs"? Why can't he just be a solid WR that has decent to good numbers and a decent to good career. No one ever said he was Calvin Johnson or Jerry Rice.

His contract says otherwise.

And let me be clear in saying what can earn a player a ticket out of here sooner rather than later goes far beyond athletic ability. Work ethic, commitment to team and professionalism are all qualities that are coveted by Marrone and his staff too.

So a player can have plenty of athletic ability, but if they don't immediately "fit in" with this program and by being professional and making a commitment to the team, they just become expendable?? I remember Dick Jauron carried this same philosophy as well, "As long as we all work hard and have a high character, that's all that matters." This statement can't be made in a place like Seattle where Pete Carroll and his staff haven't been afraid to bring in and develop younger players with off-the-field issues who still have a high talent ceiling. It's obviously paid dividends for them. Even Bill Belichick is known to take a few risks now and again on players with character issues. Winning coaches know how to coach talent, not get rid of anyone who immediately does not display a high work ethic.

In Stevie's case, he certainly has made some bad plays this year and you can tell that he's frustrated. But the right coach can get him to play at a high level consistently. You really think Jim Harbaugh couldn't find away to make him successful in San Francisco? Stevie's talent is there. It's definitely a two-way street, but the coach has to take the responsibility if he can't get through to a player. Dumping whatever little talent you have just to send a message isn't going to make this team any better.

Edited by 808Bills

The way this franchise manages the financial side of things, does anyone honestly believe that Marrone has the freedom to shape the roster how he wants?

He can get rid of good players when he can't manage them, get rid of bad players and pick up bad players at will. What more could he want?

You should keep in mind those are Chris Browns words not Marrone's, but you won't.

I've listened to more than enough Marrone pressers and interviews to know he never says anything different. Never anything insightful about strategy or what he expects from opponents. Nothing but cliched NFL buzzwords and authoritarian smothering about everyone working as hard as him.

If he's the same way with the players, and I suspect he is listening to some of them lately, they have to be tuning Marrone out by now.

easy. The "cut Stevie no matter what" crowd would disagree. And there's no chance of changing any opinions.

I played wide receiver for many years, his hands were all kinds of wrong when the ball hit his hands.

this is the all time greatest post I have ever read.... Hands down!!!

You've got to be kidding me.

Maybe not, but I know where it shakes out among Bills receivers.

either way, he's our best WR so your point is invalid. Edited by mrags

Man the more i read the more annoyed i get about Marrone.

That chris brown article really pisses me off.

What can earn a player a ticket out of here quicker blah blah blah. As if Marrone has 3 super bowl titles under his belt and its his way or the highway. As if Marrone is Vince !@#$ing Lombardi with a proven system of winning football games in place.

Marrone: youre a nobody in the NFL. You inherited a team with some decent talent and are on pace to win 5 games this season. To make matters worse, it appears that this team is actually REGRESSING as the season goes further. That to me is more on the coach, than the players. Because that POS display of football we all witnessed the last two weeks is an embarrassment to the fans. Its a sign that players are giving up on Marrone and the **** hes selling.

Lets just get rid of all the talent bc they make Marrone's job harder. We dont want talented players rocking the boat. Players like Hogan are a coAches dream: they know they have no place in the nfl, yet some dummy like Marrone gives them a roster spot. Of course hogan will go to war with Marrone.

Its more impressive when a coach can motivate talented players than some scrub off the street whos just lucky to even be in the nfl. Do that Marrone. MotivAte and COACH the talent you already have.

Edited by bobobonators

easy. The "cut Stevie no matter what" crowd would disagree. And there's no chance of changing any opinions.

either way, he's our best WR so your point is invalid.

Is he our best WR?

This draft was conducted by Marrone and Whaley, and it's one of the best drafts the Bills have had in a very long time.

Kiko was a "bad character" guy coming out of college, and they picked him second, and he's been (literally) an all star.

So, for people to assume that they're going to cut the talent and bring in "high character" guys is not only based on nothing, it actually runs counter to what the team has done so far under this coach/gm.

I think there are guys on this team that we just assume are good, because we know their names, and they were the "best of the worst" for the past 4 years.

Spiller, Stevie, Fred Jackson, Chandler.

Good. Riddance.

I'd be happy if Spiller never played another down for the Bills--EJ Manuel is not the problem with the offense. CJ "im too scared to run between the tackles" Spiller is the reason that no one fears our ground game.

3 yards and a cloud of dust, combined with EJ's ability to avoid turnovers, and a defense that can get off the field (when the field isn't 30 yards long, like it has been all season), in Buffalo winters, is all this team needs to win the division next year.

Man the more i read the more annoyed i get about Marrone.

That chris brown article really pisses me off.

What can earn a player a ticket out of here quicker blah blah blah. As if Marrone has 3 super bowl titles under his belt and its his way or the highway. As if Marrone is Vince !@#$ing Lombardi with a proven system of winning football games in place.

Marrone: youre a nobody in the NFL. You inherited a team with some decent talent and are on pace to win 5 games this season. To make matters worse, it appears that this team is actually REGRESSING as the season goes further. That to me is more on the coach, than the players. Because that POS display of football we all witnessed the last two weeks is an embarrassment to the fans. Its a sign that players are giving up on Marrone and the **** hes selling.

Lets just get rid of all the talent bc they make Marrone's job harder. We dont want talented players rocking the boat. Players like Hogan are a coAches dream: they know they have no place in the nfl, yet some dummy like Marrone gives them a roster spot. Of course hogan will go to war with Marrone.

Its more impressive when a coach can motivate talented players than some scrub off the street whos just lucky to even be in the nfl. Do that Marrone. MotivAte and COACH the talent you already have.

lol.

4 wins, 6 wins, 6 wins the last 3 years.

where's the talent?

just because you watch 16 bills games a year and know the team front to back, doesn't mean theyre talented.

it just means you know their names.

And how are they "regressing". That game against Atlanta was a great football game, the Bills played their asses off, the ball just didn't bounce their way. The Tampa game sucked, yes, but for a team loaded with young players, and a rookie QB, theyre allowed to lose and lose ugly--especially on the road.

There is just way too much over reaction by the Bills fanbase following that loss. The season really was "over" when EJ took that hit in Cleveland. The wheels came off during that month when EJ was gone. Hopefully next year is different, but we're going to need some better talent at running back for that to happen. EJ might have s*cked last week against Tampa throwing the ball, but he was also our leading rusher with 29 yards, so... bye bye Spiller.

Edited by JohnnyGold

This draft was conducted by Marrone and Whaley, and it's one of the best drafts the Bills have had in a very long time.

Kiko was a "bad character" guy coming out of college, and they picked him second, and he's been (literally) an all star.

So, for people to assume that they're going to cut the talent and bring in "high character" guys is not only based on nothing, it actually runs counter to what the team has done so far under this coach/gm.

I think there are guys on this team that we just assume are good, because we know their names, and they were the "best of the worst" for the past 4 years.

Spiller, Stevie, Fred Jackson, Chandler.

Good. Riddance.

I'd be happy if Spiller never played another down for the Bills--EJ Manuel is not the problem with the offense. CJ "im too scared to run between the tackles" Spiller is the reason that no one fears our ground game.

3 yards and a cloud of dust, combined with EJ's ability to avoid turnovers, and a defense that can get off the field (when the field isn't 30 yards long, like it has been all season), in Buffalo winters, is all this team needs to win the division next year.

lol.

4 wins, 6 wins, 6 wins the last 3 years.

where's the talent?

just because you watch 16 bills games a year and know the team front to back, doesn't mean theyre talented.

it just means you know their names.

So, if another's team offered a Ditka-type trade for Spiller would you take it?

Is he our best WR?

I don't really know what to say if you don't think he is. But here's the proof. Most receptions, most yards, most TDs. And he's been injured.

http://www.buffalobills.com/team/team-statistics.html

Oh, and he's been the best receiver we've had in years. He's also the only WR to have back to back to back 1,000 yard seasons. A title that Andre Reed, Hames Lofton, Or anyone else can't claim. Just sayin.

either way, he's our best WR so your point is invalid.

to the quote at the top, go back and look where his hands were. Good receivers dont do what he did.

to the quote at the top, go back and look where his hands were. Good receivers dont do what he did.

before I say something stupid and get myself banned permanently from this site, I'm officially done with this conversation. Enjoy your opinions.

I won't comment on the guys on this team that we can only speculate on but there will be some surprises this offseason IMO.

I will comment in Rogers though. One of the preseason games I was sitting with a fan that said his friend was the one that cut all their hair (maybe all those crazy cuts they all had in camp) and said that Rogers acted as if he didn't care and had the general attitude that not only Buffalo wouldn't be his last stop but he got the feeling that Rogers felt he was bigger than this team and he was looking forward to an opportunity elsewhere. He also said Rogers was high as a kite.

Now, all this information could be false but this guy seemed to know a but of inside information. Either way, his information was somewhat confirmed when Rogers was cut. He had a better camp than others yet felt the hammer when most thought he would stay a while.

Well...Time will tell if the Rogers decision was a good one or not...But it's certainly not looking great at this moment...And IMHO neither is Marrone...We'll see in time...But I'm starting to get a negative vibe about Marrone...I have not been crazy about a lot of his interview answers on WGR...He seems a little nuts at times...But not crazy like a fox nuts...Just off-beat and weird nuts...I'm hoping for the best though...But I am admittedly worried that we have another dud on our hands... B-)

I've listened to more than enough Marrone pressers and interviews to know he never says anything different. Never anything insightful about strategy or what he expects from opponents. Nothing but cliched NFL buzzwords and authoritarian smothering about everyone working as hard as him.

If he's the same way with the players, and I suspect he is listening to some of them lately, they have to be tuning Marrone out by now.

the thing that should concern us is whether his methods are working. this team plays undisciplined football. they make mistakes, which means they either lack focus to apply what they're learning, or they aren't learning. and if they aren't learning, is it on the players or the coaches? from our seats, it's tough to tell, but they seem to be regressing. hopefully, they'll be crisp today.