Anyone else feeling like they just don't care?

xsoldier54

I was at the Bucs game as well.. 8 rows behind the Bills bench and these were the highlights

1. Freddy showing legit heart trying to fire people up during most of the first half.

2. Pettine turned around to face crowd for a good 15 seconds during a stoppage in play, looking completely beaten

3. Marrone and my friend was adamant about this.. did not talk to a single player for almost an quarter in the 2nd half.. just pacing around staring at his shoes.

4. A bills fan, who had enough beer and enough of the losing.. really got into it with Brooks... Brooks had to be calmed down by teammates and we were a section over so I couldn't hear what it was about

5. Met some great fans in the section and around the tampa area for the weekend

Go Bills

I was also at the Tampa game right behind the bills bench! Thank God for the great weather otherwise I would have left that game even more disapointed than I already was. Brooks was Getting real fired up at that fan!! That just showed me the overall frustration from both fans and players. That was the worst game I have ever attended as far as the play on the field goes.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to get upset. I don't anymore. This group of coaches and players will not win. They are going to have to make a big splash in the draft and in free agency this spring/summer to generate some buzz. Right now, I attempt to watch the game with my son (food, beers, nap is the usual order of things). But we really don't care at this point.

This might be an interesting topic for someone to start: What realistic moves must the team make to get people excited for next year? Can't say "fire all the coaches and hire so and so" because it isn't going to happen. Can't say "Have Ralph sell the team to so and so" because it isn't going to happen. That's what I mean be realistic moves. Personally, I would be happy if they actually get some players that seem like they might be good choices for some positions with critical needs (TE, OL, etc.). And maybe even pick up somebody for a QB competition as well. And maybe get new OC and ST coaches.

I was also at the Tampa game right behind the bills bench! Thank God for the great weather otherwise I would have left that game even more disapointed than I already was. Brooks was Getting real fired up at that fan!! That just showed me the overall frustration from both fans and players. That was the worst game I have ever attended as far as the play on the field goes.

There was actual interaction? That is odd. I think they are told to tune out and never react to the stands.

I used to get upset. I don't anymore. This group of coaches and players will not win. They are going to have to make a big splash in the draft and in free agency this spring/summer to generate some buzz. Right now, I attempt to watch the game with my son (food, beers, nap is the usual order of things). But we really don't care at this point.

This might be an interesting topic for someone to start: What realistic moves must the team make to get people excited for next year? Can't say "fire all the coaches and hire so and so" because it isn't going to happen. Can't say "Have Ralph sell the team to so and so" because it isn't going to happen. That's what I mean be realistic moves. Personally, I would be happy if they actually get some players that seem like they might be good choices for some positions with critical needs (TE, OL, etc.). And maybe even pick up somebody for a QB competition as well. And maybe get new OC and ST coaches.

If by realistic you mean changes that would make a lasting positive impact on the ability of the team to win a reasonable number of their games each season, you have eliminated the majority of needed moves by your "Can't say" parameters.

If by realistic you mean changes that would make a lasting positive impact on the ability of the team to win a reasonable number of their games each season, you have eliminated the majority of needed moves by your "Can't say" parameters.

By realistic I mean something that might actually happen. I agree that the "can't say" parameters are likely needed to turn the team into a playoff winner, but in reality they are very unlikely to happen. Are there some things that you believe that the team might actually do that would make you optimistic that they may be significantly less awful next year? I'm not setting the bar high, just "less awful" is all I believe I can expect.

I have not read the other 67 comments on this thread, but the lst one told it like it is, and what is worse is

what if the players don!t care either. What if they want to protect their bodies and their contracts in these

meaningless games

A lot of people have said the team has improved this year, and is on the upswing.

Who once said, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people some of the time.

I have not read the other 67 comments on this thread, but the lst one told it like it is, and what is worse is

what if the players don!t care either. What if they want to protect their bodies and their contracts in these

meaningless games

A lot of people have said the team has improved this year, and is on the upswing.

Who once said, you can fool some of the people all of the time, but not all of the people some of the time.

I am a you-are-what-your-record-is type of person and it was funny to see the posts saying what teams we were better than. At this point, I wouldn't blame them to lose out for a shutdown DB or Johnny football.

This team has sucked the life out of me. The Atlanta game was the nail in the coffin. I am not amongst the "what did you expect from a rookie coach, O.C. and qb crowd". It's inexcusable that parity is in full effect and we can't even take a serious run at a wildcard spot. Hell, we can't even take a run out of the basement of the AFCE. Should Kansas City or Philadelphia have expected anything this season? The biggest problem that I have right now is I believe that Marrone is not capable of leading this team to success. I would fire him after the season and start over immediately. Why waste two more years? When rebuilding, you have to set your sights high. The goal should be to become better than the Patriots. One Bills drive hasn't made that commitment in 14 years.

I think that some of the refs may not even care anymore.

Since I went to the game on Sunday, I DVR'd it so I could watch it later, which I did last night. I have long felt that the refs are very generous with their spots of the ball, and tend to always give a little more than is actually deserved on their "forward motion" point determinations. Well, here we have the opposite, but maybe it happened just because it's the Buffalo Bills. LOL

In Sunday's game, on the Bills' second drive, after a Jags' punt went out of bounds, the ball is spotted at the 43 yard line. On 1st & 10, with 12:00 on the clock, EJ throws an incomplete pass to Stevie J. in the left flat (throw was too high, over Stevie's head). So it should be 2nd & 10 at the 43, however, the ball is spotted TWO YARDS BACK, at the 45! WTF!? No one noticed, not even the broadcast crew. How does that happen? It was an incomplete pass! LOL

In the big picture, it didn't really matter, but it's unreal how the Refs continuously get things wrong

One more example from this game. Late in the game (around 4:45 left), when the Jags were driving for the tying TD, they completed a pass to Harbor down near the goal line, and the ball was spotted at the 1. The replay clearly shows that after Harbor caught it, he went to the ground, and was touched by Searcy at the 2. Again, not a big deal seeing how it turned out (Henne throwing that horrible pass which was picked), but one yard down near the goal line certainly often is a big deal.

Bottom line, as most everyone realizes, the Refs Suck, Big time.