EJ Manuel IS our franchise QB

HSerotte

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who still believes in him? I believe that next year he will take a huge step forward and we will be in playoff contention. He has the body, leadership, mind, legs and arm to be a great QB. Somewhere along the line at FSU, someone seriously messed up his throwing mechanics. It affects his accuracy, and everyone can see it. But WHEN, not IF, he figures it out, this Bills team is going to be good. Its hard to see now but bright things are ahead, put trust into Marrone, Manuel and Whaley.

Yes he definitely has all you said but the 3 most important things you need to be a above average NFL caliber QB is accuracy, consistency & decision making which is where EJ has lacked in his college & now his NFL career .

I hope he does make that jump next year but i still think we need to draft another QB this year b/c the class is heads & tails above last years class & if for no other reason than to put a spark under EJ's A** to compete at the highest level then we need to draft another QB !!

Plus it would be smart as a security blanket JUST INCASE EJ isn't all they thought he would be & turns out to be another Jamarcus Russel & never comes around . Smart teams has 2 good QB's look at what the Bears have with their #2 McCown thats what we need !!!

While I agree with OP's sentiment, he should be reminded that E.J. Manuel did not "miss the entire pre-season".

The way I look at it, let the kid play these last three weeks. He had a rough day on Sunday, as did the entire team. Don't forget, he played a great game against a good Jets defense, and made positive plays that helped to beat quality opponents in Baltimore and Carolina. He was in the midst of a good game against Cleavland before missing 4 games..he has had series of stops and starts. I agree, he has some improvement to make, but I also don't think he is as hopelessly horrible as this board, in general, wants to paint him. Most of us knew what we were in for this season with a first round QB pick...we were excited for it...bring it on we said....so here it is, let it happen, see where it goes.

He didn't pass the eye test in college and still doesn't. The only eye test he passed was that of Bills' great talent evaluators

The same great talent evaluators who drafted WRs most people are still high on, and our 2nd round rookie of the year LB candidate.

Anyway, about this eye test. So, he needs glasses? Or you're making stuff up?

Other causes for concern: EJ also didn't pass the fluffernutter test, and he graded out poorly in the nose competition. Don't even look at his slinky results.

I don't think EJ's a bust. He has played very well at times and not so great in others. You know, like a rookie. Give him more time. However I would like to see us sign a FA backup. If we can't do that, draft a QB in round 3 or so and re sign Thaddues. Maybe Jordon Lynch out of NIU.

I like EJ, but I don't want to put all of our eggs in his basket. But I do want to put most of them there.

I don't think the rookie QB is a bust.

However, I do think the rookie OC IS a bust, and so is this HC should the Bills stay with the same type of game plan, play calling the next few weeks and then retain him in the off season.

Will they then hire a QB coach to help him out. You know, kinda like the Bills did with DC George Edwards his second year with Buffalo.

I wanted Doug Marrone to be what Gailey, Jauron weren't, a good head coach. I just don't see it tho.

Generally QBs who can't throw don't just all of a sudden become good throwers

Bingo. I am not sold on EJ Manuel. But these are early days. We need to burn another couple 8-9 loss seasons before we can tell. Boy , you really need a QB in this league now. A good running game is very helpful, but you can't win with a good run game and a good defense. You need to put points up. Lots of points. That is today's NFL. If we are top 5 drafting, I would take another QB. Or go get Cutler. Do something. I can't watch EJ Manuel spend the next 2 seasons growing up. Too much pain.

Edited by 8and8Forever

Doug Marrone, ex NFL O lineman, ex NFL O line coach, ex NFL OC, and now should be ex NFL HC!

I agree. Coach Marrone appears to be in over his head. 12 games in with the new coach the team should be starting to hit it's stride. Instead it's getting worse. Now it appears he is losing the locker room as well. Players are airing dirty laundry and throwing each other under the bus.

Cut our losses and end the small college .500 coach experiment and get a real coach.

It never helps when your coach is verbally challenged man who leads with "I think", "at the end of the day", "You know", "Ok?", "I'm upset" & my favorite "I've been thru this before".

I remember in his first press conference when they announced him as the new coach of the Buffalo Bills thinking, this guy can ramble on and talk for hours and say nothing.

Generally QBs who can't throw don't just all of a sudden become good throwers

Except he can throw. I've seen him throw beautiful balls with accuracy when he's standing back in the pocket with confidence. A lot of the problems with his footwork come when he feels rushed whether imagined or real. When this happens he rushes through his throwing motion and his footwork goes to hell. At some point he'll start to get it and things will slow down for him. It will be at that point the Bills will know what they've got. Unfortunately for impatient fans the only way to get to that point is the play. The Bills would be idiotic to move on from him before they get to that point.