Don't waste the talent that is on this team

Nothing has changed from over a decade ago to today. The talent IS on this team and unfortunately, QB is not one of those positions that has it. Let's face it, this outcome yesterday was etched in stone the moment that field goal went through in Toronto. This team packed it in after the Atlanta loss and you know what, I am not sure who to point the finger at for that. I don't think any coach was going to get this team out of the funk that lingered. Marrone even stated that he was very interested to see how the team responded this week. Well, he saw what most of us knew was going to happen.

The bottom line is that this team has zero confidence with EJ at the helm and I can't blame them for that. I am not one to say cut EJ flat out but there is no way in Hell that Buffalo should not be drafting a QB in round 1 or 2 next year. You then try and bring in someone like Cutler and he competes with EJ and new draft pick. This team has way too much talent to spin their wheels on QB any longer. Nobody will care if it might look like you made a mistake drafting EJ, fix it and increase your odds of finding the right guy. If it turns out to be EJ September of next year, GREAT, but I have barely seeing ANYTHING from this kid to make me think he is remotely close to the answer.

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

I don't even know what the problem is anymore. I saw so many bad breaks yesterday and poor focus it was unbelievable. More than anything it comes down to how bad do the players want it? Is losing so etched into our building that we can't overcome it?

Yesterday was the classic same old Bills. They had an opportunity to beat a team on the road they should beat and they laid an egg. I don't know if its coaching, ownership, or the players. But everyone should be looking in the mirror tonight and saying to themselves "What can I do to make this organization better?"

I don't know if its coaching, ownership, or the players.

The Buffalo Bills bad performance/bad record is due to:

The inferior/inexpensive college level team coaching staff.

The profits focused front office.

The profits focused team owner.

The fans who continue to BLINDLY financially support and buy an inferior product.

We will never see or know how good the team players really are.

Edited by PearlHowardman

I don't even know what the problem is anymore. I saw so many bad breaks yesterday and poor focus it was unbelievable. More than anything it comes down to how bad do the players want it? Is losing so etched into our building that we can't overcome it?

Yesterday was the classic same old Bills. They had an opportunity to beat a team on the road they should beat and they laid an egg. I don't know if its coaching, ownership, or the players. But everyone should be looking in the mirror tonight and saying to themselves "What can I do to make this organization better?"

I may be way off base here but that offense line played like they didn't care if EJ was standing or lying down at the end of the play. This coaching staff HAS to have a QB that they can open up the playbook for and one that can actually throw the ball around the field. I would rather see 300 yard games and 4 interceptions every week than this weak, pussyfooted, inaccurate pass game that will never get wins in todays NFL. Between the lack of QB talent on the Bills and the lack of Center talent on the Sabres, I have to wonder if ANYONE in this city has a clue how to win in THE NFL and NHL....

I also don't think I have ever seen an offensive line look worse in a game.

You obviously did not watch Green Bay versus Detroit on Thanksgiving or any Arizona Cardinal game last year, particularly the game against us when a four man pass rush looked like a jail break blitz every snap

I have seen E.J played for four years prior to this year and when the Bills drafted him, I was like here we go again. We should see what we have with Tuel and Lewis. I wish we would've drafted Landry Jones.

You know, every person who I have talked to that followed EJ in college has said the same thing - and here we have a professional scouting staff that does not have a freaking clue when it comes to QB talent.....

The Bills can draft another QB high, and have that guy flail and fail behind our crummy offensive line. Or they can fix the offensive line and see what Manuel can really do.

I think the theory is that the only places on the O-line where talent matters is left tackle and center. I guess we found out that's not really true, after our two best guards left in free agency and our decent O-line last year turned into this year's disaster. Also of course we lost Hairston. But Pears and the two guards are not good enough to open holes for the excellent runners or to give any QB time to pass.

The Buffalo Bills' problem is not the team players.

The Buffalo Bills' problem is the incompetent team coaching staff and incompetent team front office and incompetent team owner.

The Buffalo Bills bad performance/bad record is due to:

The inferior/inexpensive college level team coaching staff.

The profits focused front office.

The profits focused team owner.

The fans who continue to BLINDLY financially support and buy an inferior product.

We will never see or know how good the team players really are.

Inferior college level coaches = inferior NFL team.

Dude, you're crusading with the same 3 statements in multiple threads...we get it.

Whether or not EJ is a franchise QB they still need to draft one with the first pick and keep doing it until they actually find one. With that said, Marrone and his staff should really go back to college, he isn't qualified and is Dick Jauron 2.0 but with more talent on the team and less coaching ability.

Heck bring in Jason Campbell all the guy does is play ball & is way better than any one we have had here in a while !!

We could go back to the old ways keep him around for a couple of years to win some games & teach the young guy while he sits on the side line watching how it suppose to be done ...

EJ although a good guy is not the answer a rookie should show a lot more even in a lose than what he has collectively to this point & i for one don't see it !!

Whether or not EJ is a franchise QB they still need to draft one with the first pick and keep doing it until they actually find one. With that said, Marrone and his staff should really go back to college, he isn't qualified and is Dick Jauron 2.0 but with more talent on the team and less coaching ability.

I would have liked to see what Gailey could have done with this kind of talent added to his O & Pettine as D coach !

I think Fitz may have been able to get us closer to the playoffs than what we are now & we would have had his services while paying him rather than not having him & having to pay him any way !!