Single Play to define the Bills Franchise

Coach55

The ever mobile Chad Pennington on 4th down, ahhhh yes. :lol:

I remember that one like it was yesterday....my brother and I were sitting on that side of Giants stadium and had a perfect view.

But I have to say, as much as that play and the Lonnie Johnson fake punt are worthy candidates, I don't see how anything could surpass the Mark Ingram play shown above.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a glass half-full type of fan so I have to go with Steve Christie's game-winning FG kick in overtime against the Oilers in 1993 that completed the greatest comeback of all-time. Don Beebe chasing down Leon Lett in Super Bowl XVII is a close second. Those two plays define this franchise as a team that never gives up, no matter what the score is. Someday this team will live up to that "resilient" moniker again.

No one play can define a franchise. Maybe you can do one per era.

1960s: Stratton hit on Lincoln

1970s: ?

1980s: Fouts to Ron Smith with 2:00 left in 1981 playoff game beats Super Bowl hopeful Bills.

1990s: Norwood wide right.

2000s: "Music City Miracle"

2010s: ?

Wide right for me

The game against Atlanta is a pretty good microcosm for more recent times. Potentially losing a game twice in a period of ten minutes is shocking until you remember that it is the Bills.

I love them but they are not a team for weak hearts.

:worthy::lol:

It is tough.

Its like 3 different teams.

You have the "class" of the AFL in the last years before the merger, and you have the Jim Kelly/Polian years

Other than that, this Franchise has won 1 playoff game in its history.

so Thigpen getting hit in head is my choice

Would that be the music city mirage?