Chandler not at media portion of practice today

goynahan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wait trade deadline has passed. cut?

I literally hold my breath everytime a ball is thrown his way because it seems he's good for a drop/fumble quite frequently. He makes alot of great plays and has shown good hands and the ability to get open but he might be more unreliable than stevie in a big moment.

Edited by goynahan

Per Chris Brown's tweet. Traded? Cut?

certainly not traded, as its well past the deadline.

cutting him a month early would seem silly - may as well let him count in our comp pick equation as an expiring contract and i doubt were going with gragg and smith as our TEs this week.

im going with "tending to other business or treatment" as my own throwing things at the wall guess.

Edited by NoSaint

Oh wait trade deadline has passed. cut?

I literally hold my breath everytime a ball is thrown his way because it seems he's good for a drop/fumble quite frequently. He makes alot of great plays and has shown good hands and the ability to get open but he might be more unreliable than stevie in a big moment.

chandler definitely seems to be have a sub-par year. he has lot a lot of really bad drops this year and hasn't come close to making the plays he has in the past. he's never been a fast guy or a strong blocker, but he has that huge reach and has, in the past, had really good hands. seems like a good guy, good teammate, good player. i hope he can get his head right, because i thinik that he is a valuable player to this team when he is right.

just some extra info I meant to post earlier. good ol' scotty has 4 fumbles in 123 career catches. Here's some other TE #s

A Gates - 5 fumbles in 706 career catches

J Witten - 5 fumbles in 860 career catches

T Gonzalez - 6 fumbles in 1304 career catches

B Celek - 1 fumble in 303 career catches

not at all saying he's in their league, but holding onto the ball is holding on the ball and the dude has a serious problem with it

Edited by goynahan

Chandler is typically the biggest guy on the field. But he certainly doesn't play up to his size. He should be swatting these 190 pound corners off of him like flies. I've seen enough, I'm ready for the Bills to get a more athletic tight end or take a chance on a former basketball player like the Chargers did with Antonio Gates

Yes Chandler is having a subpar season, and I think the biggest problem with that is how the Bills have used him this season.

Whose idea was it to have Chandler roll out to be a check down option? That has been one of the worst plays the Bills have run all season.

Chandler is much better in the open field, and he can get first downs. I know he has had fumble issues, that is no excuse for not using your Tight End correctly.