Chandler not at media portion of practice today

goynahan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Chandler argument is quite similar to that of SJ.

The state of the league atm is that there are quite few consistently good-very good TEs or WRs.

Compared to the average starting TE, Chandler is likely right amongst the pack......as would SJ be with #1 WRs. Most starters at their positions have flaws. Good at one thing, bad at another.....inconsistent.....streaky in performance.....great when things are going well but horrible when they aren't.....play poorly when most needed.....injury prone......etc, etc, etc.

IMO both Chandler and SJ are assets to the Bills because it is obviously difficult to find players that play to the level above where SC & SJ are.

Edited by Dibs

So even though his performance is on par with his best yet, and is statistically better than half the starting TEs in the league, we're not satisfied because he should be doing better?

Not that I'm totally arguing that -- I do think a ruthless review of the roster needs to identify guys who are just "good". I'm just not sure I would qualify his year as "sub-par".

I think his best is not in the top 16. That makes it below average for a starting TE.

I still think he has value in the league, but I don't think having his best statistical season equates to having a genuinely good season for a #1 TE.

Don't count that as bashing or hate though - just a role player in a spot that would be great to have a cornerstone player (not just TE, but more broadly the role of our best big physical pass catcher).

I think the Chandler argument is quite similar to that of SJ.

The state of the league atm is that there are quite few consistently good-very good TEs or WRs.

Compared to the average starting TE, Chandler is likely right amongst the pack......as would SJ be with #1 WRs. Most starters at their positions have flaws. Good at one thing, bad at another.....inconsistent.....streaky in performance.....great when things are going well but horrible when they aren't.....play poorly when most needed.....injury prone......etc, etc, etc.

IMO both Chandler and SJ are assets to the Bills because it is obviously difficult to find players that play to the level above where SC & SJ are.

I think much like fitz, both are lower third in the position we've asked them to fill. Unlike qb though, you can use 2 TEs or 2-3 WRs on the field almost any single play so bumping them from our top slot leaves them in a great spot to contribute heavily day to day still