Official Pre-Game Thread: Week 12, Bye Week at Bills

Dan

Week 12: Bye Week at Buffalo Bills

Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 1:00pm

TV Network: Pick your game (TV Map)

Announcers:  Various mouths 

DirecTV: 703 (Red Zone)

Bills Radio:

It's the bye week, don't listen to bad sports radio.

Sirius: 19

=================================================================

Week 12 Preview:

Week 12 in the NFL. The last bye week of the season. The final set of games before Thanksgiving, and the official start of the home stretch. 

X-Factor: As for the Jets playoff chances, if they lose on Sunday, they’ll still be in the running. Basically, the entire conference still is.  But if they somehow beat the Ravens, then New York will be in a great position to steal the final AFC playoff spot.

Continue Reading the Alphabet Preview...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Beginning of the Great Bills Teams

Jill of the Week: Dana

20 Pictures that prove you have a dirty mind.

(For full poem text and history...  Sir Andrew Barton.)

Current NFL Standings:

AFC EAST Team     W     L     T     Pct          NFC EAST Team     W     L     T     Pct 

New England            7      3     0    .700          Philadelphia             6      5     0    .545 

New York                  5      5     0    .500          Dallas                       5      5     0    .500

Miami                        5      5     0    .500          New York                 4      6     0    .400

Buffalo                      4      7     0    .364          Washington              3      7     0    .300  

AFC WEST Team    W     L     T     Pct          NFC WEST Team    W     L     T     Pct 

Denver                      9      1     0    .900          Seattle                    10     1     0    .909 

Kansas City              9      1     0    .900          San Francisco          6      4     0    .600 

Oakland                    4      6     0    .400          Arizona                    6      4     0    .600

San Diego                4      6     0     .400          St. Louis                  4      6     0    .400

AFC NORTH Team  W     L     T     Pct         NFC NORTH Team  W     L     T     Pct 

Cincinnati                  7      4     0    .636         Detroit                       6     4      0    .600 

Pittsburgh                  4      6     0    .400         Chicago                    6     4      0    .600 

Baltimore                   4      6     0    .400         Green Bay                5     5      0    .500 

Cleveland                  4      6     0    .400         Minnesota                 2     8      0    .200 

AFC SOUTH Team  W     L     T     Pct          NFC SOUTH Team  W     L     T     Pct

Indianapolis               7      3     0    .700         New Orleans             9     2      0    .818 

Tennessee                4      6     0    .400          Carolina                    7     3      0    .700 

Houston                     2      8     0    .200         Tampa Bay               2     8      0    .200 

Jacksonville               1      9     0    .100         Atlanta                      2     9      0    .182 

Source: The Score

Somewhere Awesome to Visit:

Bryce Canyon is a wondrous display of colorful rock pinnacles and spires (known as hoodoos) among a series of natural amphitheaters. The views from the rims of the amphitheaters are breath taking – exhibits of the work of millions of years of wind and water, which broke down the limestone of the Claron formation to transform it into hoodoos of every hue, size and shape.

I went to Bryce, and a few of the surrounding National Parks, this summer for vacation and it was simply amazing.  I highly recommend it for everyone.  

The Pro Bowl:

It's time to vote for the best players, regardless of conference. The NFL's top two vote-getters on offense and defense become team captains for Deion Sanders' team and Jerry Rice's team. In a fantasy draft style setting, the captains pick from the voted all-stars to form the teams. And when the stars are realigned, it's teammate versus teammate in the new Pro Bowl: Unconferenced.

So with a little extra time this weekend, make sure you Vote for the Pro Bowl.

Get one perspective on who should go, here. WalterFootball.com

My Take on the Day:

Well, here we are... riding the magic of a 1 game win streak into the bye week.  Its a wondrous thing we call the Bills.  For as much as we get our hearts ripped out week after week, year after year, it hurts most when other teams get to play football and our guys are sitting at home. If for no other reason, the bye week sucks.  

Still, it's a good time to rest and reflect.  Hence, that's what I'll be doing, maybe watching a little football - at the very least sneaking in a few scores.  But, mostly, I'll spend the day trying to enjoy the Exploratorium, a passing autumn day, the sights and sounds of a busy city street and those with me.  All the while, keeping in mind that the Bills are a young team; hoping they can build off last week's win.  

The Bills are in a decent spot.  Not for a playoff run. My delusional days are long since past. But, for a young, growing team they appear to have a solid foundation. Can Marrone turn this ship around and make us credible? You bet he can.  Will EJ continue learning, gaining confidence and become the franchise QB we haven't seen since 1996? I certainly don't know why he can't!  Will Kiko break rookie records on his way to becoming DORY? In a word... you damn right.  These are the thoughts that will keep me entertained this bye week.

And in the meantime, may the Dolphins, Jets, and Patriots lose... heck every AFC team loses this week, in my perfect world.  So, happy bye week fellow Bills' fans.  I look forward to the Falcons, but for a day, let's enjoy the defeat of every AFC team while we get to enjoy a day that's productive, restful, and hopefully enjoyable.

Go Bills!!

Very nice Dan! Thank You.

Couple of things

1) some of those pictures took me a while...that was interesting

2) I have never been to Bryce, daughter went this past summer and still talks about it.

3) Dana need to grab a sandwich

4) you are wrong..till they say the Bills are eliminated, I will think they are making it LOL

:) I'm not arguing at all about #4. I've been wrong in the past, and with any luch at all... I'll be wrong in the future.

I really loved Bryce! We did a house rental for the week, nearby, which was surprisingly affordable, and hiked in Bryce, Zion, and the North Rim. They have trails suited for kids, all the way to serious hiker. So, something to please everyone. But, Bryce was amazing. Even non nature lovers will be blown away by it. Just an amazing part of the world.

I walked my dog at about 8am and nearly froze to death after 15 minutes. No yardwork. No Christmas decorations. I hate this weather. I don't even have anything to make my normal Sunday football food. No Bills game is !@#$ing me all up. I guess I'll get drunk later.

K, couple of things. Can someone in the know start an official " who we are rooting for " thread. I can't figure it out from the playoffs possibility thread. No explanations, just a list of who we want to win today. That would be greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance if someone does that.

2nd, just posted in the beer OTW thread, still watching the games outside today. 32 here now, wind chills in the 20's...fug it , putting on some long undies, hat, gloves etc. Sit next to the fire, drink some winter warming beers, have a bottle of. Dickel for some quick nips when it gets chilly....even have two other idiots coming over to join me! ( yes, one guy is from BFLO)

Does anyone have the link to the teams we want to win today/tonight to help with our playoff hopes? It was down to a science, even potential tiebreakers including NFC teams. I saw it in one of the threads earlier this week...

K, couple of things. Can someone in the know start an official " who we are rooting for " thread. I can't figure it out from the playoffs possibility thread. No explanations, just a list of who we want to win today. That would be greatly appreciated, so thank you in advance if someone does that.

2nd, just posted in the beer OTW thread, still watching the games outside today. 32 here now, wind chills in the 20's...fug it , putting on some long undies, hat, gloves etc. Sit next to the fire, drink some winter warming beers, have a bottle of. Dickel for some quick nips when it gets chilly....even have two other idiots coming over to join me! ( yes, one guy is from BFLO)

Looking for this as well...

This seems to make sense, from Buffalo Rumblings: http://www.buffaloru...oting-interests

Ravens over Jets (we are further behind the Jets in overall standings than the Ravens)

Car over Mia

Chiefs over SD (we aren't catching KC, and SD is still in the mix technically)

Browns over Steelers (could go either way, but we need one of them to fade and Pitt is less likely to do so I guess)

Tenn over Oak (getting into the weeds now)

Cards over Ind (helps on the strength of sched tiebreakers)

P*ts over Broncos (this one I disagree with, but they are saying strength of schedule)

Jags over Texans

Bucs over Lions

Vikes/Packers, Bears/Rams, Dal/NY, 49ers/DC don't really matter.

Edit: It took me 6 minutes to transcribe, so technically I beat Big C!

kj

Edited by l< j

This seems to make sense, from Buffalo Rumblings: http://www.buffaloru...oting-interests

Ravens over Jets (we are further behind the Jets in overall standings than the Ravens)

Car over Mia

Chiefs over SD (we aren't catching KC, and SD is still in the mix technically)

Browns over Steelers (could go either way, but we need one of them to fade and Pitt is less likely to do so I guess)

Tenn over Oak (getting into the weeds now)

Cards over Ind (helps on the strength of sched tiebreakers)

P*ts over Broncos (this one I disagree with, but they are saying strength of schedule)

Jags over Texans

Bucs over Lions

Vikes/Packers, Bears/Rams, Dal/NY, 49ers/DC don't really matter.

Edit: It took me 6 minutes to transcribe, so technically I beat Big C!

kj

Noooooooo!

Good of you to transcribe, though.

And I am definitely torn on the Pats game. They don't rest starters, so them winning doesn't really help us week 17, but it's also unlikely that they will lose enough games to surrender the division.

The 1:00 games are terrible today, can't decide which game to watch. Chiefs Chargers looks like best game but I have a feeling that's a snoozer

Chiefs games are booooooring. They can even make Peyton boring. It's ridiculous. I haven't checked to see who I get today, but I hope it isn't this one.

What games are on today locally? Jets vs Ravens? I'm a big Ravens fan today. I'm doing the Ray Lewis dance as I type this

Jets Ravens on NBC, Panthers Dolphins on fox. Not sure about 4:00. And that is according to the channel guide on directtv, which has been known to be incorrect.

Chiefs games are booooooring. They can even make Peyton boring. It's ridiculous. I haven't checked to see who I get today, but I hope it isn't this one.

Chiefs Chargers is best early game but couldn't agree more and prob why I won't watch

Looks like Red Zone day which I never really watch bc I prefer to watch a game then constant jumping