PFF: Special Teams ranked

Kemp2Warlick

Pro Football Focus@PFF1m

Who are the NFL's best ST Units? All 32 ranked: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/21/the-third-phase-ranking-the-special-teams/

29. Buffalo Bills: -19.5

(Penalty Rank =23rd, Tackling Efficiency Rank 18th)

Once the home of some of the best units in football the Bills have a long way to go to rediscover the Halcyon days. After a strong start with 13 tackles in the first seven weeks,Marcus Easley has one in the last four. That’s still better than Duke Williams who has missed as many as he’s made (four).

Edited by Kemp2Warlick

It's been said on here many times but this is an enormous indictment on Crossman as far as I am concerned. This team has great return men, a great kicker and one of the best gunners in the league. If Bobby April would kiss and make up with the Bills that unit would be clicking like they should be.

It's been said on here many times but this is an enormous indictment on Crossman as far as I am concerned. This team has great return men, a great kicker and one of the best gunners in the league. If Bobby April would kiss and make up with the Bills that unit would be clicking like they should be.

Have Bobby April coached special teams actually been any good since the major rule chage to eliminate wedges? The Eagles had bad special teams during his stint there. And I see that the Raiders have a pretty average ST ranking currently.

Edited by prissythecat

Crossman gotta go... On a side note, Hackett is growing on me. Not cuz of last week against the Jets, but more so that I realized EJ's bad games and short passing wasn't Hackett's fault. I also hhave said a while ago that Hackett should get his butt down to the sidelines instead of calling the game from a cozy box. That will only help EJ.

But yeah, special teams sucks more than a person trying to get taste through the straw of a McDonald's milkshake.

Have Bobby April coached special teams actually been any good since the major rule chage to eliminate wedges? The Eagles had bad special teams during his stint there. And I see that the Raiders have a pretty average ST ranking currently.

I really don't know to tell you the truth. I do firmly believe if he had the ST players that are on this roster now the unit would be significantly better.

CROSSMAN has to go immediately. I don't think Marrone has the guts to do it. He will give us the "we have to get better" speech. Special teams cost us the Cinci and Cleveland games (among other things but ST really killed us). We win those and we are in the playoffs.

Our special teams has been horrible since the NFL changed where the ball is on kickoffs. There is no doubt in my mind our team would be on top if every damned kickoff wasn't a touchback.

Any gains from Goodwin bringing them back would be offset by the big returns that the other guys would be getting. That coach is a problem.

kj