Official Playoff Possibilities Thread

eball

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't even opened or looked at the playoff calculator so I really have no basis to talk. However...

From what I read currently we have about a 1-2% chance of making the playoffs.

I have to assume that if we win next week and a few (not all) of the other games go in our favor that chance will raise some small percentage.

What I am trying to talk myself into is maybe at the end of week 14 we have a 5% chance of making it. With a similar win and week in week 15 maybe we are up to a 10% chance. By week 16 a 15% chance.

Finally, we get to week 17 and pull off a miracle against the Pats maybe we roll the dice with maybe a 25% chance.

I know it's grasping at straws, but I am not done yet.

(P.S. I know this is a lot of ifs and I know one loss or even the right teams winning can take us to 0% instantly)

At the risk of sending some people over the edge, if you use the ESPN playoff machine to give wins to the teams that are better in ESPN's power rankings as of today, then flip the Bills' two final games to make us win out, the 6th playoff seed goes to ... wait for it ... wait for it ... Da Bills.

NOBODY ... circles the wagons ... like the BUFFALO BILLS! Who's with me? Who's with me? No? Just me? OK then.

At the risk of sending some people over the edge, if you use the ESPN playoff machine to give wins to the teams that are better in ESPN's power rankings as of today, then flip the Bills' two final games to make us win out, the 6th playoff seed goes to ... wait for it ... wait for it ... Da Bills.

NOBODY ... circles the wagons ... like the BUFFALO BILLS! Who's with me? Who's with me? No? Just me? OK then.

As ridiculous as it sounds, we actually still somehow have a shot. I could see our week 16 game vs the Fins being a do or die game for both teams. How crazy would it be to make the playoffs with the way things have gone

Just curious, does anyone think that the Texans message board has a similar thread? After all, they are still alive for the playoffs!

http://nfl.si.com/20...s-nfl-playoffs/

Any team not officially eliminated has a chance.

How hard is that for others to understand?

I don't think many are saying its a lock, just an outside chance.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Its not at all far fetched the team cant make it....

1. Buffalo needs to win out

2. Miami needs to lose another game (other than to BUF)--they play at PIT, NE, at BUF, JETS--losing to NE seems reasonable

3. Jets need to lose 1---they finish OAK, at car, CLE, at mia---at Carolina would do it---its very reasonable.

4. Baltimore needs to lose 2---they play MIN, det, NE, cin--there last 3 is one of the toughest closing schedules. them losing 2 is not that much of a reach.

5. Pittsburgh needs to lose 2---they finish with 3 of 4 at home where they play MIA, CIN, at gb, CLE---they can lose 2 of their next 3. the Cincinnati game could potentially mean a Cincinati win = diviison title.

6. Cleveland lose 1---next week they play at New England.

7. Tennesee lose 2---they finish at denver , ARIZ, jax, HOU. Their next 2 games should do it.

8. San Diego needs to lose 2. they have left NYG, at den, OAK, KC. They will have 3 difficult games coming up.

9. Oakland needs to lose 1---they play the at jets then their division foes. KC or DEN would do it.

In this scenario its the better team winning.

NE, DET, and CIN have better record this year than BAL so they are all likely going to be favorites. It isnt much of a stretch to have BALT lose 2.

2. Miami needs to lose another game (other than to BUF)--they play at PIT, NE, at BUF, JETS--losing to NE seems reasonable

3. Jets need to lose 1---they finish OAK, at car, CLE, at mia---at Carolina would do it---its very reasonable.

4. Baltimore needs to lose 2---they play MIN, det, NE, cin--there last 3 is one of the toughest closing schedules. them losing 2 is not that much of a reach.

Yawn

5. Pittsburgh needs to lose 2---they finish with 3 of 4 at home where they play MIA, CIN, at gb, CLE---they can lose 2 of their next 3. the Cincinnati game could potentially mean a Cincinati win = diviison title.

7. Tennesee lose 2---they finish at denver , ARIZ, jax, HOU. Their next 2 games should do it.

8. San Diego needs to lose 2. they have left NYG, at den, OAK, KC. They will have 3 difficult games coming up.

9. Oakland needs to lose 1---they play the at jets then their division foes. KC or DEN would do it.

NE, DET, and CIN have better record this year than BAL so they are all likely going to be favorites. It isnt much of a stretch to have BALT lose 2.

If that's not far fetched then I can't imagine what you think is.

Stopped to read after 1.

Do you REALLY think guys than Buf will win out ?

With this "OOPS I DID IT AGAIN" team ?

Come on.

You are all on something...

Most of the losses this year hasn't really affected me. This one still hurts a couple days later.

Agree 100%!

The Buffalo Bills losing to ATL in Toronto tells me everything I need to know about this team not only in its present form but for the future. Not good. Not good at all.

The Bills were up 14-0 against ATL and I was feeling GOOD! It was pretty much what I was expecting to see against ATL. Then the Bills lose the game.

IMHO it's the incompetent coaches that we have. And we're stuck with these incompetent coaches for a LONG time!

If that's not far fetched then I can't imagine what you think is.

It's the kind of thing that seems far-fetched when you look at it as a long list of things that need to happen, but really all you need are 2 things:

1) The Bills need to win out

2) Other AFC teams need to play pretty much like they've played all season, winning some and losing some.

I'll grant you #1 is pretty unlikely, although I think we have a better than 50-50 chance in each of the next 3 games. But #2 is not unlikely, in my opinion.

It's the kind of thing that seems far-fetched when you look at it as a long list of things that need to happen, but really all you need are 2 things:

1) The Bills need to win out

2) Other AFC teams need to play pretty much like they've played all season, winning some and losing some.

I'll grant you #1 is pretty unlikely, although I think we have a better than 50-50 chance in each of the next 3 games. But #2 is not unlikely, in my opinion.

Yea I think people see the 4-8 record and assume all hope is completely lost. But in reality, we are only two games out of the final wildcard spot, with a tiebreaker over the team that is in the spot and also a potential tiebreaker over the other team tied with them. We also have 3 very winnable games coming up unlike the other teams that we are chasing.