Jets @ Bills Week 11 - Talk about it here

YoloinOhio

Seems like everything is stacked against the Bills, once again this week. EJ trying to bounce back after a poor performance in week 10, injured SJ, great Jets D that shut us down the 1st half of the first matchup in NJ and just came off of shutting down perhaps the best offense in the NFL, New Orleans, Jets coming off a bye week. Oh and of course David Nelson bearing a grudge returning, am sure he will rack up about 200 yds with Geno leading the way. Maybe a pessimist view, but it is that kind of a week around here. Hopefully we get Woods back and that could help. But we will need a strong showing from our QB which I am likely alone in thinking that could happen, but I liked what I saw from him in his development prior to yesterday.

These two teams typically get pretty chippy, so pride may be on the line from the Bills side and Jets are fighting for a playoff spot.

Edited by YoloInTheBlo

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills will play hard if for no other reason than to spoil the Jets' playoff aspirations and to show that they didn't make the wrong QB choice. I actually am expecting the Bills to win and I will chalk it up under the "too little too late" category.

Per Joe B. on WGR this morning, the coaches are leaning toward sitting Woods on Sunday and will decide on Stevie later in the week based on whether/how much he can practice. He also said that he feels like the players still believe in EJ but doesn't know if it is genuine or forced.

I would not risk playing injured players, lets see what our back ups can do and get some experience. This is getting ready for next season, injuries ended this one already.

That is pretty much what Marrone said, specifically to Woods, that they could either have him for the rest of the year or play him in this game and risk him worsening the high ankle sprain. He was leaning toward having him for the last 5 games.

The Jets are a different team on the road this year, like night vs. day. They can beat a team like the Saints at home but get routed by the Titans and Bengals on the road. The Bills players and fans need to make sure the Jets 'know' they are on the road this week. And lets hope Sunday's dud against the Steelers won't be repeated.

The Jets are a different team on the road this year, like night vs. day. They can beat a team like the Saints at home but get routed by the Titans and Bengals on the road. The Bills players and fans need to make sure the Jets 'know' they are on the road this week. And lets hope Sunday's dud against the Steelers won't be repeated.

I agree - once again, it will be run and play defense, and win the TO battle. Assuming the Bills passing game will be non-existent. As I recall from the Jets-NO game, the Jets were able to run all over NO yet Geno only completed 8 passes. The Jets also ran on the Bills. as I recall, especially on 3rd and short which was awful and Bilal Powell of all people. Our run D has improved since then, however. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

OK Season over

Bills knew their playoff lives depended on winning out and they go to Pittsburgh and collectively lay an egg. No heart . Jets will probably blast them. 14 years and counting.

There My two cents.

LV

I agree they are very likely out of the playoffs but with everyone losing in the AFC this weekend, they still have an outside shot. I am sure they have not given up like the fans have.

I hope Jets fans come read this board. They're hopes are still really high. They are likely playoff bound, and they'll lose quick. But just seeing how nonchalant don't give a f we are has to be laughable. I really don't care if we win any more games this year as long as we keep improving. I've maintained that all season. I didn't come in setting my hopes high to have them crushed and believe we can still win 3 more games.

JR is right, it will be a horrible game to watch where the varsity defenses just destroy the JV offensive units. It will be funny watching Geno throw a pick 6 and on the ensuing drives first play Manuel gets sacked and fumbles to give it right back then Jets go 12 yards and punt.

I hope Jets fans come read this board. They're hopes are still really high. They are likely playoff bound, and they'll lose quick. But just seeing how nonchalant don't give a f we are has to be laughable. I really don't care if we win any more games this year as long as we keep improving. I've maintained that all season. I didn't come in setting my hopes high to have them crushed and believe we can still win 3 more games.

JR is right, it will be a horrible game to watch where the varsity defenses just destroy the JV offensive units. It will be funny watching Geno throw a pick 6 and on the ensuing drives first play Manuel gets sacked and fumbles to give it right back then Jets go 12 yards and punt.

Absolute guarantee that will happen

To me, this game is trouble, for the following reasons: 1) Jets D, especially the front 7, is outstanding. 2) They are coming off of a bye with a short trip game. 3) Ryan is an exerienced coach going up against a rookie coach. 4) Smith has developed faster than Manuel due to lack of injury and playing time. 5) The Jets are fighting for a playoff spot. I hope I am wrong like last week when I picked the Steelers but I have to go with the Jets. I am beginning to wonder if the Bills will be able to recover from the KC debacle.