Worst sports town?

billsfan_34

Buffalo is a great "sports town" in the sense that people in the Buffalo area eat, sleep, and breath sports. I have a buddy who is from California and Las Vegas and had to move here because this is where his wife was originally from and he says that is actually one of his favorite parts about living here is how people are crazy about sports. Now if you were talking about the success of the local franchises then yes Buffalo would be on the leaderboard of that list.

I would think a place where all the fans are fair weather would be a bad sports town. Maybe places like LA, San Diego, Jax, and Miami.

Buffalo has got to be one of the best sports towns in the NFL.

You can add Atlanta to that list.

Curious why you guys mention Atlanta. I know their hockey fans were horrible, and the team left. But other than that, I know nothing about their fans.

Bad rap because they stopped selling out Braves playoff games at the end of their run. Of course, same thing happened in Buffalo in the early 90s.

I would think a place where all the fans are fair weather would be a bad sports town. Maybe places like LA, San Diego, Jax, and Miami.

Buffalo has got to be one of the best sports towns in the NFL.

BS. It takes more than fan support to be considered a great sports town. The team(s) have to win and Buffalo hasn't won any significant title in decades. Boston is the best sports town.

BS. It takes more than fan support to be considered a great sports town. The team(s) have to win and Buffalo hasn't won any significant title in decades. Boston is the best sports town.

"Best sports town" is pretty open ended... I lean w/the belief that the "best sports town" would continually draw fans even when their teams are losing.

Now, Boston is the "best winning sports town."

Curious why you guys mention Atlanta. I know their hockey fans were horrible, and the team left. But other than that, I know nothing about their fans.

The fans weren't horrible, the team was mismanaged.

Cleveland has been bad for years in terms of teams not winning. But Miami fans are probably the worst because they only show up of the team is winning.