Every single ESPN expert is picking PIT

KikO M G

Look at all their yearly records...and this isnt picking with the spread just a winner. I haven't watched espn or gone to their website for football in probably 4-5 years.

Things look good - I think we'll get the Steelers today. The embarrassment card assumes the Steelers haven't been playing hard all year to which Tomlin put to bed at his press confrence yep were playing hard (translation - were not very good). The 40 given to the bears that wasn't embarrassing ? Apprently not enough came back and gave up 34 to the Vikings. An offensively challenged Raiders team put up 21 prior to New England hanging 50. They are what they are - which is not a very good defense if we don't turn it over 3-4 times this week its a win.

Edited by CardinalScotts

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all fairness, Wilbon likely hasn't seen the Bills play since about January 2000....

Same with likely everyone who made these "expert" picks

I don't understand why these threads pop up often, that the Bills deserve respect. Why? They're the doormats of the league. Do you respect the Browns? The Cardinals? No

[/size]

Three GREAT posts above! I wholeheartedly agree.

But OTOH, there are tons of folks out in the world, and even in here, who think that this stuff is real complicated, and we need all these "experts" to tell us what's happening. These folks have virtually the same viewpoint about NFL coaching. My take is that it ain't brain surgery out there, and if you closely watch/follow the game for a few years, and you're reasonably intelligent, you will know as much as they know. And if you closely watch/follow the game for 20+ years, you probably will know MORE than they know.

As for the weekly "picks", no one can truly be called an "expert", the games are too unpredictable......."On any given Sunday." If there were true any "experts", they'd move to Vegas, and get rich by working from Sept. through the end of Jan. Then for the rest of the year they'd just hang out and spend their millions. So the picks are just more "entertainment" to fill hours of pre-game "analysis."

The greatest irony is that even the "great" sharps usually average 53-55% winning percentages. The return on investment in sports betting, even for "experts," is incredibly poor due to the house's cut.

• 1 month later...

Quick note from last nights PTI.

Question was over under 1.5 wins between Jacksonville and Tampa bay combined rest of the way.

Willbon went over, giving both the Bucs and Jags wins against the Bills.....now that is some disrespect LOL

Surprised no one on here is going bat chit crazy ....or maybe I am only one who still watchescPTI

Well he was only half right reguarding the Bills....

The funny thing was, at the same time he predicted the Bucs and the Jags to have 4 wins each....and this was at the point when they were both 0-8!!

I'll admit that I thought he was completely wrong at the time that either of them would beat the Bills, and I thought he was completely out of his mind that they would each have at least 4 wins.

Props to Wibon on a ballsy prediction that turned out to be correct.

The funny thing was, at the same time he predicted the Bucs and the Jags to have 4 wins each....and this was at the point when they were both 0-8!!

I'll admit that I thought he was completely wrong at the time that either of them would beat the Bills, and I thought he was completely out of his mind that they would each have at least 4 wins.

Yep, I thought he was on something, but he was almost exactly right.

Wilbon is very good. When it comes to the NBA his knowledge is unmatched. The NFL well, he is a Bears homer but he still is very very good. He and Kornheiser are why PTI works. I just wish ESPN didn't clone that show repeatedly thinking blowhards would make it worthwhile.

Wilbon is very good. When it comes to the NBA his knowledge is unmatched. The NFL well, he is a Bears homer but he still is very very good. He and Kornheiser are why PTI works. I just wish ESPN didn't clone that show repeatedly thinking blowhards would make it worthwhile.

PTI is my all-time favorite show. It is gold.