Packers reach out to....Brett Favre!!!

Buftex

we will see how real that is... im guessing not very serious, if even true.... but you never know.

between the attention it would bring, favres comments about head trauma etc... it just doesnt make much sense.

Edited by NoSaint

You know, it might be the one situation that would be right for Favre. I have to believe, after the dust has settled a little (and dick pix have faded from memory) both the Packers and Favre have to be pretty unsatisfied with the way their relationship disintergrated. I suspect, the gesture alone, could just be a PR move, sort of a public kiss and make up between the Pack and their legendary QB.

Who the hell is Howard Balzer?

I could tweet that and people would run with it

Not sure if you are serious Captain..

Howard Balzer was a long-time writer for the now defunct Pro Football Weekly. He currently, I believe, is the pro-football editor for the USA Today...he isn't exactly a nobody. I think, if he reports somthing, there is some substance to it. Whether this actually happens is anyones' guess, but I don't think Balzer would just make it up to get his name out there...anyone who follows pro football on a national level already knows who he is.

Its more likely to be matt Flynn ... who already had success there.

If the Packers are not interested in Flynn, what would that tell you about Flynn?

For the record (I know you all need to know this), the more I think about this, I really do think this is a PR attempt at finally, smoothing over whatever bumps there are in the road between Favre and the Packers. If Favre didn't think he could play again, just a few weeks ago, for the Rams, I don't think much could have changed. He is already talking about showing symptoms of concussions from his playing days...

Yep you just beat me to it! That would be interesting for sure.

They could bring Vince Young back...just sayin' Ted Thompson went out of his way, when VY was released, to say that he still thought Young had a place in the league, and he wished he had singend him to the Packers sooner than he did.

Yes. Flynn is most famous for his success againsts a very bad Lions secondary. He hasn't done much since then .

Not quite.

Flynn is most famous, and he is indeed famous, for parlaying that one success into multi-millions of dollars. We should all be jealous.

:worthy:

Edited by maddenboy

Howard Balzer is a sports anchor that has been around for over 30 years, including a stint at ESPN. He now occasionally also host shows on SiriusXM NFL Radio.

http://en.wikipedia....i/Howard_Balzer

Not sure if you are serious Captain..

Howard Balzer was a long-time writer for the now defunct Pro Football Weekly. He currently, I believe, is the pro-football editor for the USA Today...he isn't exactly a nobody. I think, if he reports somthing, there is some substance to it. Whether this actually happens is anyones' guess, but I don't think Balzer would just make it up to get his name out there...anyone who follows pro football on a national level already knows who he is.

Honestly didn't know

:oops: