Jags WR Justin Blackmon Suspended Indefinitely

Jaguars’ Blackmon Suspended Indefinitely: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/02/sports/football/nfl-roundup.html?_r=0&adxnnl=1&seid=auto&smid=tw-nytsports&adxnnlx=1383357756-sYqGROzKeqZuuyLhZqbcNQ

Jacksonville Jaguars receiver Justin Blackmon was suspended indefinitely without pay on Friday for violating the N.F.L.’s substance-abuse policy. He had already served a four-game suspension at the start of this season for a violation of the policy.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jags seem to be failing at every level of their organization. Blackmon should be ashamed of himself, and will stand to lose a lot of money.

But more than that, the decision to select him in the first place falls on management and scouts. If my memory serves, he had plenty of character issues in college.

I read his apology! so moving, just like the last one! Why not save the apologies this time around

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Surprising that with the level of scouting and his known issues that this didnt all cause him to slide more. He just doesn't seem like a rare enough talent to go so high with such baggage... Unless he hid a lot of it well... Which it doesn't sound like he does.

Edited by NoSaint

Surprising that with the level of scouting and his known issues that this didnt all cause him to slide more. He just doesn't seem like a rare enough talent to go so high with such baggage... Unless he hid a lot of it well... Which it doesn't sound like he does.

I don't quite agree as far as Blackmon's talent level.

Here's his game logs from last year (his rookie year):

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14907/year/2012/justin-blackmon

Note the 236 yard game against Houston in week 11 when he torched elite corner Johnathan Joseph. Check out the heavy production in the second half of the season playing on a lousy team with two lousy quarterbacks.

The guy is a carbon copy of Michael Crabtree IMO. Both lack the blazing speed but have pretty much everything else.

I don't quite agree as far as Blackmon's talent level.

Here's his game logs from last year (his rookie year):

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/14907/year/2012/justin-blackmon

Note the 236 yard game against Houston in week 11 when he torched elite corner Johnathan Joseph. Check out the heavy production in the second half of the season playing on a lousy team with two lousy quarterbacks.

The guy is a carbon copy of Michael Crabtree IMO. Both lack the blazing speed but have pretty much everything else.

He went top 5 with the baggage. Seemingly it had no effect on his stock whatsoever. Less baggage has effected better players far more was all I was saying - unless he suddenly went off the deep end post-draft. Look at guys like Crabtree sliding to 10, dez, randy moss.....

Not being a Calvin Johnson once in a decade WR, often you will see that bump from top 5 to teens

Edited by NoSaint

He went top 5 with the baggage. Seemingly it had no effect on his stock whatsoever. Less baggage has effected better players far more was all I was saying - unless he suddenly went off the deep end post-draft. Look at guys like Crabtree sliding to 10, dez, randy moss.....

Gotcha.

I thought you were questioning his talent level.

Blackmon clearly has alcohol addition issues and needs to really get help before he kills himself or even worse someone else. His problems have nothing to do with being an idiot or being stupid. Surprised people (well not really) so quickly resort to name calling in his case and others like it.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz