We Can Survive With Matt Flynn

Bryce Paup

Neither EJ nor Thad was lighting it up out there. They made some throws, missed a few more and showed guts that everyone loved. That being said I want to see Tuel out there if Lewis can't go. Marrone likes him and with a week of practice and a game plan that suits his talent level it will be a much better indicator of his ability. The Browns game was ridiculous....but it was a snapshot in a very difficult situation. At home with the team pumped up to knock off an undefeated team....I would like to see Tuel if Lewis can't go.

I think that's what will happen.

Neither EJ nor Thad was lighting it up out there. They made some throws, missed a few more and showed guts that everyone loved. That being said I want to see Tuel out there if Lewis can't go. Marrone likes him and with a week of practice and a game plan that suits his talent level it will be a much better indicator of his ability. The Browns game was ridiculous....but it was a snapshot in a very difficult situation. At home with the team pumped up to knock off an undefeated team....I would like to see Tuel if Lewis can't go.

The Bills have played a schedule loaded with very good defenses. Not all stats are the same. 200 yards passing against the Bengals is much better than 300 yards passing against the Jags.

And Tuel is a developmental guy. He couldn't start at WSU his senior year and really had a pretty uneven at best college career. I struggle to see the upside in playing him. If Lewis can't play, I'd rather roll the dice on Flynn.

good if you're the player making millions for Nada. Flynn is making truck loads.

Bad if you actually want to have a football career

Well...I see your point...but at least Jackson was a starter for a while...Flynn has been handed two starting jobs, and managed to play his way out of them before the pre-season was over...

Ultimately, I can't wait to get EJ back, so he can get some playing time...but I still like the idea of Lewis starting a hell of a lot more than I like the idea of Flynn or Tuel. He is very raw, but he has shown the abiltiy to make some plays, and I like his fire. For the Bills to beat a team like the Cheifs, it is going to be a good all around effort from the offense, defense and special teams. If Lewis some of the mistakes he made last week (ie: not fumbling the ball), make a few of the nice throws he has made the last few weeks, the defense comes to play (the Chiefs offense is not the Saints offense), we have a fighters chance of winning this game.

Edited by Buftex

I'd like to see EJ beat KC, but he won't be there and I've seen more than enough of Thad. So...getting to see Tuel or Flynn would make the game interesting and show management what they've got with these two. Might even get a win, LOL. Think I'd prefer to see Tuel because he's shinier than Matt.

Flynn has a moderate to weak arm. I think Thad played admirably well considering the amount of time to prepare and with basically no NFL experience. Thank goodness it looks like Thad is playing.

Edited by Triple Threat

With decent arm strength and accuracy combined with getting the ball out of his hands quickly I think he'll be able to manage the game for us and convert 3rd downs something that is desperately needed

He will be the greatest back up QB in the history of professional sports!