Stevie

NoSaint

Why was he playing? Guy was struggling to get in and out of the huddle yet alone run routes.

Was calling himself out every 3rd play and a few times couldn't get out in time and was forced to limp through the next play.

At what point is enough, enough?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 catches, 70-some yards. Not a bad day at all, considering how he was gimping around.

Despite those numbers, he probably should have been benched. The only way I can figure he got those numbers is that his limping confused the coverage. Takes some guts to play that hurt...but that level of dedication isn't always smart.

I was wondering about that too. Stevie still managed some nice catches late in the game to pick up first downs, though.

Was struggling to walk, yet alone run. Cuts weren't sharp. I think one play he was nearly walking his route.

If we didnt have a better receiver than Stevie at 50% that's a major problem

7 catches, 70-some yards. Not a bad day at all, considering how he was gimping around.

Despite those numbers, he probably should have been benched. The only way I can figure he got those numbers is that his limping confused the coverage. Takes some guts to play that hurt...but that level of dedication isn't always smart.

It seemed after his 3rd or 4th catch he aggravated it BADLY

Really? If he didn't play the rest of the game , he is soft. Wow really can't please most fans. Look he was gutting it out, because he wants to win. He still had a decent game, I for one appreciate his effort and dedication.

Agree. He deserves the same adoration afforded Freddy last week.

Really? If he didn't play the rest of the game , he is soft. Wow really can't please most fans. Look he was gutting it out, because he wants to win. He still had a decent game, I for one appreciate his effort and dedication.

Watching at home I don't think you likely saw how bad he looked. I'm a Stevie fan. I get he's tough. I'm not saying he's bad- I'm saying he was injured.

I agree. Lot of guts. plus, he was effective

On a couple plays. He was incredibly ineffective on several too.

He went back in, the coaches didn't keep him out either. He obviously was not 100% but heart always plays better then physical prowess. I really like the mentality of this team, and I think it starts with Freddie, and his guts, it's rubbing off....is this really a bad problem to have? His play didn't hinder the Bills, but his gumption will only help to inspire his team mates.

I can't and won't be mad at him. I said in the game thread that he should have been benched for fear of worsening that injury but if he wants to be on the field helping and the coaches let him, there's nothing we can do.

He went back in, the coaches didn't keep him out either. He obviously was not 100% but heart always plays better then physical prowess. I really like the mentality of this team, and I think it starts with Freddie, and his guts, it's rubbing off....is this really a bad problem to have? His play didn't hinder the Bills, but his gumption will only help to inspire his team mates.

Yes, and besides, his backup is Hogan. Is that really preferable?!

On a couple plays. He was incredibly ineffective on several too.

I honestly didn't see that. I saw one replay where he pulled up, but it was after he made a sweet move to get open and the ball wasn't being thrown at him.

I think he played through a lot of pain, and still was his same old self in getting open on those short routes.

Why was he playing? Guy was struggling to get in and out of the huddle yet alone run routes.

Was calling himself out every 3rd play and a few times couldn't get out in time and was forced to limp through the next play.

At what point is enough, enough?

Players play hurt every game.

It is great to see the veterans out there laying it all out. No problem with a nicked up player playing unless he is hurting us or doing more damage to himself.

That was not the situation today with Stevie.

I honestly didn't see that. I saw one replay where he pulled up, but it was after he made a sweet move to get open and the ball wasn't being thrown at him.

I think he played through a lot of pain, and still was his same old self in getting open on those short routes.

I think one play in the third he struggled to even hit stride at a walking pace on his route. Another I saw him try to cut and as soon as he contacted the defender he was completely done (couldn't push through due to it it seemed), another he was calling himself out after the huddle and we had a player running out he had to wave off because he couldn't make it off the field, etc....

Despite the stat line there were stretches I've never seen a wr look so hobbled.

Edited by NoSaint

You would think so. But most Bills fans hate Stevie.

I like him, he genuinely loves being a Bill. I also noticed the Bills are 3-0 when I wear his jersey this year, 0-2 when I wear Spiller, and 0-3 when I wear Dareus....hmmm looks like I need to wear my # 13 for a while....lol... funny coincidence.

here,here :thumbsup:

Some fans gotta find some reason to complain in a loss...