Bledsoe issue

Stussy109

With Bledsoe reportedly wanting out of Buffalo, and refusing a pay cut... Do you think he is tradeable?  I would be happy to get a 3rd-2nd for him...  Any thoughts?

208920[/snapback]

a 2nd??? :doh:

maybe a 5th or lower

With Bledsoe reportedly wanting out of Buffalo, and refusing a pay cut... Do you think he is tradeable?  I would be happy to get a 3rd-2nd for him...  Any thoughts?

208920[/snapback]

:doh::(:(

A 2nd or 3rd for Bledsoe, thats rich. AT BEST, the only thing we could get for Drew would be a 5th rounder, and even thats stretching it. Drew will get released if he doesnt take his pay cut, I dont see us shipping him off to another team in a trade. Unless the Cards, for some ungodly reason, want him to be a part of that Travis trade. Which wont happen.

208920[/snapback]

I know of no such news. Henry wants out but only rumors have Bledsoe contemplating restructure. I never heard him say he wants out. He loves the city and believes it's 'his team'..

:(  :(  :(

A 2nd or 3rd for Bledsoe, thats rich.  AT BEST, the only thing we could get for Drew would be a 5th rounder, and even thats stretching it.  Drew will get released if he doesnt take his pay cut, I dont see us shipping him off to another team in a trade.  Unless the Cards, for some ungodly reason, want him to be a part of that Travis trade.  Which wont happen.

208928[/snapback]

So you think that Travis Henry is worth more than Drew Bledsoe in terms of a trade? :doh:

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

So you think that Travis Henry is worth more than Drew Bledsoe in terms of a trade?  :doh:

Yeah, that makes a ton of sense.

208937[/snapback]

Yep, I sure do. Travis Henry is still young and has a bunch of teams clamoring for him (Miami, Arizona, Oakland are the ones that were named). They want to get him and when all is said and done it will net us an extra 3rd rounder.

Drew Bledsoe would get absolutely nothing in terms of a trade since TD already made it clear that he was going to release him after 3/1 if he doesnt accept a pay cut.

Tell me how we could get more from Bledsoe at this point if every team who wants him (the confused souls that they are) could just WAIT and get him after March?

Travis Henry has more trade value, its very simple.

Yep, I sure do.  Travis Henry is still young and has a bunch of teams clamoring for him (Miami, Arizona, Oakland are the ones that were named).  They want to get him and when all is said and done it will net us an extra 3rd rounder.

Drew Bledsoe would get absolutely nothing in terms of a trade since TD already made it clear that he was going to release him after 3/1 if he doesnt accept a pay cut. 

Tell me how we could get more from Bledsoe at this point if every team who wants him (the confused souls that they are) could just WAIT and get him after March?

Travis Henry has more trade value, its very simple.

208938[/snapback]

You are failing to take value into consideration. How many millions of dollars did the skins pay Brunell, who is shot, and far worse than Bledsoe? Hasselback will surely sign for 7 or 8 mil per season, as will Brees.

Henry is a mentally challenged person who can run, but not very fast. There is not one other thing he does well at his position.

Drew is near the top at every phase of career stats. It is harder to get a qb than a banged up, dumb, slow rb who cannot block nor catch. Why are you having a problem accepting this?

You are failing to take value into consideration. How many millions of dollars did the skins pay Brunell, who is shot, and far worse than Bledsoe?  Hasselback will surely sign for 7 or 8 mil per season, as will Brees.

Henry is a mentally challenged person who can run, but not very fast. There is not one other thing he does well at his position.

Drew is near the top at every phase of career stats. It is harder to get a qb than a banged up, dumb, slow rb who cannot block nor catch. Why are you having a problem accepting this?

208944[/snapback]

I strongly disagree with your assesment of trade value, but that doesnt even matter in this case. We cant trade Bledsoe at this point because the other 31 NFL teams realize that we'll just release him in a month if he doesnt take a pay-cut. So why would they offer anything for him if he was going to get released anyways? They'd have to be mighty dumb to give something up for a player they could have without parting with picks only a few weeks later.

If all things were equal, then perhaps Bledsoe would warrant a higher draft pick, but in this current situation that we are in, Bledsoe has NO trade value since we would release him anyways.

Henry on the other hand, regardless of what we Bills fans view as his faults (and I agree with you on Henry's problems), does have teams interested in him due to his previous 1300 yard seasons and toughness. Therefore, he has the higher trade value.

This has nothing to do with personal opinion of Henry as a player, I'm just looking at the present situation the Bills are in and their options.

I strongly disagree with your assesment of trade value, but that doesnt even matter in this case.  We cant trade Bledsoe at this point because the other 31 NFL teams realize that we'll just release him in a month if he doesnt take a pay-cut.  So why would they offer anything for him if he was going to get released anyways?  They'd have to be mighty dumb to give something up for a player they could have without parting with picks only a few weeks later. 

If all things were equal, then perhaps Bledsoe would warrant a higher draft pick, but in this current situation that we are in, Bledsoe has NO trade value since we would release him anyways. 

Henry on the other hand, regardless of what we Bills fans view as his faults (and I agree with you on Henry's problems), does have teams interested in him due to his previous 1300 yard seasons and toughness.  Therefore, he has the higher trade value. 

This has nothing to do with personal opinion of Henry as a player, I'm just looking at the present situation the Bills are in and their options.

208951[/snapback]

That's cool. I do however make the case that if TD does not get a draft pick to his liking, he will cut Travis. This would drive up his price and screw other GMs that try to call his bluff.

TD is a tough guy.

I am getting real sick of you people who come here stating something as fact when it is straight out false.

Stussy109, and all the other guys doing this, I doubt you are doing this to intentionally mislead others here, but at least have the balls to step up and sa you screwed up -- or prove you were right. There is no way I'm going to believe that you started a thread and then left the site before anyone called you out. The first post in this thread saying you were wrong came three damn minutes after you posted. Step up or get out!

I do however make the case that if TD does not get a draft pick to his liking, he will cut Travis. This would drive up his price and screw other GMs that try to call his bluff.

208960[/snapback]

Huh? This makes little sense to me in terms of logic.

If the Bills waive Travis he goes onto the waiver wire first and teams will get to claim him in reverse order of their record. If he is not claimed in 24 hours then he becomes a UFA. If I'm Miami. Cleveland, AZ or one of the teams that has supposedly expressed interest in acquiring Henry by trade, I would love this instead of trading for him, but actually SF which would have first shot at acquiring the remaining year on his contract even if they have no interest in him would probably grab hm anyway.

Is this what you mean by calling Maimi's bluff? It certinly would be dumb for the Bills to give him away for nothng.

I do however make the case that if TD does not get a draft pick to his liking, he will cut Travis.

TD is a tough guy.

208960[/snapback]

That's freaking idiotic. Cut Henry for nothing? Why? He's still a GREAT backup RB who's under contract for 1 more year.

I know you hate Henry so much, and God knows what he did to you personally, but please bring some common sense with you before posting.