Doug Marrones In Game Management - Is he really bad??

He has botched time management in multiple games. A couple times failing to challagenge plays, but I'm curious behind the analtyics of his challenge win%. It's got to be one of, if not the worst in the NFL?

On top of that he looked like Dick Jauron on the sideline.Lifeless.

IMO his in game management has been as bad as Jauron too.

IMO, this team and "it feels different this year" is running of the coat tails of Pettine and the defense.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is really stupid....marrone gets flak for his appearance on the sidelines....that's just the way he looks....he is not dumbfounded, confused....that's just the way he looks...give it up already.

Edited by zevo

Marrone rhymes with moron.

Not so much...

This thread is really stupid....marrone gets flak for his appearance on the sidelines....that's just the way he looks....he is dumbfounded, confused....that's just the way he looks...give it up already.

+1

He has botched time management in multiple games. A couple times failing to challagenge plays, but I'm curious behind the analtyics of his challenge win%. It's got to be one of, if not the worst in the NFL?

On top of that he looked like Dick Jauron on the sideline.Lifeless.

IMO his in game management has been as bad as Jauron too.

IMO, this team and "it feels different this year" is running of the coat tails of Pettine and the defense.

Really?

Can someone explain to me what Marrone does? He doesn't call the offense, he doesn't call the defense. Everytime they show him on tv he's just standing there not talking to anyone.

"What exactly is it that you DO HERE?" - office space

Although some posters are already sold on the job Marrone is doing, it is too early to make an informed evaluation. He is a rookie HC who is learning on the job, has made and will continue to make his share of game day mistakes. He does seem to have the support of the players as they are not quitting on him and the team has been in every game except today's.

Can someone explain to me what Marrone does? He doesn't call the offense, he doesn't call the defense. Everytime they show him on tv he's just standing there not talking to anyone.

This makes his in-game management that much worse.

The challenges weren't great but he was trying to get a spark for his overmatched treat on the road. I'll let it pass

Has he made a correct challenge all year?

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

So in other words his role is similar to 90% of the head coaches in the league. Got it.

Wow, this board is just over the top when the Bills lose.

Freddy insisted he challenge that TD. The second challenge didn't need to happen.

Marrone has clearly improved the mindset of the team, but he definitely has his rookie moments.

Good news is, I think he's doing at least as well as Chip Kelly!