Next On The Agenda: Immigration

Tiberius

Democrats and many Republicans want to get this done soon. A path to citizenship and basic rights should be created, it's just the right thing to do. Come on House of Reps, just get this done!

http://www.bloomberg...mmigration.html

My suggestion for immigration reform: give everyone a blanket amnesty in return for deporting your sorry ass to Mali.

My suggestion for immigration reform: give everyone a blanket amnesty in return for deporting your sorry ass to Mali.

But if you amnesty someone you can't deport them.

Where is your humanity? This is a human rights issue. I just don't get why people are so afraid of immigration reform

Obama’s New Immigration Pivot Isn’t About Immigration: It's about putting political pressure on House Republicans as elections approach.

President Obama called Thursday on the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to take up the comprehensive immigration bill passed by the Senate. “This is not an idea whose time has come,” Obama said, “This is an idea whose time has been around for years now. . . and this is the moment when we should be able to the job done.”

The move is the latest in a pattern of efforts by Democrats to increase political pressure on Republicans, who have already ruled out the Senate bill, in the hopes of using the issue in the 2014 and 2016 elections. President Barack Obama took the podium in the White House State Dining Room last week to mark the end of the shutdown and laid out his priorities for the coming months. At the top of the list was a renewed push for comprehensive immigration reform. Congressional Democrats likewise are onboard with the new push. “I look forward to the next venture, which is making sure we do immigration reform,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said last week.

But privately, administration officials and congressional Democrats admit that they are unlikely to get immigration reform through Congress any time soon. Minutes after Obama spoke, Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Speaker John Boehner released a statement rejecting Obama’s calls for a comprehensive plan. “The House will not consider any massive, Obamacare-style legislation that no one understands,” Buck wrote. “Instead, the House is committed to a common sense, step-by-step approach that gives Americans confidence that reform is done the right way.”

Read more: http://swampland.tim.../#ixzz2ilDzoxGY

You must have missed the Lead Rupublican Senator on Immigration reform remarks two days ago.

Sen. Marco Rubio’s statement that the chances for success on immigration reform are about dead.

Why? . . . . Because, said Sen. Rubio, there is “a lack of trust” in the president’s commitments. . . .

When belief in the average politician’s word diminishes, the political world marks him down and moves away. With the president of the United States, especially one in his second term, the costs of the credibility markdown become immeasurably greater. Ask the Saudis.

Obama’s New Immigration Pivot Isn’t About Immigration: It's about putting political pressure on House Republicans as elections approach.

President Obama called Thursday on the Republican-controlled House of Representatives to take up the comprehensive immigration bill passed by the Senate. “This is not an idea whose time has come,” Obama said, “This is an idea whose time has been around for years now. . . and this is the moment when we should be able to the job done.”

The move is the latest in a pattern of efforts by Democrats to increase political pressure on Republicans, who have already ruled out the Senate bill, in the hopes of using the issue in the 2014 and 2016 elections. President Barack Obama took the podium in the White House State Dining Room last week to mark the end of the shutdown and laid out his priorities for the coming months. At the top of the list was a renewed push for comprehensive immigration reform. Congressional Democrats likewise are onboard with the new push. “I look forward to the next venture, which is making sure we do immigration reform,” Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said last week.

But privately, administration officials and congressional Democrats admit that they are unlikely to get immigration reform through Congress any time soon. Minutes after Obama spoke, Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Speaker John Boehner released a statement rejecting Obama’s calls for a comprehensive plan. “The House will not consider any massive, Obamacare-style legislation that no one understands,” Buck wrote. “Instead, the House is committed to a common sense, step-by-step approach that gives Americans confidence that reform is done the right way.”

Read more: http://swampland.tim.../#ixzz2ilDzoxGY

You must have missed the Lead Rupublican Senator on Immigration reform remarks two days ago.

Sen. Marco Rubio’s statement that the chances for success on immigration reform are about dead.

Why? . . . . Because, said Sen. Rubio, there is “a lack of trust” in the president’s commitments. . . .

When belief in the average politician’s word diminishes, the political world marks him down and moves away. With the president of the United States, especially one in his second term, the costs of the credibility markdown become immeasurably greater. Ask the Saudis.

But....

"I still think immigration reform is an important subject that needs to be addressed. And I'm hopeful," Boehner told reporters at a Capitol Hill news conference when asked if the House can act in the remaining weeks.

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2013/10/23/house-speaker-john-boehner-says-may-bring-immigration-reform-bill-up-for-vote/

Where is your humanity? This is a human rights issue. I just don't get why people are so afraid of immigration reform

So becoming a citizen of the US is a human right? :huh:

The reason we're against (not afraid) of immigration reform is that we already have too many people here. That is our problem. You always cry for more jobs when bringing in more people doesn't solve that challenge does it.

And next up?? Let's fix one thing at a time.

Come to think of it...before you move on to "next on the agenda," wouldn't it help if you didn't FUBAR the first thing on your agenda?

If you're unable to build a workable website with a 3 1/2-year lead time and a billion dollars, in what world does anyone think you'll be competent about immigration?

Think about it. One website. Almost four years and a billion dollars. With insurers dropping people because of the law, and those people unable to sign up on a simple website to get their new coverage, people will now die because of ACA. (Progressive logic sucks in reverse, no?)

And you want to work on immigration?

What? You're not content just sentencing Americans to die?

What the !@#$ are you talking about? I didn't say deport everyone. I said give them amnesty. I said DEPORT YOU. In other words "All illegal aliens in the US as of a certain date shall be granted amnesty and given the opportunity to normalize their status. On the other hand, all !@#$tards like gatorman shall, regardless of citizenship, be deported to !@#$tardistan where they belong."

And I'm not saying that Mali is "!@#$tardistan." But in the absence of "!@#$tardistan," deporting you to a country with one of the lowest rates of internet access and usage, so we no longer have to deal with your ****, is an adequate substitution.

And I consider that - deporting you to !@#$tardistan - an eminently humane solution.

Edited by DC Tom

So becoming a citizen of the US is a human right? :huh:

The reason we're against (not afraid) of immigration reform is that we already have too many people here. That is our problem. You always cry for more jobs when bringing in more people doesn't solve that challenge does it.

And next up?? Let's fix one thing at a time.

Logic won't work Chef.

What the !@#$ are you talking about? I didn't say deport everyone. I said give them amnesty. I said DEPORT YOU. In other words "All illegal aliens in the US as of a certain date shall be granted amnesty and given the opportunity to normalize their status. On the other hand, all !@#$tards like gatorman shall, regardless of citizenship, be deported to !@#$tardistan where they belong."

And I'm not saying that Mali is "!@#$tardistan." But in the absence of "!@#$tardistan," deporting you to a country with one of the lowest rates of internet access and usage, so we no longer have to deal with your ****, is an adequate substitution.

And I consider that - deporting you to !@#$tardistan - an eminently humane solution.

Xanax STAT!!