How about Travis for Boldin

nodnarb

I'm 99% certain Boldin will not be traded; he hasn't signed an extension yet, but he will this off season--it's been called a top priority by Cards' brass. The sticking point may be that he could want more than Fitzgerald (and deservedly so, IMO).

The other names you guys brought up (Freddie Jones and LJ Shelton) very well could be invoilved in a trade. I'd say good riddence to bad rubbish in the case of Jones--he really stunk it up this year. He couldn't block my dead grandmother, he doesn't get any YAC, and even his pass-catching skilss seem to be diminishing.

Shelton, on the other hand, is a very good lineman. He battles some injuries this year, and fought himself (seeminly) out of Denny's dog house. i hope he sticks around, but that o-line will be blown up this offseason, and Shelton is a likely casualty, I think. It's be nice to get value for him in the form of Henry.

Personally, if I were the Cardinals, I'd probably start the bidding at a 4th rounder and Jones for Henry and go from there. I'd not want to give up more than a third this year, though.

208855[/snapback]

Yes, welcome!

Do you happen to know the contract situation of Shelton?

I'm 99% certain Boldin will not be traded; he hasn't signed an extension yet, but he will this off season--it's been called a top priority by Cards' brass. The sticking point may be that he could want more than Fitzgerald (and deservedly so, IMO).

The other names you guys brought up (Freddie Jones and LJ Shelton) very well could be invoilved in a trade. I'd say good riddence to bad rubbish in the case of Jones--he really stunk it up this year. He couldn't block my dead grandmother, he doesn't get any YAC, and even his pass-catching skilss seem to be diminishing.

Shelton, on the other hand, is a very good lineman. He battles some injuries this year, and fought himself (seeminly) out of Denny's dog house. i hope he sticks around, but that o-line will be blown up this offseason, and Shelton is a likely casualty, I think. It's be nice to get value for him in the form of Henry.

Personally, if I were the Cardinals, I'd probably start the bidding at a 4th rounder and Jones for Henry and go from there. I'd not want to give up more than a third this year, though.

208855[/snapback]

pariah... Jones wont happen.. he is a FA. Shelton may be a different story. He is still under contract after the extension he got is 2003

208855[/snapback]

I doubt very much the Bills get anything more than a 3rd or 4th for Travis in 2005...Had he stayed healthy and put up better numbers in 2004 it would be different, but he did not... I'm also guessing there will be a 2006 Conditional Pick involved IF a Team does not come up with the desired 2nd Rounder this year...

My guess is Travis will not be Traded for another Player, or Players...And the Trade will be something like a 4th Round Pick in 2005, along with a Conditional 2006 Pick that could be as high as a 2nd Rounder IF Henry Rushes for 1,200 yds., or scores 10 TD's, or something like that... :doh:

Yes, welcome!

Do you happen to know the contract situation of Shelton?

208865[/snapback]

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I think LJ signed a pretty posh extension before Green came on, so he's expensive. But, he can play LT and he's pretty decent, so I think he's worth quite a bit.

And, yeah, I forgot that Jones was a FA--I just got excited about the idea that someone else might want him.

I saw on anothewr thread that Bledsoe might be released after all (reported my mortenson, appearently). What do you guys think about that. Personally, I'd love to see Drew in the desert, but that's not an opinion shared universally by Cardinals fans.

Thanks for all the warm welcomes.

I think LJ signed a pretty posh extension before Green came on, so he's expensive. But, he can play LT and he's pretty decent, so I think he's worth quite a bit.

And, yeah, I forgot that Jones was a FA--I just got excited about the idea that someone else might want him.

I saw on anothewr thread that Bledsoe might be released after all (reported my mortenson, appearently). What do you guys think about that. Personally, I'd love to see Drew in the desert, but that's not an opinion shared universally by Cardinals fans.

208894[/snapback]

LJ expensive? Perhaps, but it depends on the signing bonus, which would count toward the cards cap should he be traded or cut.

How is Leonard Davis working out? Is he still a guard?

I was at RWS for the Bills/Cards game in October. The cards biggest problem appeared to be special teams, followed by rb and qb. I am guessing that Green will straighten this out in time, and that you guys will soon field a decent team.

not only do they have fans...but they are very unkind towards the Bills posters on their site.

208947[/snapback]

One of my goals in life is to actually meet a Cards fan, just to make sure they arent imaginary. Finding a Cards fan and seeing them face to face would be roughly the same as finding Bigfoot for me.

WOW...if thats what passes for a message board today, SDS needs to be honored as a deity. 

After I did some snooping, I found another message board as well...check out the Arizona Cards official message board on their website...essentially its a bunch of 13 year olds saying "The Cardz r 2 cool 4 skool!!!1!!1!1!!!!11!"

208800[/snapback]

So they're just like our fans, only positive instead of negative? :doh:

CW

One of my goals in life is to actually meet a Cards fan, just to make sure they arent imaginary.  Finding a Cards fan and seeing them face to face would be roughly the same as finding Bigfoot for me.

208957[/snapback]

My family is from Buffalo but all of them moved to Phoenix and everybody remained loyal to the Bills except for my grandfather, who is now a Cards fan. I thought Bills fans were myopic, but my grandfather is the worst. No matter what moves they make in the offseason the Cards are super bowl contenders and he doesn't understand why ESPN et al are not picking them to win.

My family is from Buffalo but all of them moved to Phoenix and everybody remained loyal to the Bills except for my grandfather, who is now a Cards fan.  I thought Bills fans were myopic, but my grandfather is the worst. No matter what moves they make in the offseason the Cards are super bowl contenders and he doesn't understand why ESPN et al are not picking them to win.

209039[/snapback]

if you want the most knowledge and passion re: cards fans go to asfn (i think one of the links has been posted).

as for boldin for travis . . . pass the bong.

shelton for travis could happen as green is not enamored with shelton.

most on the board would accept a third for travis.

unfortunately for y'all this is a bad year to try to move a rb. when you consider all the rb free agents (alexander, james, jordan, taylor, blaylock) potential trades (bennett, henry, larry johnson) and the depth at the position in the draft (r.brown, cadillac, benson, reyes, morency, sproles, d. williams, arrington, etc.) it's more of a buyer's market than seller's market.

Pariah -

welcome to the Stadium Wall!

208858[/snapback]

First and foremost, fans, Freddie Jones is an unrestricted free agent! I, too, think that the Cardinals are the most likely destination for Travis Henry. They would be smart (for a change) IF they made this trade!