How about Travis for Boldin

nodnarb

Cards Message Board

208798[/snapback]

WOW...if thats what passes for a message board today, SDS needs to be honored as a deity.

After I did some snooping, I found another message board as well...check out the Arizona Cards official message board on their website...essentially its a bunch of 13 year olds saying "The Cardz r 2 cool 4 skool!!!1!!1!1!!!!11!"

seriously, thats a pie-in-the sky suggestion, for a mor erealistic WR trade suggestion with the cardinals see the following thread http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?showtopic=16300

Note: Johnson was the 18th pick in the draft that year, drafted even higher than Mr Willis.

208786[/snapback]

doesnt matter where he was drafted at. all that matters now is, how good is he?

we still need an OG and CB.

not to mention a quality LT.

and DT might be a question depending on how Anderson or another backup can do as a starter.

What I find interesting is that there is going to be around 6-7 teams gunning for Shaun Alexander when he becomes a free agent. I can honestly say that I'm sure the Cards are the last team on his list, mainly because of their cheap owner and how he can probably get better deals and play for better run teams. The Cards would be wise to get Travis now instead of hitting the panic button in free agency after Alexander signs on the first day.

I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, I'd do that trade yesterday. I'd trade the !@#$ing sh-- out of that trade. The Cardinals market Boldin, though. I think he is "their guy" when it comes to building the team, advertising and promotions, selling season tickets. I don't think they are going to trade him for anyone anytime soon.

I'm 99% certain Boldin will not be traded; he hasn't signed an extension yet, but he will this off season--it's been called a top priority by Cards' brass. The sticking point may be that he could want more than Fitzgerald (and deservedly so, IMO).

The other names you guys brought up (Freddie Jones and LJ Shelton) very well could be invoilved in a trade. I'd say good riddence to bad rubbish in the case of Jones--he really stunk it up this year. He couldn't block my dead grandmother, he doesn't get any YAC, and even his pass-catching skilss seem to be diminishing.

Shelton, on the other hand, is a very good lineman. He battles some injuries this year, and fought himself (seeminly) out of Denny's dog house. i hope he sticks around, but that o-line will be blown up this offseason, and Shelton is a likely casualty, I think. It's be nice to get value for him in the form of Henry.

Personally, if I were the Cardinals, I'd probably start the bidding at a 4th rounder and Jones for Henry and go from there. I'd not want to give up more than a third this year, though.

I'm 99% certain Boldin will not be traded; he hasn't signed an extension yet, but he will this off season--it's been called a top priority by Cards' brass. The sticking point may be that he could want more than Fitzgerald (and deservedly so, IMO).

The other names you guys brought up (Freddie Jones and LJ Shelton) very well could be invoilved in a trade. I'd say good riddence to bad rubbish in the case of Jones--he really stunk it up this year. He couldn't block my dead grandmother, he doesn't get any YAC, and even his pass-catching skilss seem to be diminishing.

Shelton, on the other hand, is a very good lineman. He battles some injuries this year, and fought himself (seeminly) out of Denny's dog house. i hope he sticks around, but that o-line will be blown up this offseason, and Shelton is a likely casualty, I think. It's be nice to get value for him in the form of Henry.

Personally, if I were the Cardinals, I'd probably start the bidding at a 4th rounder and Jones for Henry and go from there. I'd not want to give up more than a third this year, though.

208855[/snapback]

Pariah -

welcome to the Stadium Wall!