Just a few things about these Bills

DR109

I'm always amazed at how we can be one of the most consistent scoring teams in the league, and even after a win, it's just a whine-feat about Hackett.

He is putting the team in a place to score, and we are scoring (a lot) of points. We won , were on the rise, and Hackett is showing he is putting an offense run by a UDFA in a place to win.

I get he's young, and not the best OC in the league, but the guy is getting the job done.

You call 16 points a lot bc that's all the offense scored today

Hackett calls play without any plan or regard for the down and distance. He doesn't adjust at all and seems to only put 5 plays in the game plan every week

Why is it whenever they line up in I formation they seem to run well but he refuses to stick with it

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus he started with a rookie at the QB position and now has a QB who is starting 12 days after being taken off the practice squad. Hackett is doing a fine job given the tools he has to work with.

and a couple of pretty banged up running backs. Perhaps he should get some credit for keeping things together with all the offense has gone through with the injuries.

I can't believe people are complaining about this coaching staff. This team is young and has a long ways to go for sure, but it is the coaching staff that has kept them competitive with all of the injuries and given them opportunities to win each and every week. Better than the previous three regimes by a mile already and we are only 7 games into their first season.

Amen, brother.

Great win, especially in Miami!

Danny Crossman should be gone by the next time we play.

With Hackett, it's the mental, game management side that is so frustrating. I blame the Fins score at the end of the 1st half on him. We get the ball with 1:47 to go, at the least, run the clock down so they don't have a chance to score, three bad plays, boom, they get ball and march down for a score.

That was just bad clock management all the way around, whether it by the OC or Head Coach. And what is most problematic, it's not the first time it has happened this year. They all have to get better at this aspect of the game.

Nonetheless, the team have been competitive every game .... and is certainly getting better.

That's how I felt about the clock management before miami scored before the half. If we run it on first down, I doubt Miami calls a timeout and would have been ok with going into halftime by holding us to no score before the half.

I don't know enough about x's and o's to complain about scheme and play calling, but i like the demeanor and aggressiveness of the coaching staff and I generally think the FO has done a good job with the personnel on this team. BUT... they never should have allowed this team to go into Week 5 with the only active QB behind EJ a UDFA rookie. I don't care what anyone says about practice squad this and roster spots that.... the QB is the most important positino on the team and you need to find a way to have had Thad on the active 53 instead of Tuel or in addition to Tuel, however they wanted to play it. Tuel was PS eligible at the time. The Cleveland game was a horrible loss and a game they just can't lose if they want to have a decent record looking at the rest of the opponents. And while the defense and ST came up very small in that game at times as well, I blame that loss on not being prepared at the most important position on the team.

Bull. This is why "stats" are overrated.

People keep pulling out this "we are 1 of 2 teams to score 20 every week" nonsense. They neglect to point out that in 7 games, we also have YET to score 25. And if you take away the defensive touchdowns, our offense scored only 14 against the Patriots and only 16 today. That is not "a lot" of points.

If you were to break it down, you would also find that most of our offensive points have come from big plays (such as the deep touchdown throw to Goodwin in Cincinnati or CJ's run against the Browns). Although these plays are awesome, it only amplifies the FACT that we are NOT sustaining drives. You want to pull out some stats about consistency? How do we rank against other teams in 3-outs? How many scoring drives have we had of 7 or more plays?

BEST post in this thread. And I see no one has bothered to counter it.....because they really can't.

These Bills need 3+ gift turnovers to win games by 2 points. These Bills sure are different.

That's funny - please explain what a GIFT turnover is!? Like, our D didn't have anything do with the turnovers in the game, please...

And yeah, they're different, they WON.

I'm always amazed at how we can be one of the most consistent scoring teams in the league, and even after a win, it's just a whine-feat about Hackett.

He is putting the team in a place to score, and we are scoring (a lot) of points. We won , were on the rise, and Hackett is showing he is putting an offense run by a UDFA in a place to win.

I get he's young, and not the best OC in the league, but the guy is getting the job done.

Especially playing his 4th string QB and Gimpy Running Backs.

That's funny - please explain what a GIFT turnover is!? Like, our D didn't have anything do with the turnovers in the game, please...

And yeah, they're different, they WON.

An awful throw into a clearly covered receiver? A gift pick that is a lucky deflection? We barely won against the Pats when we got 4 lucky picks back in 2011. We won against the Ravens this year, but we needed FIVE picks, two inside their own 30, and we still only won by a score. Today, we got mandhandled in literally every category of the game, but luck bailed us out again. Just wait for the luck to run out. We were saying, "this team is so different," in 2011 at 5-2 remember? Until we can beat a good team without needing a horrific collapse on the other side, we won't have a winning season. Sometimes you need to actually outplay a good team to be "good". Until then, you aren't.

An awful throw into a clearly covered receiver? A gift pick that is a lucky deflection? We barely won against the Pats when we got 4 lucky picks back in 2011. We won against the Ravens this year, but we needed FIVE picks, two inside their own 30, and we still only won by a score. Today, we got mandhandled in literally every category of the game, but luck bailed us out again. Just wait for the luck to run out. We were saying, "this team is so different," in 2011 at 5-2 remember? Until we can beat a good team without needing a horrific collapse on the other side, we won't have a winning season. Sometimes you need to actually outplay a good team to be "good". Until then, you aren't.

I understand what you're saying overall but I also think you may just be one of these angry fans where if we went 16-0 you would say we suck and were lucky. I dunno.

The 1st pick was far from luck and he was not anywhere near clearly covered. Robey broke on the receiver and make a nice pick. The 2nd one who cares. The 3rd turnover was the result of Mario doing what he's paid to do and get to the QB...was that luck too?

Look I hear what your saying and we have a long way to go but you can sense a different vibe and steadiness about this new thing. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win another game all year but I still think we're on the come. Every team needs breaks to win in the this league...some teams get more breaks than others too it seems......so take them as they come.

I understand what you're saying overall but I also think you may just be one of these angry fans where if we went 16-0 you would say we suck and were lucky. I dunno.

The 1st pick was far from luck and he was not anywhere near clearly covered. Robey broke on the receiver and make a nice pick. The 2nd one who cares. The 3rd turnover was the result of Mario doing what he's paid to do and get to the QB...was that luck too?

Look I hear what your saying and we have a long way to go but you can sense a different vibe and steadiness about this new thing. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't win another game all year but I still think we're on the come. Every team needs breaks to win in the this league...some teams get more breaks than others too it seems......so take them as they come.

I'm happy with a Bills win, but you have to admit picking Flacco off 5 times is absurd and unlikely to happen against another team this year, let alone enough to go 9-7.

Like a post said above, we don't win sustainably. We haven't in 3+ years. What game have we won this year where the opposition hasn't had their worst game of the season? The Panthers game, maybe? We're the kind of team that can only beat the worst teams in the league decisively. That's why the Patriots are pretty much doomed to a one-and-done in the playoffs this year. They haven't won a game against a decent or good team except by the skin of their teeth and a few lucky bounces. With the Bills, unless Brees throws 4 picks, or Pierre Thomas laterals the football on their own 1 yard line so we can score a TD, we don't have a chance to win.

You're right on the Robey pick, but if we didn't get that second pick, the Phins score another TD. And if we didn't win another game this year, I wouldn't say we're on the "up." So far, the unanimous proof that we are getting better is because we haven't been blown out yet. And I assure you, the game against the Saints may be the end of that little streak.

You create your own "luck." We've been watching teams get all the bounces against Buffalo for years, and now that we are getting a couple of good bounces, we cant accept it. Amazing.

I'm usually pretty cynical, but it looks like things are trending upwards. I'll take this win and enjoy it. You can keep chewing on your lemons over there.

I'll agree that the 1st & 3rd takeaways are about as good/unlucky as it gets for a defense.

There is still something to be said for takeaways and their lack of sustainability, as a lot of us tried pointing out in 2011 (and were mocked for it). Team interceptions vary a lot from year to year; often with similar personnel and coaching on defense.

What is sustainable is good offense - which we don't have now or have ever had this year. We should stop pretending otherwise. The above mentioned rookie QB, practice squad QB, rookie OC, injured RB's, playing tough defenses, etc. may very well be valid excuses/reasons for that. But whatever the reasons are the offense is not good & you don't need to be a miserable scrooge to see that.

I can counter it. The Bills won. They've been tied or ahead in the 4th quarter of ALL seven games. Yet now you are finding fault with the WAY they are scoring. Amazing.

I'm thrilled the Bills won. But they were still thoroughly outplayed today, and still sit with a 3-4 record.

I would love to proudly proclaim the Bills are on their way. But there is still a lot of garbage on this team that needs fixing. We won't get saved by turnovers every week. I can't get too excited, because I know that without a couple amazing plays by Robey and Mario, this is another loss. If Hackett doesn't improve his play calling, we are at a disadvantage every week.

Bull. This is why "stats" are overrated.

People keep pulling out this "we are 1 of 2 teams to score 20 every week" nonsense. They neglect to point out that in 7 games, we also have YET to score 25. And if you take away the defensive touchdowns, our offense scored only 14 against the Patriots and only 16 today. That is not "a lot" of points.

If you were to break it down, you would also find that most of our offensive points have come from big plays (such as the deep touchdown throw to Goodwin in Cincinnati or CJ's run against the Browns). Although these plays are awesome, it only amplifies the FACT that we are NOT sustaining drives. You want to pull out some stats about consistency? How do we rank against other teams in 3-outs? How many scoring drives have we had of 7 or more plays?

Totally agree dude!

There are lots of stats NAZI's out there who manipulate stats to make a point as well as politicians do.

It doesn't take a genius to see that this team doesn't sustain drives well. In order to have confidence in the offense, you want to see them move the chains consistently. They don't do that well at all. That is why I think this offense is below average. They have a long, long way to go on offense, starting at quarterback.

Anyone who wants to claim that this Bills offense is in the same league as Denver's offense just because the end score of games has been over 20 is pulling the wool over their own eyes. Comparing the Bills offense to Denver's offense is ridiculous. They are not even close.

I have to agree about hackett sucking....I've saying it all year myself. I think his poor calls at the worst times had resulted in leaving a lot on the field. Run, RUn, 3rd and long, throw short and pray Stevie or somebody can break a tackle for a 1st down. He is honestly beyond awful.

But at the end of the day I'm a huge Bills fan so I hope that rookie OC improves at a fast pace so the talent on O can be realized....he's holding the team back IMO.

Agree on this ST coach....we almost lose that game there on the runback......

But again...we WON, ON the ROAD, in the division!!!!!! 1st time since 2010 if anybody is paying attention :)

Go Bills

So stop bitching?