Official 2nd Half Thread - Bills and Fins

BuffaloBill

• Replies 395
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Other members have pointed out an unacceptably large number of questionable offensive calls this season. I have nothing against Hackett and maybe he is the wunderkind of the future, but to put him in the OC position with ZERO NFL experience (in anything) is a real head-scratcher. The three throws at the end of the first half is prime example - gave them a TD for no reason. There have been many more. If Marrone wants to bring up Junior, fine, make him QB coach or line coach or something, not OC. Imagine if we had a Pettine-level OC . . . we'd be undefeated . . .

not with our QBs

Hackett also has zero experience as a professional football coach. He has no business being our OC.

Actually he does. Before his three-year stint at Syracuse, Hackett spent four seasons in the NFL as an offensive quality control coach with the Buffalo Bills (2008-09) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2006-07). I'll take him over you any day.

Anyone here who claims they can coordinate an NFL offense better than Hackett is a delusional idiot.

You guys do realize that we are starting Thad Lewis and our top two backs are nowhere close to 100%, right?

We won a division game we would not have won last year. We are a better team.

Anyone here who claims they can coordinate an NFL offense better than Hackett is a delusional idiot.

You guys do realize that we are starting Thad Lewis and our top two backs are nowhere close to 100%, right?

This. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Shhhh!!! You're talking way too much sense for a gameday thread.

You guys do realize that we are starting Thad Lewis and our top two backs are nowhere close to 100%, right?many think

I think the consensus is that many think they can do a better job calling plays. We are not talking about developing game plans, schemes, plays and things like that. Anyone with football back ground (playing or coaching) can read the Bills play book. Chart out down and distance plays, game time situations and things along those lines. Will they be successful? Who knows. It is up to the players to execute the play. Just have to put them in the position to succeed. Let them dream.

Those stats are great but we can still be objective to certain things that happen on the football field.

For instance, we tried at least three times quick swing passes that went nowhere, they didn't work and they kept insisting with them. Hackett needs to open things up at times when we have a lead, he's too cautious and his redzone sequence of plays don't make much sense at times.

Bingo! Exactamundo. Redzone calls have been terrible mostly on 1st n goal. Run up the middle 3 straight times for no gain.

What I am telling you is that what you think you are seeing may not be entirely correct because you have exactly zero experience as a professional football coach. And I'm also telling you that the OC does more than just call the plays, therefore there is absolutely nobody on this board that can hope to do a better job than the coaches we have.

First off I reserve the right to express my opinion as do you and mine is Hackett does a piss poor job of making in game adjustments and it has cost us games this season. I will respect your opinion but mine is I think Hackett is in over his head and needs to do a better job.

Edited by LVBillsBackr

I think the consensus is that many think they can do a better job calling plays. We are not talking about developing game plans, schemes, plays and things like that. Anyone with football back ground (playing or coaching) can read the Bills play book. Chart out down and distance plays, game time situations and things along those lines. Will they be successful? Who knows. It is up to the players to execute the play. Just have to put them in the position to succeed. Let them dream.

They're wrong.