Blake Bortles: Do the Bills take a shot at 9 ? Turns Pro

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bortles certainly goes after Teddy & most likely Johnny. Teddy is the real deal; he has the best arm talent. He completed 71% of his passes for 4k yards and 31 TDs vs. 4 INTs. He's the guy.

They're fitting him for his uniform in Houston as we speak...I would be seriously surprised if he does not go #1 overall... B-)

It seems like defense is a lost art in college football.

Guys running wide open for both teams.

It's my impression that lots of the bowl games have been like this.

That's why the teams that actually have good defenses like Alabama and LSU win national championships and why Auburn will not

They're fitting him for his uniform in Houston as we speak...I would be seriously surprised if he does not go #1 overall... B-)

He looks like a good QB but he won't be going first to Texans over Bridgewater

Edited by Max997

Looks to me like Bortles needs some seasoning.. well advised to stay in school and spend another year learning nuances of the position. Dudes footwork and mechanics are all over the place, but looks like he possesses some talent

Looks to me like Bortles needs some seasoning.. well advised to stay in school and spend another year learning nuances of the position. Dudes footwork and mechanics are all over the place, but looks like he possesses some talent

Is it just me or does Bortles' playing style resemble Tim Tebow a bit?

I was actually pondering the same thing and now that you mention it, I'm seeing some resemblance. His release is all sorts of wacky. Good observation :)

Edited by Sumin

But he's EJ so he has to be better.

And I don't want to see like I'm hating in this kid. I wish him well. I just hate the mentality of trying to replace a rookie Qb after one year. It's whacked.

To expand the conversation to a more realistic width, who are this year's Andy Dalton, Colin Kapernick, Russell Wilson, and Nick Foles?

I think that moves things into a very unrealistic area of expectation.

Dalton & Kaepernick were virtually 1st rounders(pick 35 & 36).......and you'll find that Wilson and Foles(assuming that they remain very good QBs) are very much the exeptions to the rule. The rule being that the chances of finding a very good QB ouside of the 1st round(or very top of the 2nd) are extremely slim(vitually non existent).

I think that moves things into a very unrealistic area of expectation.

Dalton & Kaepernick were virtually 1st rounders(pick 35 & 36).......and you'll find that Wilson and Foles(assuming that they remain very good QBs) are very much the exeptions to the rule. The rule being that the chances of finding a very good QB ouside of the 1st round(or very top of the 2nd) are extremely slim(vitually non existent).

True but the cost is also reduced so it's a valid path from a risk-reward standpoint.

And I don't absolve Nix for passing up on Dalton, Kaepernick and Russell Wilson.

I'll forgive him if EJ pans out though.

True but the cost is also reduced so it's a valid path from a risk-reward standpoint.

And I don't absolve Nix for passing up on Dalton, Kaepernick and Russell Wilson.

I'll forgive him if EJ pans out though.

A valid path to what though?

It seems like defense is a lost art in college football.

Guys running wide open for both teams.

It's my impression that lots of the bowl games have been like this.

Sad but true.

Now the Rose bowl was awesome, Smashmouth football at it's finest (and Michigan St. won :thumbsup: )

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian