Next two games are against teams off their bye

Rubes

First Miami (off last week), then New Orleans (off this week), both on the road. Man, does that suck. Then we get the (likely) undefeated Chiefs and their top-5 defense.

We must have really pissed someone off this year.

Edited by Rubes

Here are the times this year that each NFL team is forced to play an opponent off a bye week:

Three Games =

Buffalo, Carolina

Two Games =

Houston, San Diego, Chicago, Arizona

One Game =

NY Jets, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Denver, Oakland, Dallas, Washington, NY Giants, Philadelphia, Detroit, Green Bay, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, New Orleans, St. Louis

None =

New England, Miami, Baltimore, Jacksonville, Kansas City, Minnesota, Seattle, San Francisco

Guess who hasn't faced a team with extra prep time (coming off of Thursdays game or bye week) in 2 full seasons? The Cheats*

Edit: My mistake, they played a team coming off of a Thursday game last season, but still, the Pats have the most favorable schedule in the NFL over 2 seasons in terms of extra rest and prep time.

Edited by mountainwampus

Bottom line - if this team is what they (and we) think they are, they can compete with and defeat anyone. If they need a favorable schedule to post a good records, that is only masking the problem. I still say 8-8 this year to show the rebuild is moving in the right direction and then another 2 game improvement next year puts us where we want to be. A reasonable expectation I believe.

I've always wondered why they don't standardize the bye issue ... How difficult would it be to have teams play another team coming off of a bye? Or ... Have an entire division off on a week and follow up with divisional games?

I've always wondered why they don't standardize the bye issue ... How difficult would it be to have teams play another team coming off of a bye? Or ... Have an entire division off on a week and follow up with divisional games?

If they do that, The Bills wouldn't be sufficiently screwed. The Refs would have to cheat a little more to make up for the deficit.

First Miami (off last week), then New Orleans (off this week), both on the road. Man, does that suck. Then we get the (likely) undefeated Chiefs and their top-5 defense.

Was thinking about this yesterday...especially the road part. We got the Bengals at home after our mini bye as well.

Wonder what the percentage of teams that play at home after a bye looks like? Wonder if it's planned that way if its a high number?

Also, I know Prolly not easy, but I have to think there is a way, once the bye weeks have begun, to have teams who both had byes play the Thursday night ....yes, you may need to not have Thursday night ears in December , but from a competitive standpoint, that would be much fairer.

If they do that, The Bills wouldn't be sufficiently screwed. The Refs would have to cheat a little more to make up for the deficit.

Bingo! That's the reason why. I'm just glad we aren't playing the Pats after their bye week this year...like we always do.

What did the Bills do coming off their bye week? It means nothing.

What did the Bills do coming off their bye week? It means nothing.

Ask the people who play and coach the game that. I read an article last year where multiple coaches said extra time and lack thereof was very key in how they looked at the difficulty of their schedule....