vText disabled!!!

Corp000085

I have a big problem with this.

I have a smart phone and the app but I generally keep my data turned off because I don't need it. Even when on I discontinue background data to control the data and manage my battery.

This means I will not get breaking info.

I have a big problem with this.

I have a smart phone and the app but I generally keep my data turned off because I don't need it. Even when on I discontinue background data to control the data and manage my battery.

This means I will not get breaking info.

I'll call you every time something happens.

Here's the question that I can't seem to get answered: Do we no longer get text alerts, or do we have to keep this Bills app running. ... And yes, I keep track of what the Bills announce to fans, because at various times they get that stuff out before the team issues updates to the media.

One example: Thad Lewis' promotion.

jw

Here's the question that I can't seem to get answered: Do we no longer get text alerts, or do we have to keep this Bills app running. ... And yes, I keep track of what the Bills announce to fans, because at various times they get that stuff out before the team issues updates to the media.

jw

I don't have the app running all the time, and it pops up the updates anyway (must run in the background). I've noticed that the app updates have been appearing faster than the texts recently. I'm guessing on purpose.

jw

You don't have to keep it open. I don't ever have the app running, but I elected to receive the pushed notifications and they show up as an alert. You won't be missing anything.

Btw, I'm on android. The alert is a little bills logo on the top of the screen. Not sure about iPhones. I assume it's the same.

Edited by Thisistheyear

Jw it is a background data app. If your background data is enabled it will get the push notifications. Otherwise you may have to actively be using the app. You can set your phone to push certain apps and data but I am not sure the Bills App will have this option

Its a terrible idea.