Geno Smith MNF - Falcons/Jets

Geno Smith is looking great tonight. I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but in the back of my mind I keep questioning if the Bills FO made another draft blunder by passing on him.

I believe in E.J.'s potential but watching Smith throw deep and accurate passes makes me jealous.

I hope Marrone and co. take off whatever reigns they may have on E.J.'s playbook and let him loose.

Edited by It's in My Blood

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Falcons have a bad pass rush and the Jets have a good pass defense. That's a recipe for the Jets having a chance tonight.

Naturally I didn't bother to think about that when I made my survivor pool pick. :doh:

The jets are so physical on both lines. They can really manhandle soft teams like the Bills and Falcons

The jets are so physical on both lines. They can really manhandle soft teams like the Bills and Falcons

Ask Baltimore and Cleveland how "soft" we were...

Look forward to playing the Jets again using our man blocking scheme instead of the zone blocking scheme we used the first 3 games...last 3 games we used man blocking we ran for 350+ yards against the #3 and #4 run defenses....

Ask Baltimore and Cleveland how "soft" we were...

Look forward to playing the Jets again using our man blocking scheme instead of the zone blocking scheme we used the first 3 games...last 3 games we used man blocking we ran for 350+ yards against the #3 and #4 run defenses....

Bottom line is jets kick our butts up front whenever we play them lately with the exception of the last game last season when they packed it in and ran for the bus

I think the Falcons secondary is terrible...similar to our team playing the Jets minus Gilmore, Brooks, Byrd and Leodis. EJ has played some stout defenses.

Lets be objective and take off the homer goggles; it's not as if Geno is playing teams in the CFL. How many playmakers do Geno have on that offense?

Edited by bobobonators

Lets be objective and take off the homer goggles; it's not as if Geno is playing teams in the CFL. How many playmakers do Geno have on that offense?

Looked to me like all but one or two of his completions were to players without defenders near them. He did throw a beautiful pass to Cumberland near the goal line who was covered well. But most all his completions he had all day and wide open receivers. He will start to fade soon. I'll bet on it. It already started.

Geno is playing great really throwing darts. That being said he is playing pitch and catch there is zero pass rush. The Jets O line is solid. I still like EJ over Smith but I do think the Bills have lost ground to both the Jets and Miami in overall team strength. The Bills are number four in a four team division.

Looked to me like all but one or two of his completions were to players without defenders near them. He did throw a beautiful pass to Cumberland near the goal line who was covered well. But most all his completions he had all day and wide open receivers. He will start to fade soon. I'll bet on it. It already started.

Even if he does fade, which I agree he most likely will, he still played a great 1st half. Taking shots downfield. Accurate throwing. Recognizing the blitz. Knowing when to tuck it and run.

If he wasn't a Jet, I'd be a fan of his. If he was a Bill, I'd be salivating at his potential over the next few years.

Geno isn't getting held back like EJ. He's being allowed to run around and chuck it down field and make plays/mistakes. They are giving him enough rope to hang himself in other words but if he can persevere then he's going to do well (unfortunately) but I'm hoping he fails of course and goes the way of Sanchez as yet another Jets QB to fail

Geno isn't getting held back like EJ. He's being allowed to run around and chuck it down field and make plays/mistakes. They are giving him enough rope to hang himself in other words but if he can persevere then he's going to do well (unfortunately) but I'm hoping he fails of course and goes the way of Sanchez as yet another Jets QB to fail

Agree. Marrone/Hackett need to stop coddling E.J.and let him dictate.

I was a fan of genos skillset coming out but I think we sway too much week to week. He's a talented young player who may or may not put it together. A game in the first half of his rookie year won't be defining in that. Talented but a long way to go.