Did the Bills make a gaffe choosing Manuel over Smith?

Geno Smith is barely clinging to his starting job. The only things saving him are his defense, and playing against the Falcon's secondary. Has he shown more arm talent, in spurts, than EJ has shown us? Yes. Do I wish we had taken Geno over EJ? No. Have some patience. The turds will sink to the bottom sooner than later.

Defense... & Sanchez

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously??? I haven't even read one response...waste of time as I know most feel the way I do with this ridiculous post. I'd love to see your waiver wire pick ups in your fantasy league...every guy that has a 100 yards and TD each week ends up on your bench every week, right?

Seriously??? I haven't even read one response...waste of time as I know most feel the way I do with this ridiculous post. I'd love to see your waiver wire pick ups in your fantasy league...every guy that has a 100 yards and TD each week ends up on your bench every week, right?

The topic is silly. Im happy w EJ. But make no mistake that i wanted bills to draft Geno, just look at my post history. Instead the clown goes to the circus and we get to see him perform 2x a year against us. UGH.

Ridiculous? Really? So far this season we've seen Geno engineer to game winning drives. Also in head to head matchup, he totally outplayed EJ. Seems to me that Geno is progressing much faster than EJ.

Time will tell. I'm happy with EJ so far though. Firmly believe that EJ will be better long term. Honestly feel that Geno is immature and a "me first" kind of guy and will show he is not suitable to be a long term franchise QB. But that's just my opinion.

Ridiculous? Really? So far this season we've seen Geno engineer to game winning drives. Also in head to head matchup, he totally outplayed EJ. Seems to me that Geno is progressing much faster than EJ.

So has EJ, and EJ did it against better defenses. It's undeniable that Geno throws a better ball than EJ. But it's way too early to call the careers at this point. Sanchez looked great as a rookie, and Aikman sucked.

nope. Just lucky he played a Bills defense that was down to their 4th best CB as their starter. I'd take EJ with those odds too. Edited by mrags

I guess if you selectively filter out the games when he throws 3 picks (NE) and other games when he turns the ball over 4 times (TN), it probably would seem like it.

Bottom line is that Marrone had great success against Geno in the Cuse/WVU rivalry and as a result, couldn't bring himself to drafting him. Can't blame Doug for that line of thinking but three years from now (and probably much sooner - like tonight) everyone will be kicking themselves. And I'm not just saying it because of tonight. Geno is much more instinctive and has the "it" factor. EJ is a great athlete but is very mechanical and just not a natural at the position.

When it's all said and done, I don't think we will regret passing on Geno in a few years. For the time being, I am okay with him playing well so Bills fans and hopefully the Bills front office realize that playing QB in the NFL is easy, even for rookies. Countless other examples in recent years as well. It's obvious we need to go back to the drawing board with another 1st round QB in the 2014 draft. The only gaffe the Bills could really make is marrying themselves to EJ for no good reason at all.

Bottom line is that Marrone had great success against Geno in the Cuse/WVU rivalry and as a result, couldn't bring himself to drafting him. Can't blame Doug for that line of thinking but three years from now (and probably much sooner - like tonight) everyone will be kicking themselves. And I'm not just saying it because of tonight. Geno is much more instinctive and has the "it" factor. EJ is a great athlete but is very mechanical and just not a natural at the position.

Marrone had great success running for 300 yds against a POS wv defense. Unfortunately hacketts run up the middle plays with spiller dont cut it when wilfork is on the other side.

And the jets also have a better overall team.

Reality.

Indeed

Geno Smith is barely clinging to his starting job. The only things saving him are his defense, and playing against the Falcon's secondary. Has he shown more arm talent, in spurts, than EJ has shown us? Yes. Do I wish we had taken Geno over EJ? No. Have some patience. The turds will sink to the bottom sooner than later.

Good post, and thanks for the sanity check

I think more than anything Geno and EJ have already shown they have legit potential as starting QB's, and both were worthy of 1st round picks...Geno's slide was obviously due to the attitude questions...He's got the ability and the tools for sure...It should be interesting to see how Glennon does as time goes on...But the fact that there are already 3 starters at QB from this Draft class has to have some scouts surprised... B-)