New England yesterday 0 penalties for 0 yards

zow2

I know it's not surprising. I know we B word about it all the time. But it still kinda makes me sick. Mostly because I can picture the ugly befreckled mugs of all the idiot obnoxious Pats* fans I know who would chalk this up to good coaching, never for a second acknowledging something about this being off.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not surprising

they got no calls because they were good and now they get no calls due to pity

speaking of no calls The Roncos' got away with a few yesterday

The Broncos are playing by a completely different rulebook than the rest of the NFL. On Decker's 57 yard catch he used a stiff arm on his defender before the ball got there to gain separation, while Demarcus Ware had his helmet pulled off by the facemask. There was a flag on the play, but on the Cowboys.

Edited by mountainwampus

and they (Ronco's) are getting set up for a HUGE fall,

To date no team that has lead the league in passing yards and TDs' scored has ever won a SB.

not to mention no defense 500 passing yards against???!!

WOW

They remind of the year GB went like 15-1 and failed, also the 18-0 Pats losing to the Giants. Denver is playing amazing offense but they peaked too soon. The league will catch up sooner or later.

The Pats* get every call. The NFL will do anything they can to protect Marsha Brady. They rarley call holding on the Pats. Mario was held repeatedly during the game vs. the Pats, nothing called. It's pathetic, and someone needs to call the NFL out on it. Also, I'm sure Talib was committing pass interference all over on AJ Green. The Pats* are a joke. They can't win w/o cheating.

Gregg Easterbrook has written several times in his TMQ column about the statistical impossibility of a team like NE throwing as often as they do and never being called for holding. It is an open secret, which one could argue has always favored the good teams. It is rather like how basketball refs call traveling and double dribble all the time in JV high school games and almost never in the NBA. It is also maddening.

I was watching that play on my phone and I almost threw it. The funny part was watching Brady knowing it was against the Bengals as the flag was in the air. I'm hoping the Saints throttle the Pats.

As long as they dont' touch Brady they should be fine, since the NFL is going to call clean hits on Brady as late hits.

They remind of the year GB went like 15-1 and failed, also the 18-0 Pats losing to the Giants. Denver is playing amazing offense but they peaked too soon. The league will catch up sooner or later.

The league has been trying to catch up with Peyton manning for the last ten years what makes you think it will happen now

What? In the stats you nicely provide this is the first penalty free game in 10 yeaqrs. This event is NOT unheard of but by your stats I would say it is quite uncommon . At any rate the key for us is to see this game highlighted and analyzed. Whether it is simply an example great coaching or the refs calling the game inequitably this one calls for frame by frame analysis.

The league has been trying to catch up with Peyton manning for the last ten years what makes you think it will happen now

True. That's why i laugh at the notion of fans/media being upset that the Bills announced Thad Lewis is starting instead of making Cinci guess. If a QB executes a play correctly, it's not going to get stopped, as evidenced by Manning. I just think that Denver is peaking too soon and Manning as some history of not playing as well in January...against the best of the AFC.

Link?

Here's a link to a Cinci thread. Maybe someone smarter than i am can post the pictures that are shown in it.

http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=116388

Robert Kraft holds all the cards with the television networks. They aren't going to let his team lose.

Remember, (a) Kraft is also a board member at Viacom, CBS's parent and (b) CBS actually has an equity stake in the Patriette Place commercial mall/development. How no one in the media has ever really brought them up or focused on those conflicts never ceases to amaze me....