Bills open to trading Byrd

Jdragon2

The Bills are not getting squat for Byrd at this point, he has yet to play a game this season and the new team cannot extend him until after the season. The only move to make is to franchise him again after the season, let Parker shop him around and then trade him for (hopefully) a 2nd.

Yes that is the right move. Or sign him to a long term deal next off-season.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have franchised Levitre if they knew they were moving Williams to safety and drafting two other safeties.

That's a fair point...And Drafting those two Safeties, along with a second WR who's best attribute is being a KR in a league that has basically ruled out Kick Returns, forced the Bills to pass on strengthening a VERY weak depth chart at OG or CB...I think if you're going to Draft two Safeties anyway, then it would have been smarter to keep Levitre over Byrd...

This FO continues to do things that make you shake your head... B-)

Not to mention that the last thing we need on this team is a 3rd rookie QB. No bueno.

Seriously, "they want to trade Byrd for Nassib" is the silliest suggestion I have ever seen on this board.

we wont get much for him sadly. this played out terribly.

It hasn't played out yet.

The Bills may have been contacted by another team after EJ went down.

The Bills realize the season is basically over with EJs injury so there is no reason to keep Byrd at this point

If he is traded it will be for a pick or picks it won't be for a player and certainly won't be for Nassib

I don't see them getting a first for a guy that isn't signed beyond this season but they hv to get at least a second

What team with playoff aspirations would need a Free Safety. Teams at the bottom of pass defense stats, Atlanta, Dallas, Green bay, San Diego and Denver.

Cincinnati has playoff aspirations and a bunch of injuries in their secondary. Would love to get one of their TEs for Byrd but there is very small chance of that happening.

Cincinnati has playoff aspirations and a bunch of injuries in their secondary. Would love to get one of their TEs for Byrd but there is very small chance of that happening.

Cincy drafted Eifert for a reason...They want those two stud TE's...It opens up things for AJ Green...At least it's supposed to... B-)

It sure seems like the Bills are not going to get anything on the field from Byrd until he's got a long term deal. If that's true he's got more value as a trading chip than a player.

Also possible if they don't get something for him now, they may well get nothing for him later.....

At the same time the chatter could be spread by Parker and not the Bills. We will know when we know.

If we just let him walk at the end of the season and he signs the kind of deal he's looking for, what round are we looking at for the comp pick? Seems to me that might be a good option?

That also depends on what the Bills do in FA. If they let Byrd walk they will have significant room under the cap and should be pretty active in FA.

That's a fair point...And Drafting those two Safeties, along with a second WR who's best attribute is being a KR in a league that has basically ruled out Kick Returns, forced the Bills to pass on strengthening a VERY weak depth chart at OG or CB...I think if you're going to Draft two Safeties anyway, then it would have been smarter to keep Levitre over Byrd...

This FO continues to do things that make you shake your head... B-)

That's not a fair point at all - how would they ever know they were drafting two safeties two months before the draft? Yet alone Williams would have any success?

You are one serious douchebag, Eugene Parker. We all hate you!!

Just a fun point. If Eugene Parker was a member of this board he could report your post and have you banned. Now, that....would really make me mad.

Also, I am surprised someone hasn't. We have Goodell, Spagnola, and others...it'd be funny to see someone pose as Parker.