"Hackettball"

Hackettball is an up-tempo, hurry-up, 3 and out variant of the Marty Schottenheimer run, run , pass offensive scheme derived by Nathaniel Hackett.

Hackettball consits of executing a predictable running play inside the tackles on 1st and 2nd down (sometimes the exact same play) to setup a passing play on 3rd down. Punting on 4th down, gassing the defense as quickly as possible.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I Still cant for the life of me figure out why in the 2nd qtr after we ran the ball like 4 times in a row...and got decent yardage, on that 3rd and 2 we went shotgun, and tried to throw the damn ball...

Not only that but we did that same thing on 2 consecutive series. Mind-blowing.

A punt return for a TD. A defensive TD. #1 WR out of game. #1 QB out of game. #1 RB limited carries due to injury.

Bills' fans blame the OC for the loss.

Interesting.

That's one way to look at it.

Another way is to state the obvious. Hackett is terrible at play calling. People on message boards are calling out plays like crazy.

How many times have we run the ball on first down this season? It's got to be at least 85% of the time.

Edited by Bangarang

Another way is to state the obvious. Hackett is terrible at play calling. People on message boards are calling out plays like crazy.

How many times have we run the ball on first down this season? It's got to be at least 85% of the time.

IIRC I saw at least 3 times we started it out with PA on first down.

Hacket's predictability defeats the very purpose of running the no-huddle. All I see is an up-tempo Steve Fairchild. I am going to try to not hang myself off the shower rod tonight. You said it, he is a terrible play-caller.

A punt return for a TD. A defensive TD. #1 WR out of game. #1 QB out of game. #1 RB limited carries due to injury.

Interesting.

Agreed. I've been critical of Hackett but I thought he did a nice job. If we don't lose EJ we win.

Interesting.

Down by 7 with 2:20 left in the half and the guy basically tried to run the clock out with 3 straight running plays.