Bucs Release Josh Freeman

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

unless they intend to go after that money other ways....

They'll have one helluva battle with the NFLPA should they decide to pursue that course of action:

@caplannfl

NFLPA has advanced their investigation and info gathering on what went on with the information leak with Freeman's drug test, source said.

Jets jags or raiders scoop him up ? Minnesota perhaps ?

With the Bucs on the hook for his salary, he won't be w/o a team for long.

Edit:

@JasonLaCanfora

Tampa has released QB Josh Freeman. They owe him his full $8.6M salary for this season. NFL and NFLPA investigations into leaks ongoing

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

The whole situation is crazy. The fact that the drugs he was on were not illegal drugs is crazy. The Bucs seem to have a personal thing against him. I don't think he's earned the crap that he's getting right now.

Someone is going to get themselves an extremely motivated and fired up quarterback that's more than capable of leading his team to the playoffs.

Can't say I'm surprised after everything that's happened this week, but wow. A guy goes from QB of the future to cut within two weeks?

If someone claims him, do they have to assume his contract? That might preclude some teams who otherwise would jump in a second.

Pick this kid up - let him run the scout team and make him our #2 at the end of the year. This offense is built on a mobile QB, and Tuel isn't that. Tuel would be over his head if thrown into an NFL game right now. He looked good in some of the preseason but he's not ready. For Freeman it's not a bad landing spot - young and up-incoming team, unproven QB, offense built for his strength, opportunity to slide into a starting role upon injury or EJ failure.

Until we have the whole story…which we may never get…I’ll reserve judgment. There are 2 sides to every story. Freeman did play really bad over the past 10+ games (without looking up stats, he’s really only had 1 good season) and we have no idea how he’s carried himself behind closed doors. It definitely doesn’t sound like he’s a leader. He oversleeps and misses the team photo. He pouted over not being voted team captain by his peers. Who knows what kind of conversations he’s had with Schiano.

Definitely a strange situation and I am interested as more info gets leaked.

Pick this kid up - let him run the scout team and make him our #2 at the end of the year. This offense is built on a mobile QB, and Tuel isn't that. Tuel would be over his head if thrown into an NFL game right now. He looked good in some of the preseason but he's not ready. For Freeman it's not a bad landing spot - young and up-incoming team, unproven QB, offense built for his strength, opportunity to slide into a starting role upon injury or EJ failure.

heres the question, does Freeman have the right to sign with anyone he wants at this point? He's a FA right?

If so, why would he want to come here knowing that this is EJs team?

If not, then we'd have to deal with teams with lesser records beating is out to claim him off waivers. If that's the case do they use this seasons record so far? Or base it off last seasons record?

Ah, hell, either way we won't be getting him from the Jags.

heres the question, does Freeman have the right to sign with anyone he wants at this point? He's a FA right?

If so, why would he want to come here knowing that this is EJs team?

If not, then we'd have to deal with teams with lesser records beating is out to claim him off waivers. If that's the case do they use this seasons record so far? Or base it off last seasons record?

Ah, hell, either way we won't be getting him from the Jags.

I think he's subject to waivers since he's still on his rookie deal.

Until we have the whole story…which we may never get…I’ll reserve judgment. There are 2 sides to every story. Freeman did play really bad over the past 10+ games (without looking up stats, he’s really only had 1 good season) and we have no idea how he’s carried himself behind closed doors. It definitely doesn’t sound like he’s a leader. He oversleeps and misses the team photo. He pouted over not being voted team captain by his peers. Who knows what kind of conversations he’s had with Schiano.

really? Cause the story I heard yesterday was that the team did vote him one of their captains, but the thought is that the poll was rigged by the coaches so that he wouldn't become captain.

Of course only the players in that locker room would be able to tell you that, but if be interested in hearing what really happened.

This.

The whole situation unravels so quickly there has to be more to the story. No way I would want the Bills to pick him up unless they knew what they were getting. And it's not like they'd be getting a great QB based on his career thus far.