First quarter of the season in the books. Let's review.

JÂy RÛßeÒ

What I've Liked:

• EJ Manuel's demeanor and ability to learn and improve
  • Robert Woods
  • Kiko Alonso
  • Yes, those are our top 3 draft picks.
  • Mario's game vs Panthers
  • Dareus' game vs Ravens
  • Game management by our new Head Coach
  • Overcoming adversity
  • Fans have been a factor in home wins
  • Been in every single game. Fun to watch.
  • More physical than past teams
  • Jairus who?

What concerns me:

• Injuries. Enough already!
  • Penalties. Eric Wood must be trying to cover for Colin Brown cause he doesn't hold this much.
  • Shankopotamus. I hear Brian Moorman is available.
  • EJ's ball security (or lack thereof)
  • EJ's accuracy on the long ball (or lack thereof). Constant underthrows of our fastest receivers. Just put it out there!
  • Justin Rodgers
  • 8 sacks allowed vs Jets
  • Haven't heard one opposing team say that the tempo of our offense gave them any trouble
  • Losing side of almost every play under review. WTF?
  • 0-2 in our division

After the 1st quarter of the 2013 season, the Bills are a respectable 2-2 with close outcomes in each contest.

The next quarter of the season brings the following contests:

@ Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, @ Miami Dolphins, @ New Orleans Saints

Looks like a pretty challenging stretch to me given the opponents they'll be facing with three of the four being road games. I'm thinking 4-4 at best. IMO, the Bills have to win on Thursday to be even at the halfway point.

Where do you predict the Bills will stand at the halfway point assuming the return to health of Gimore and McKelvin?

After the 1st quarter of the 2013 season, the Bills are a respectable 2-2 with close outcomes in each contest.

The next quarter of the season brings the following contests:

@ Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals, @ Miami Dolphins, @ New Orleans Saints

Looks like a pretty challenging stretch to me given the opponents they'll be facing with three of the four being road games. I'm thinking 4-4 at best. IMO, the Bills have to win on Thursday to be even at the halfway point.

Where do you predict the Bills will stand at the halfway point assuming the return to health of Gimore and McKelvin?

here's another good opportunity to go 2-2 (hopefully better)

SQUISH THE FISH

go SAINTS

Obviously these predictions don't factor in devastating injuries to our team, or our opponents. But I can see us sitting at 9-5 with two division games left to play.

@ Browns W--the bloom will be off the rose in Cleveland. They haven't seen a defense like ours, and their lack of firepower will finally stop them dead. (3-2)

Bengals W--The wheels are coming off in Cincy, and with Gilmore likely to be back, alongside McKelvin and may be Byrd too...watch out (4-2)

@ Dolphins L--They're for real. Four W's in a row seems like a lofty perch for this team. (4-3)

@ Saints L--Tough road game against the class of the NFC South (4-4)

KC W--We own these guys at home, that doesn't change this year (5-4)

@ PITT W--Worst Steelers team in a decade. (6-4)

Jets W--Got our Ya-ya's out in what will be our worst game of the year (7-4)

Falcons (TOR) L--Unless something drastic happens, they'll be out for blood trying to keep pace with NO (7-5). Plus, Toronto? Yuck.

@ Tampa W--These guys are struggling. Don't see them righting the ship with stretch Glennon back there. (8-5)

@Jacksonville W--Worst team in the NFL. By a mile (9-5)

That sends us back to the Ralph for our last home game of the year in a match up against Miami...

Obviously these predictions don't factor in devastating injuries to our team, or our opponents. But I can see us sitting at 9-5 with two division games left to play.

@ Browns W--the bloom will be off the rose in Cleveland. They haven't seen a defense like ours, and their lack of firepower will finally stop them dead. (3-2)

Bengals W--The wheels are coming off in Cincy, and with Gilmore likely to be back, alongside McKelvin and may be Byrd too...watch out (4-2)

@ Dolphins L--They're for real. Four W's in a row seems like a lofty perch for this team. (4-3)

Falcons (TOR) L--Unless something drastic happens, they'll be out for blood trying to keep pace with NO (7-5). Plus, Toronto? Yuck.

@ Tampa W--These guys are struggling. Don't see them righting the ship with stretch Glennon back there. (8-5)

That sends us back to the Ralph for our last home game of the year in a match up against Miami...

I said the same thing to my friend today but I was thinking we lose to KC but beat ATL.

If no more serious injuries to starters, I could see this, as injuries and turnovers decide seasons and games in today's NFL. But that is big ask, so I am thinking 8-8 as a few serious injuries will happen to derail this party , plus playing all those games against teams coming off extended rest

It's funny how after a win almost every game seems winnable, and after a loss it feels like we might never win again. I think this is the most optimistic scenario that is still realistic, if that makes sense. I could see it happening, but I could also see 5-9. I'll predict 7-7, flipping the Pitt and Cincy games to losses. Then I'll say we beat Miami at home in week 16 and have an outside shot at the playoffs going into week 17 at New England.

through the first quarter of the season this team has shown tremendous spirit. the players are playing hard, they are fighting through injuries, and the coaches are trying to adapt to situations. the growing pains are very evident but i really like this team a lot. there are many players that are improving game to game seemingly, and hopefully throughout the rest of the year the progression continues, chemistry and trust build, and the mistakes lessen. this is looking like a pretty wild ride, and i'm loving it!

Oh yeah, I had this on my notepad and didn't paste it...

Likes not mentioned above:

- Aaron Williams leadership

- Dareus' entire season

- Manny Lawson!

- Mr Special Teams aka Easley

- Carpenter

- The OL trying as best they can...good effort.

Dislikes not mentioned above:

- No screens or play action

- Eric Wood playing like an idiot.

@Browns

Bengals

@Fins

@Saints

KC

@Pitt

Jets

Falcons

@Tampa

@JVille

Miami

@NE

My take...

@Browns W

Bengals L

@Fins L

@Saints L

KC W

@Pitt W

Jets W

Falcons L

@Tampa W

@JVille W

Miami W

@NE L

9-7

We beat the Browns this week, but I could see us losing and winning next week, too. We go to Miami and lose to their shot out of a cannon success. Drop the Saints. Beat KC on willpower and avoiding a 4 game losing streak. Go to Pburgh and beat them because they look worse then we do with NO offensive line. Bring the Jets home and get revenge with our starting DB's back. Lose to the Falcons because they are still the Falcons. Banking on Tampa still not having answers and we win, same with Jacksonville. Miami, well, we'll just have to win at Miami and we know that. We drop the last in NE because the second game against NE is always the worst.

Edited by jboyst62

It's funny how after a win almost every game seems winnable, and after a loss it feels like we might never win again. I think this is the most optimistic scenario that is still realistic, if that makes sense. I could see it happening, but I could also see 5-9. I'll predict 7-7, flipping the Pitt and Cincy games to losses. Then I'll say we beat Miami at home in week 16 and have an outside shot at the playoffs going into week 17 at New England.

Playoffs are gonna really be tough if KC and Miami keep playing the way they are cause they will lock up the wildcards with Denver and NE in their divisions...