The Mike Pettine Era

When Pettine gets offer to interview to become a HC, you give him an offer he can't refuse. That's my point. You have to keep Pettine here.

If he gets offered a head coaching gig, he's gone. Everything I've seen from him leads me to believe that he wants to prove himself, right now as a DC out of Rex's shadow, but next as a HC. I don't see him passing up an opportunity.

Having said that, I don't see him leaving after one year. And there's no guarantee that after next year he's going to be one of the top HC candidates.

Pettine is the true difference maker to this staff. It's not Marrone. It's not Russ Brandon. Certainly not Hackett.

We can't let Pettine walk to become a headcoach on a different team.

Best way to do that is to make the playoffs so he has a hard time finding time to interview. If he leaves Rex will be available.

I disagree, I liked today's gameplan, helping a young QB with a good running game and taking advantage of PA. It was EJ's bad fundamentals that made the offense look bad. He has tons of talent but he needs to work on the little things that make a QB a great one.

ya know, if we didn't run the ball up the middle on 3rd and anything during the whole game... Well... I disagree with you. Can't Hackett did better today, and EJ has flaws, but Can't Hackett could be replaced.

Just imagine how good they can play when they get McKelvin, Byrd, Gilmore in the lineup

Yeah seriously. It's more about getting our corners back and what the potential of this defense has.

The scheme is impeccable right now. Just a matter of getting the personnel healthy.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

he helps but the QB is the key. Hopefully we don't end up like the Jets with a good team and an average QB.

Both Geno Smith and EJ Manuel have played exactly 4 games and both their records are 2-2 and yet we are already labeling Smith as an *average QB* ? :wallbash: :wallbash:

You wanna give him an extension after four games? Slow your roll.

Haha. We know how that worked out in the past. IMO, Pettine is doing a really good job but let's be honest here. There was a ton of underachieving defensive talent here. That's why he came here. He's doing a good job but IMO, it shows how poor of job previous staffs did. Aaron Williams was a 2nd round pick. Dareus was #3 overall. Alonso was a 2nd rounder. The Williams' brothers. Pettine is finally getting those players to play up to their talent level.