What must the Bills prove to you today

boyst

What is it that the Buffalo Bills must prove to you today in order for you to believe this franchise is turning a corner and on the right path towards success?

Is it simply coaching and coordination that needs to improve? Is it a set of players or an individual player? Will any unit need to improve to make you believe?

My answer to this will be on the OC and if this team is going to continue to do the same things it has the last three weeks. Today's game is winable for us when I look at it. The Ravens are a good team but they have holes - like us - and we can exploit those holes.

I will be encouraged with the following:

1. The team continues to play hard even when things aren't going well -as they have done the first 3 games

2. We see some signs of improvement in the passing game

- Think TJ Graham has to make a few catches or Marcus Easley and/or Chris Hogan should get some time.

I think a reliable possession receiver like Hogan could help get the passing game moving a bit.

- They need to find a way to get CJ Spiller involved in the passing game

- Don't know if Spiller can throw, but with all the attention defenses are giving him, a half-back option pass might be wide open off of a sweep

Improvement in the passing game will come slowly with so many young/unproven WRs combined with a rookie QB.

Overall, I am disappointed by all the injuries, but I expect improvement from the team as they gain experience and get some key players back from injury.

What is it that the Buffalo Bills must prove to you today in order for you to believe this franchise is turning a corner and on the right path towards success?

Is it simply coaching and coordination that needs to improve? Is it a set of players or an individual player? Will any unit need to improve to make you believe?

My answer to this will be on the OC and if this team is going to continue to do the same things it has the last three weeks. Today's game is winable for us when I look at it. The Ravens are a good team but they have holes - like us - and we can exploit those holes.

Win at Home...The mark of a better team, even an improving team, should be the ability to defend Home turf...They need to start winning at Home regularly...They looked decent vs. a very good NE team in week one...But they still lost...Until this team wins at Home they are going nowhere...

I rarely get much encouragement from losing... B-)

For me, its the same thing I've been wanting to see for years...

Play with some attitude and fire in their bellies, hitting hard for the entire game. Add to that, improved game day coaching. Better clock management and adjustments in the game plan. If you try a play and it's not working; they need to stop trying it! Don't leave inexperienced corners on an island with the other teams #1 WR. Find some way to get pressure on the QB. FInd some way to limit the pressure on ours.

In other words, it would be nice to see the coaching staff show a level of comptence in and understanding of the game that's being played. I really don't want to sit on my couch in Idaho and feel like I know more about the game than our coaching staff.

Do any of ya'll feel like you may be asking too much? Do you want to see Rone built overnight? I would guess that is not a bad thing but if we are on the upward path what are the basics we need?

It is so hard to distemper a belief that we have to win it all every Sunday. I doubt I will even watch the game today and just end up listening to it.

Do any of ya'll feel like you may be asking too much? Do you want to see Rone built overnight? I would guess that is not a bad thing but if we are on the upward path what are the basics we need?

It is so hard to distemper a belief that we have to win it all every Sunday. I doubt I will even watch the game today and just end up listening to it.

Lol yea asking for a win is too much. In a business where people get paid to win asking for one is too much.

It's game 4 of the development of EJ Manuel. I'm not watching with the intent of convincing myself the franchise is turning around. I'm watching with the understanding it's a process our talented rookie QB has to go through. As even Flacco said it's experience you can't duplicate in practice. I am hoping that Marone and Hackett foster this growth and don't become another thing that Manuel has to overcome.

Lol yea asking for a win is too much. In a business where people get paid to win asking for one is too much.

Asking to win against the defending champion with a team that has not cracked .500 in how many years? I am not giving excuses but looking at it as a realist. What must be done today against the NFL's best team to let us believe we are getting better?

That they can stop the run effectively.

That the D can prevent 3rd down conversions effectively

Pettine and his "improved scheme" have received much hype.

As of week 3, the Bills are tied for #30 in rushing yards.

The Bills are 27th in 3rd down conversion % on D, with 46%.

Until I see change in the toughness and effectiveness of the D, as far as I'm concerned it's "plus ca change plus c'est la mem chose"

Do any of ya'll feel like you may be asking too much? Do you want to see Rone built overnight?

No. But I want us to stop leading the league (or close) in rushing yardage and bottom 3rd in 3rd down conversions.

There's a lot of focus on Hackett and his playcalling and EJ and his mistakes, and even on our depleted 2ndary.

In all the kerfluffle, the run D, Pettine, and the D overall appear to be getting a "free pass" that appears undeserved.

Want to win the TOP battle? Get their D off our field.