Give Easley a try ?

SoulMan

The error in your analysis is that Graham is a wide receiver. He has almost no receiving skills. On a long ball to him against Carolina, which was well thrown, the Carolina db knocked the ball down for a great defend (their only one of the day) But, Graham, the receiver in question never even looked back, and the ball would have hit him in the back of the head had the defensive play not occured. Graham is beyond RAW here. I say, give Easley a shot, he cannot be worse than Graham at this point. (I saw this play right in front of me at the game)

It was sarcasm. the error in my sarcasm was assuming people would get it. i even capitalized RAW and REMOVED. and said that he could occupy 3 players from the secondary, which is obviously crazy.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big bodies make better targets for rookies, I agree JR in Pitts :thumbsup:

EJ Manuel needs a WR he can trust thats physical enough to go up in a crowd of defenders and come down with the football,

Marcus Easley MIGHT BE that guy...

Corrected

I present Easley at combine vs TJ at combine. Easley runs a 4.46 while TJ gets a 4.41 40 yard dash but who catches everything? Easley. TJ looks awful on the sideline catch much like he does in actual games. It's as if he TRIES to step out.

Graham even steps out of bounds in madden on Hail Mary plays. Easley just looks like a real WR.... He's stacked and thus maybe he can fight through press and for a jump ball. Time for him to get his chance. He caught a couple deep beauties in preseason.

I keep wondering if he hit on the coaches wife or something.

Put Graham on PR duty.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

I see 4.46 as his combine time when I do a Google search. Not shabby. But its not elite speed.

I specifically remember Easley being reported as having run a sub 4.4 forty. Whatever his "official" speed is, it IS fast enough to be doing the same thing TJ is doing on the deep routes - which is supposedly OPENING THINGS UP for the underneath/run game. However, if the QB CAN'T HIT the long ball, then it doesn't open up anything!!! I was calling for Easley to get a shot all last game - and its frustrating that we aren't giving him SOME opportunities!

I specifically remember Easley being reported as having run a sub 4.4 forty. Whatever his "official" speed is, it IS fast enough to be doing the same thing TJ is doing on the deep routes - which is supposedly OPENING THINGS UP for the underneath/run game. However, if the QB CAN'T HIT the long ball, then it doesn't open up anything!!! I was calling for Easley to get a shot all last game - and its frustrating that we aren't giving him SOME opportunities!

yup. what's the worst that could happen, he could have one catch in 3 games or something?

moderators please remove this member IMMEDIATELY. no one talks bad about Graham. Most teams would KILL for a WR will that much speed and RAW talent. The kind of game-breaking end that can occupy a CB an SS and an FS on a single go route. ONLY A BILLS FAN would want that kind of pure unadulterated speed REMOVED from the field. And for who? Marcus Easely. A preseason hero. Everyone's a hero in the preseason.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^LOL!!^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Graham stinks and should have been cut.

I am pretty sure we shouldn't be comparing Marcus Easley and Calvin Johnson.

but we CAN compare Easley to Graham and they are very even on the season so far stat wise, Graham has a slight lead. The real difference being that Graham has had approx 150 more snaps to accumulate stats than Easley.

Again, whats the worst that can happen. Easley ha been on the team for about 5 years already, let him play at least a little bit, please, coach.

I present Easley at combine vs TJ at combine. Easley runs a 4.46 while TJ gets a 4.41 40 yard dash but who catches everything? Easley. TJ looks awful on the sideline catch much like he does in actual games. It's as if he TRIES to step out.

Wow, good post. Pictures are worth a thousand words there. Easley is not as fast but looks quite fluid and relaxed on those tests, TJ looked a bit awkward, as though he was more worried about being fast and setting a time rather than successfully completing each drill.

Easely has stood out in the preseason, was a big raw talent coming out of college, has been a strong special team contributor but he doesn't play

Graham was not good in college, invisible in the preseason and hasnt does anything on special teams but is handed the #2 wide out spot

Easely has stood out in the preseason, was a big raw talent coming out of college, has been a strong special team contributor but he doesn't play

Graham was not good in college, invisible in the preseason and hasnt does anything on special teams but is handed the #2 wide out spot

Someone thinks he`s a burner,got Al Davis syndrome. Please start Easley. WHAT COULD IT HURT. What has T.J. done ???