Today was a reality check Bills fans

buffalo_bills

Listen folks, today we all came back to reality after last weeks win. What did we realize?

- We have a rookie QB who will take some time to develop into a franchise guy

- You can't win in this league without NFL-caliber corners/safeties

- We NEED Byrd and Gilmore back ASAP

- Marcel Dareus will probably never live up to his draft status

- Injuries kill this team every year

- We have a major hole at LG on the o-line

- Spiller will not avg 6 yds a carry this year

- This team will be fighting to stay out of the AFC East basement this season

There are some very nice pieces to build around here in Buffalo. However, this will not happen overnight. This is what we learned today.

Listen folks, today we all came back to reality after last weeks win. What did we realize?

There are some very nice pieces to build around here in Buffalo. However, this will not happen overnight. This is what we learned today.

-Geno

-Rex has been benching CB's left and right,

-obvious

-At least he's still a starter and not a FA,

-injuries kill every team, no excuse

-Lolin Brown

-I was a "troll" for saying that week one, watch out

-Yep

-Geno

Are you really ready to anoint Geno a franchise QB? Did you see him last week?!? I mean today he had great O line play which gave him plenty of time, and played against a secondary that was playing their 4th and 5th string CBs and back up FS and he still threw a pair of INTs. At this point in the season I would still rather have EJ.

Will they keep these nice pieces? Or will they continue to draft players to replace players they lose to free agency?

-Geno

Really? I mean...Really? :huh:

Not that I don't want to give the kid credit...He had a good game...He was also facing a Defense without 4 of their top 5 DB's for the majority of the game...He threw two nice deep passes that resulted in TD's vs a guy who can't cover...I saw JP Losman do the same thing more than once...Geno has a long, long, way to go...A long way...He had 2 INT's in this game that very well could have cost the Jets the victory if the Bills were capable of sustaining anything offensively...

I've seen Geno play two full games now...I've seen EJ play three...I've yet to see much out of either that would lead me to believe they are going to be a Franchise QB's...I have seen enough to think they both have the potential to do so if they continue to improve and clean up the mistakes...We'll see in a couple years... B-)

true but we really knew it this off season, you can't have all new coaches, schemes and many players and expect a good product.

Spiller might be better served in a spread system and not sure if he will fit in with this scheme so it might be in our best interest too trade him. (I AM NOT SAYING HE SUCKS OR ANY OF THAT JUST THAT HE MIGHT NOT FIT HERE)

true but we really knew it this off season, you can't have all new coaches, schemes and many players and expect a good product.

Delusional Bills fans can. They rip anybody who has a more realistic POV and then turn to doom and gloom the moment things don't go according to their wishes.

This team was always going to be bad this year. Like you said, all new coaching staff and schemes, rookie QB, young WRs, a D that hasn't been able to stop the run in a decade. Add to it the injury issue that plagues this team every year and it adds up to a season of struggles.

Really? I mean...Really? :huh:

Not that I don't want to give the kid credit...He had a good game...He was also facing a Defense without 4 of their top 5 DB's for the majority of the game...He threw two nice deep passes that resulted in TD's vs a guy who can't cover...I saw JP Losman do the same thing more than once...Geno has a long, long, way to go...A long way...He had 2 INT's in this game that very well could have cost the Jets the victory if the Bills were capable of sustaining anything offensively...

I've seen Geno play two full games now...I've seen EJ play three...I've yet to see much out of either that would lead me to believe they are going to be a Franchise QB's...I have seen enough to think they both have the potential to do so if they continue to improve and clean up the mistakes...We'll see in a couple years... B-)

It's clear to me that Geno is an upgrade over Sanchise. It's not so clear that EJ is an upgrade over Fitz.

Obviously it's "too soon" to tell, but all we got is what we've seen. And yeah, I'll take a QB who wins games and puts up 300 yards in the air every week for $500, Alex.

Edited by FireChan

It is called rebuilding. As I have said for months, keep the bandwagon in the garage; when you throw everyone out (players/coaches/GMs) and start over, the clock to playoffs starts over again. Yesterday was just a reminder of that. I just hope the injuries are not season ending for any of these guys. That would be a victory.

- Chan Gailey was the best thing that happened to this team and we ran him out of town

- Ryan Fitzy was the best QB we had in a decade and we ran him out of town too

- Hackett sucks

- EJ Sucks

- We will run Spiller out of town

- We will run Marcel D. And Mario out of town

- We will run Stevie Johnson out of town

- We will rebuild every 2 - 3 years for the rest of our lives because we run everyone out of town

- Chan Gailey was the best thing that happened to this team and we ran him out of town

- Ryan Fitzy was the best QB we had in a decade and we ran him out of town too

- Hackett sucks

- EJ Sucks

- We will run Spiller out of town

- We will run Marcel D. And Mario out of town

- We will run Stevie Johnson out of town

- We will rebuild every 2 - 3 years for the rest of our lives because we run everyone out of town

I hope this is a joke.