Fades on 3rd Down

ProbablyWrong

I have no idea why anyone would throw a fade at any time in a football game unless the pattern was less than ten yards and they had a guy who's at least 6' 4".

I have no idea why the Bills continue to have their WRs run patterns right down the sideline so as to give their QB the smallest possible window to throw the ball.

I have no idea why anyone would throw a fade at any time in a football game unless the pattern was less than ten yards and they had a guy who's at least 6' 4".

I have no idea why the Bills continue to have their WRs run patterns right down the sideline so as to give their QB the smallest possible window to throw the ball.

It's one of the worst routes. Usually, if you call it, it's also a one option play--i.e., you just throw it up there, without running through any options.

This offensive co-ordinator is gutless in calling plays. Less chanch of getting intercepted down the sideline and IMHO is a red flag that this coaching staff wants to keep Manuel with a tight list of passes they will allow him to attempt. I believe there was but one short pass thrown over the middle.

That's coaching. Someone was telling EJ to throw the fade every time there was a stacked box. They seem afraid to let him make reads. It's bad.

This offensive co-ordinator is gutless in calling plays. Less chanch of getting intercepted down the sideline and IMHO is a red flag that this coaching staff wants to keep Manuel with a tight list of passes they will allow him to attempt. I believe there was but one short pass thrown over the middle.

This is really it and it pisses me off. Why even start your rookie if you're not going to let him try because you're so worried about mistakes? The Bills wouldn't let EJ do anything until it was 4th quarter panic time. And it turns out he did pretty well, even considering the crazy pressure he was facing on every throw.

Compare that with the Jets who let Geno throw right from the start. Turns out he had more good things happen than bad things and his team won the game.

And aside from today's game, guess which QB learned more today? It sure wasn't EJ.

And aside from today's game, guess which QB learned more today? It sure wasn't EJ.

Bingo.

They're not making a playoff run this year. Let the kid play the game and learn from the mistakes he's going to make.

He doesn't need helicopter parents, he needs to go out and ball.

Bingo.

They're not making a playoff run this year. Let the kid play the game and learn from the mistakes he's going to make.

He doesn't need helicopter parents, he needs to go out and ball.

Yup. Hackett is calling games like he's scared of getting ran out of the booth. Ironically, if he keeps this crap up he'll be ran out of the booth before the bye.

I dont think it was 'called' all that often. I think its the only thing Manuel is comfortable throwing. He just wants to get rid of the ball so he just throws it up there. He could sit in the pocket and find someone else but he seems scared IMO. And they are incredibly ugly balls. In fact, he is a pretty ugly thrower in general.

EJ has an arm, I feel like he never zips it.

Yea, whats with that? He tosses up these baby floaters. NO confidence in his arm

Edited by peterpan